Trimble @ Coal Grove "makeup game" will take place in 2014

Vision Quest
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble @ Coal Grove "makeup game" will take place in 20

Post by Vision Quest »

Also heard, several of the teams that have beaten Coal Grove have written OHSAA complaining that the Coal Grove open date hurts them more than if Coal Grove had won. Any truth to this?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Visions Quest I have heard that as well,,,,I know the difference between Valley and Nelsonville-York could be a few percentage points, and a Grove win over Trimble could push Valley ahead of Nelsonville-York.

TTomcats
Waterboy

Post by TTomcats »

Please keep in mind while you all are "entertaining" yourselves, that NOT EVERYONE in Trimble agrees that this game should NOT be played. There are people that are NOT happy with Trimble's schedule, program, and coaches. There are a lot of kids and people at Trimble that "have heart" and would be willing to play win or lose. Some people actually think that you should work for what get, and if we aren't good enough to make it to week 11 then the season ends after week 10. With that being said, continue on with your jokes and cracks about Trimble knowing that you aren't speaking about everyone in the Trimble area!!

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

There was a few calls to 107 friday night after the game concerning this. I think Rusty was getting pretty tired of hearing about it.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

ttt

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

No one here in Trimble thinks cc can beat the cats so why would the Tomcats be afraid to play.After the river vally game cc should be glad they didnt have to play Trimble

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I would put money on the bees in this one.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

DILLIGAF wrote:No one here in Trimble thinks cc can beat the cats so why would the Tomcats be afraid to play.After the river vally game cc should be glad they didnt have to play Trimble

If the Tomcats are not afraid then tell Rusty to grow some grapefruits and get those boys down here to play, it's that simple.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I"m assuming that if the OHSAA has not said this game must be played by now, they are not going to say it must be played. We are only 9 days away from the end of the season, and I'm assuming there would need to be some notice to give to the schools if the game had to be played.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

DILLIGAF wrote:No one here in Trimble thinks cc can beat the cats so why would the Tomcats be afraid to play.After the river vally game cc should be glad they didnt have to play Trimble
But that is river Valley right and not Trimble so maybe Trimble may not beat Coal Grove but silly me I thought that was why games was played.
To show the better team and not compare scores of teams each of them played.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

This game should have been played. It is affecting to many other teams and play off hopes. You know that Trimble staff had to have already had this game marked up as a loss and NOT playing it only improved their playoff chances. OHSAA should have forced this game to be played somewhere along the line.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Was there any effort to find a neutral site to play the game on that Saturday so the health concerns from the Trimble school brass would have been lessened? It could have still been played closer to CG just not at their place allowing for "home field advantage". I'm sure they could have found a neighboring school willing to allow the game to be played even if it were played on like Saturday afternon so the lights wouldn't have been needed if that were a problem. As they say where there is a will there is a way and I think this game could have been played somehow, somewhere if Trimble really wanted to.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

Trimble didn't want to play this game. Last year they tried to avoid the game also. After the tornadoes hit, there were power outages so they postponed the game. CG offered to switch and let them come to the Grove but they said since the power was out they couldn't fuel the busses. Game was move to Saturday to be played at NY, then power back on and moved back to Glouster. Long story short, Hornets 49 kittycats 12. just sayn'...

Vladd
Freshman Team

Post by Vladd »

wemufans wrote:
Vlad III the Impaler wrote:Not trying to stir anything up, but if this game was scheduled, why wasn't it played? Any way you want to look at it, this game should be played because of all the other teams looking to get into the playoffs are the ones who will be on the outside looking in, but if this game had been played it might change the ranking. Thanks for any information on how this issue of these two teams playing came up in the first place.

It wasn't played because Thurs. night beofre the original game WSAZ ran a story about meningitis going around @ CG. So out of fear Trimble did not want to play. I partly blame CG because they did not call Trimble earlier in the week to tell
them that a few students had it and that the game would still be played just a friendly warning would have eased the fears. But when you hear it on the 11 oclock news the night before i can see the fear! However it still should have been played. Our middle school played them that Thurs. and not one kid ended up sick! We however knew nothing of the outbreak until we get home after the game! I still say play the game becasue this is not only affecting Trimble but other schools as well.
wemufans, Thank you for answering my question. I agree with you, this game should have been made up because like you stated, it affects other teams trying to get into the playoff's and the place they would have been ranked. By not playing their scheduled game, could work out to be a difference between playing a home game vs having to travel away for the game for some teams.

I am not saying all the people, especially the players at Trimble didn't want to play this game, but it has to make you wonder why something wasn't worked out to sooner to get this game played. It was wise to error on the side of caution, as it isn't worth any players or fans health. But when it was found out to be more of a scare than it was, the game should have been played on Saturday. It really is sad for all involved. Good luck to both programs on the rest of their season and hope for no injuries to any of their players.

I am not from Trimble, but I have played against them many moons ago and always respected them over the years as they always fielded a team that played hard and always played with a lot of heart and desire no matter how much bigger the school was they played. I know this game would have been interesting, and would have liked to have seen how both teams did against each other. But now we will never know and can only guess to what the outcome would have been. it isn't fair to either team for all of the rest of us to bash them. The players can only play when the two schools involved tell them they can play.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

According to the Ironton Tribune this morning, the OHSSA has declared the game a forfeit by Trimble and CG gets the win. On my way out the door, no time to attach the article.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

docw wrote:According to the Ironton Tribune this morning, the OHSSA has declared the game a forfeit by Trimble and CG gets the win. On my way out the door, no time to attach the article.
I just read it, the artical is available online.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

There will be no makeup game. As a matter of fact, there will not be a game between CG and Trimble in the foreseable future. They will not be scheduled and will not meet in the playoffs since they are in different divisions and once Trimble is consolidated with NY they will move up a division.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:There will be no makeup game. As a matter of fact, there will not be a game between CG and Trimble in the foreseable future. They will not be scheduled and will not meet in the playoffs since they are in different divisions and once Trimble is consolidated with NY they will move up a division.
Heck NO!!

We don't want em. Let em go to Athens, Fedhock, and Miller.

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

NYBUX wrote:
readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:There will be no makeup game. As a matter of fact, there will not be a game between CG and Trimble in the foreseable future. They will not be scheduled and will not meet in the playoffs since they are in different divisions and once Trimble is consolidated with NY they will move up a division.
Heck NO!!

We don't want em. Let em go to Athens, Fedhock, and Miller.
NYBUX, don't feed em, you know how stray cats are....

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

In the future there will only be three County School's. NY, Alex and Athens. Federal Hocking and Trimble will have to go to one of those and Federal possible Warren and Eastern.

Return to “Football”