Nelsonville-York fans I Just Heard something at work that

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: Nelsonville-York fans I Just Heard A Rumor at work that

Post by buckeyeguy »

goodluck buckeyes
Last edited by buckeyeguy on Thu May 14, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Ok I have heard the story now and I just want to throw a few things out there........

1. Please DO NOT talk about the specifics of what is going on on this forum! There are two sides to every story and no one should risk slandering someone on a public forum.

2. I respect the players who want to stand up for Coach Boston. Regardless of how this turns out, I really hope all of the players play next year. Especially the seniors. They will really regret missing their senior year when they are older if they do in fact sit out.

That's all I'm saying about it out of respect for everyone involved with this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not post the specifics of what has happened on this public forum because it would be slander if proven false. And remember, there are two sides to every story regardless of which side you are taking on this.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Could someone please PM me the details on this. Thanks!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Ok I have heard the story now and I just want to throw a few things out there........

1. Please DO NOT talk about the specifics of what is going on on this forum! There are two sides to every story and no one should risk slandering someone on a public forum.

2. I respect the players who want to stand up for Coach Boston. Regardless of how this turns out, I really hope all of the players play next year. Especially the seniors. They will really regret missing their senior year when they are older if they do in fact sit out.

That's all I'm saying about it out of respect for everyone involved with this. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not post the specifics of what has happened on this public forum because it would be slander if proven false. And remember, there are two sides to every story regardless of which side you are taking on this.

Spot on.

People need to quit pointing fingers. I have great sources at NY, and even I have no certain grasp of what has happened and is happening.

As for the players, they need to do what they think is right for now. However, when the time comes, they need to play. This is a part of life. They are only hurting themselves if they decide not to play. One guy in particular has a chance to better his life with football. If Boston is the guy I think he is, he will demand that these guys play no matter what happens.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I want to second some of the things the previous posters have said. This is not the place for this topic to be hashed out and I agree with Orestes that Davey will certainly explain to all the young men that you don't throw yourself on a grenade to show someone your loyalty. It is admirable that the players at NY have chosen to take a stand and support their coach, but they must be true to themselves first and foremost. I hope that down the line cooler heads will prevail and this can be worked out to provide the best outcome for ALL parties involved.

buckfan84
All Conference

Re: Nelsonville-York fans I Just Heard something at work that

Post by buckfan84 »

I can't even begin to say how bad I feel for the entire Boston family. I am sure Sr. is really feeling for his son. I just don't like the way this was handled. Something about it doesn't seem kosher. I know for a fact that Davey is still the AD but not head coach. If the reasons that I have heard about him losing his coaching job, I would have thought that this position would be gone for him also. Just doesn't make sense.

If in fact Terwilliger is the coach, I know he has had a strong program in the Columbus area and wish him well. I just wouldn't want to be in his shoes next year.

FridayNites
Waterboy

Post by FridayNites »

I havent heard anything lately, but the last thing I knew FH is in need of some
great coaches.
I consider Coach Boston a good fit!!

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

Wow! My brother emailed me about this, and I had to read it. I've known Davey for a lot of years (he graduated the year after me from high school). I've always gotten along with him. My son only played football in jr. high, but wrestled all through school. Davey always supported him and was a mentor to him. Whenever he had a problem or issue that needed some guidance, Davey was there for him. Davey was just plain good to my son.

I really do hope all this works out. I don't know what happened, but can it be fixed? :(

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

ed will be the coach from what im hearing. and apparantly their is a defferent reason he is not coach and its understandable, and the whole team is looking forward to the new coach . it will be a good year, he is a great coach from what i hear

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If what is being outlined here is true, with Coach Boston's dismissal, I am truly shocked. I hope that whatever differences which have resulted in this quagmire, are resolved and the NY program continues to prosper. I have numerous friends up there, and hate to see something like this potentially damage the program, its health, and its reputation.

As others have stated, let cooler heads prevail, let the fallout settle, and clear this up. I hope that the final resolution is best for Coach Boston, the community, and most importantly, the players.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I think everyone at NY will forever love the entire Boston family. A Boston has coached NY football going back to the 1966 Nelsonville Greyhounds! NY has never known another coach outside of this wonderful family!

If this is the end of the Boston era at NY, we are forever indebted to Coach Dave Boston Sr ('66-'92), his son-in-law Coach Kevin Meade ('93-'02), and son Coach Dave Boston Jr. ('03-'08). No one outside of this family has coached in Nelsonville since the '65 Greyhounds!

