Coach Boston Stays!!!!!!!!

rut151
Freshman Team

Re: Coach Boston Stays!!!!!!!!

Post by rut151 »

the Kool-Aid Man wrote:How would you like to be the guy that let him go? If I was him I think that I would look for another job because it is evident that he has NO BACKING from the Board to do his job and what he sees is best for the school. So if i was him I would go to work and collect a paycheck. No trying to stir trouble that is just my opinion

As usual you don't know what your talking about, you will always have hate for N-Y because they would'nt give you a job. BTW I won't be on here anymore until the fall.
I gotta work for a living

Pickbuck86
Waterboy

Post by Pickbuck86 »

Orestes wrote:The super was part of this agreement. Correct? These guys were likely negotiating this all day long.

Also, it is doubtful the power has shifted. The board did not necessarily find anyone blameless. They may have simply felt that such strong actions were not necessary in this case. Improper relations with a student, violence, and hardcore drug abuse are things that make such actions necessary. Anything else can be worked on and used as a warning.

I am guessing the super is somewhat pleased with this result. Clearly, there were behaviors he wanted changed. I have a slight feeling that will happen.

Plus, now that the situation has been handled properly, I think it's best people let everyone move on with their lives, and hope this has been a lesson for all involved.

Anyway, good luck to Coach Boston and the Buckeyes this season. I have a feeling the players are going to rally in a big way after this situation. The voluntary weights and sprints are probably starting today. :-D
This situation was by no means handled properly. Wouldn't you agree that a warning could have been given behind closed doors instead of in the public arena? And, if such strong actions were not necessary, then why fire him in the first place? Surely you can understand why the people of this community distrust those involved.

lmfao
Waterboy

Post by lmfao »

[quote="pickbuck86"]This situation was by no means handled properly. Wouldn't you agree that a warning could have been given behind closed doors instead of in the public arena? And, if such strong actions were not necessary, then why fire him in the first place? Surely you can understand why the people of this community distrust those involved.

...........and how do you know that there wasn't a warning or multiple warnings given?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

lmfao wrote:
pickbuck86 wrote:This situation was by no means handled properly. Wouldn't you agree that a warning could have been given behind closed doors instead of in the public arena? And, if such strong actions were not necessary, then why fire him in the first place? Surely you can understand why the people of this community distrust those involved.

...........and how do you know that there wasn't a warning or multiple warnings given?

Imfao, this is the best post yet! He was probably warned about whatever happened from day one. Whatever happened to taking responsibilitry. It sounds to me like one family name has become bigger than the game. This is the same guy who was lucky to have a job after playing illegal players two years. I'm not so sure he is the perfect man he is made out to be.

Pickbuck86
Waterboy

Post by Pickbuck86 »

lmfao wrote:
pickbuck86 wrote:This situation was by no means handled properly. Wouldn't you agree that a warning could have been given behind closed doors instead of in the public arena? And, if such strong actions were not necessary, then why fire him in the first place? Surely you can understand why the people of this community distrust those involved.

The point is, if the act of firing Coach Boston was used as a warning, it was far too extreme, as he would not have been rehired.

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

Whompascat states that football is more important than doing the right thing, I recall the current head football coach at Trimble being dismissed by the superintendent and board of head because of conflicts in record keeping, scheduling, and other issues. The community of Glouster was ready to lynch the administration, that was the right thing to do. I would not wish bad circumstances on anyone in this current economy, even if it was my arch rival school.

Coach Boston and his family are N-Y football, just like Coach Faires and his family are Tomcat football , it would be very sad to not have him on the sidelines. He needs to finish his degree so conflicts that affect school and community do not occur in the future. Mr. McClelland is a great person, excellent leader, and I would hope that no one would question his integrity or character. He has been part of the N-Y school system for sometime now.

Good Luck, Coach Boston, Mr. Mcclelland and N-Y football community, you have a great coach who does care about the school and community.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think the superintendent was likely too aggressive, but the end result can be viewed as a positive. Boston still has his job, and sometimes it's good to be shaken up a little. It can help a person appreciate and reevaluate what they have. Plus, Mr. Boston's reputation has not been harmed, because if anything, he has been granted sainthood in the community :-D

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Whatever the case, I urge people to not hold this against Mr. McClelland. He probably was just doing what he thought was necessary. This was probably a black and white situation, and now it is gray. As I said before, I'm sure you will win plenty of games this season.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

blizzard you have a pm

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

BlizzardMan wrote:Whatever the case, I urge people to not hold this against Mr. McClelland. He probably was just doing what he thought was necessary. This was probably a black and white situation, and now it is gray. As I said before, I'm sure you will win plenty of games this season.

I don't think any one is holding this against Mick.
Frankly it will all but be forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Agreed about the superintendent. He and Coach Boston will be working together, so everyone else in the community should put it behind them as well.

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

Rut come on you dont work....No need to lie to me...BTW WHY would they hire me im not even a coach you CLOWN!!!!

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

congrats to the school board who I doubt was worried if they was going to re-elected or not according to the blizzard person :roll: citizens and students for standing up for Coach Boston
whats done is done let sleeping dogs lie they worked it all out it sounds like whatever the problem is fixed and they all are friends again etc. read today's messenger there is a story in there.. and it was Nice to hear Coach Boston Sr. this morning on view point... :122245 didn't go to the meeting had sick one yesterday... but was there in spirit!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Now lets move on and get ready for football season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH how I've missed friday nights!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

koondogger wrote:No one should think even for a second that this will help you in Gloiuster this fall. We love that offense and its predictability.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just my thoughts guys!

Hmmm........looking at past scores of Trimble vs. NY...........NY has a commanding lead in the all-time series and when NY wins its usually a blowout and when Trimble wins, it is usually by a touchdown or less.......so while that offense might be "predictable" its also predictable that Trimble has never found a way to stop it! :lol: ;-)

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

the Kool-Aid Man wrote:Rut come on you dont work....No need to lie to me...BTW WHY would they hire me im not even a coach you CLOWN!!!!

Did you not attempt to get a janitor's job and did'nt get hired because your a theif.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

koondogger wrote:No one should think even for a second that this will help you in Gloiuster this fall. We love that offense and its predictability.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just my thoughts guys!

You mean the offense that almost always ends with..................

TOUCHDOWN BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buckeyefan4life
Waterboy

Post by buckeyefan4life »

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

? Staying or going?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

buckeyefan4life wrote:11
Not sure why you dug this old topic up for.

Return to “Football”