If Ed is in fact the coach, this could be the dawning of a new era of NY football. I've been reading up on him online and I am impressed! Here is a guy who at Olentangy over a span of 19 years has taken it to many of the Division I OCC schools in the Columbus area! Beating the Dublins, Westervilles, and Big Walnuts of the world! If he is in fact the new coach, we must all unite behind him and welcome him home! He was a Buckeye growing up, so he is one of us!

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

not sure if he coaches olantangy or olantangy liberty but both were 7-3 in div.2 last year. so he can do alot with ny. i wish him luck. gobucks

stoleit_2711
Waterboy

Post by stoleit_2711 »

If some of the kids don't play its not because of the coach its because they don't truly love the game. I always thought you did something because you loved it not because you like or dislike the coach. IMO.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

they are playing. their looking foward to the new coach and having another tvc title yet agian. cant wait

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

buckeyeguy wrote:they are playing. their looking foward to the new coach and having another tvc title yet agian. cant wait

Is it official that Ed Terwilliger is the new coach? Thanks.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I just want to wish the best of luck to Coach Boston.

He was a good guy to work with, always willing to interview win or lose or take time out of his day to talk football, and to be honest, was the perfect fit for Nelsonville-York. The man indeed bleeds Orange and Brown.

I wrote his hiring story back in March of six years ago, and covered him and his Nelsonville-York teams for two years.

Covered some of the best wins with the Buckeyes too: over Trimble 21-18 in 2003 to knock the Tomcats from the ranks of the undefeated; over Wellston 38-12 in 2003 in which the Buckeyes led 31-0 at halftime and just had their way with Wellston; 20-0 in the season opener at Athens in 2004; 20-14 at Vinton County in 2004 after they had lost three straight including the infamous 19-13 loss to Trimble the week before; and 13-8 against Wellston in 2004 which put them in the driver's seat for a second straight TVC-Ohio title on the way to five out of six titles overall.

Saw them at Wellston in 2005 win 27-7, en route to the third straight TVC title.

Had a chance to talk to him in-depth three years ago when doing a magazine article on Jay Edwards. Good stuff.

I believe his records were as follows. Some can correct me if I am wrong on those. Won the TVC-Ohio and made the Division V Region 19 playoffs in every year except 2007.

2003 - 7-4
2004 - 7-4
2005 - 7-4
2006 - 9-2
2007- 4-6
2008 - 9-2

That's a 2-1 ratio of wins to losses.

I'm glad his players are standing up for him. I hope things work out for the best for Coach Boston.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

wow from what i looked up this coach has coached a lot of players that have went on to play collage football for big name schooles. he will get the most out of these kids thats for sure.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:I just want to wish the best of luck to Coach Boston.

He was a good guy to work with, always willing to interview win or lose or take time out of his day to talk football, and to be honest, was the perfect fit for Nelsonville-York. The man indeed bleeds Orange and Brown.

I wrote his hiring story back in March of six years ago, and covered him and his Nelsonville-York teams for two years.

Covered some of the best wins with the Buckeyes too: over Trimble 21-18 in 2003 to knock the Tomcats from the ranks of the undefeated; over Wellston 38-12 in 2003 in which the Buckeyes led 31-0 at halftime and just had their way with Wellston; 20-0 in the season opener at Athens in 2004; 20-14 at Vinton County in 2004 after they had lost three straight including the infamous 19-13 loss to Trimble the week before; and 13-8 against Wellston in 2004 which put them in the driver's seat for a second straight TVC-Ohio title on the way to five out of six titles overall.

Saw them at Wellston in 2005 win 27-7, en route to the third straight TVC title.

Had a chance to talk to him in-depth three years ago when doing a magazine article on Jay Edwards. Good stuff.

I believe his records were as follows. Some can correct me if I am wrong on those. Won the TVC-Ohio and made the Division V Region 19 playoffs in every year except 2007.

2003 - 7-4
2004 - 7-4
2005 - 7-4
2006 - 9-2
2007- 4-6
2008 - 9-2

That's a 2-1 ratio of wins to losses.

I'm glad his players are standing up for him. I hope things work out for the best for Coach Boston.

boston has never had a worse record then 6-4

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

buckeyeguy....Nelsonville-York was forced to forfeit two wins in 2007 for use of an ineligible player. In the official OHSAA books, the Buckeyes' record that season was changed to 4-6.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:buckeyeguy....Nelsonville-York was forced to forfeit two wins in 2007 for use of an ineligible player. In the official OHSAA books, the Buckeyes' record that season was changed to 4-6.

hey keyser the buckeyes beat those teams on the field wear it really counts they took those 2 games yes but we still beat them :122246 on the field we were 6-4 so :idea:

Return to “Football”