2009 SEOAL Previews: Logan Chieftains

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: 2009 SEOAL Previews: Logan Chieftains

Post by 1987chieftains »

lol, the lack of linemen did make it alittle dull. but, it was still good to see them playing. plus my son loved it.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

1987chieftains wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Scrimmages Announced:

Aug. 14: VS Circleville

Aug. 18: VS Logan Elm ("early day practice")

Aug. 21: VS Sheridan (Jamboree)

All scrimmages at Logan Chieftain Stadium

any word on times for these yet locos?[/quote]

I would assume Circleville and Sheridan are 5:00 PM starts. I'd heard somewhere that Logan elm was an 11:00 AM start but I can't verify these times.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

LoganLocos wrote:2009 Logan Chieftains

Head Coach: Dale Amyx (20th Season, 129-70 overall)
2008 Record: 11-1 (6-0, SEOAL Champions, D2 Playoff Qualifier)
Division: II, Region 7
Returning Starters: 10 (6 Offense, 4 Defense)
Key Losses: Jaush Huntsberger (WR/DB), Jon Neff (TE/DE), Clay Morgan (RB/LB), Seth Sigler (WR/NG), Zach Adams (WR/LB), Stephen Miller (FB/DT), Cary MacLaughlin (OG/DT), Ronnie Burcham (K), David Schneider (OL), Weston Andy (OL), Derek Shirey (OT)
Key Returnees: Patrick Angle (QB/DB), Ryan Sigler (WR/DE), Mason Mays (WR/DB/LB), Ralph Robinson (TE/DE), Jordan Rutter (WR/DB), Zach McDaniel (RB/WR/NG/DB), Michael Snider (FB/LB), Bobby Russell (C), Tim King (OT), Jeff Murphy (OG)

2009 Schedule:
Aug. 28 - AT Lancaster
Sept. 4 - VS Pickerington North
Sept. 11 - AT Hamilton Township
Sept. 18 - AT Gallia Academy
Sept. 25 - AT Ironton *
Oct. 2 - VS Zanesville
Oct. 9 - VS Marietta *
Oct. 16 - AT Warren *
Oct. 23 - VS Jackson *
Oct. 30 - VS Chillicothe *

Projected Line-Up:
Offense
QB - Patrick Angle - 6'1 - 195lbs - SR *
RB - Zach McDaniel - 5'11 - 165lbs - SR
WR - Mason Mays - 5'11 - 175lbs - SR *
WR - Jordan Rutter - 5'11 - 165lbs - SR *
WR - Ryan Sigler - 6'3 - 185lbs - SR
WR - Jordan Jurgensmier - 5'11 - 150lbs - JR
OT - Brock Thompson - 6'1 - 220lbs - SR
OG - Kyle Andy - 5'11 - 190lbs - SR
C - Bobby Russell - 6'2 - 250lbs - SR **
OG - Jeff Murphy - 5'11 - 215lbs - SR *
OT - Tim King - 6'1 - 220lbs - JR *
Other Offensive Players:
OL - Jesse Arnold - 6'3 - 245lbs - JR
OL - Kevin Smith - 6'1 - 215lbs - SR
TE/WR - Ralph Robinson - 6'0 - 200lbs - SR
WR - Korey Swaim - 5'9 - 160lbs - SR
RB - Dylan Cavinee - 5'11 - 170lbs - JR
FB - Michael Snider - 6'0 - 200lbs - SR

Defense
DE - Ralph Robinson - 6'0 - 200lbs - SR *
DT - Jake Pogemoeller - 6'3 - 240lb - SR
NG - Zach McDaniel - 5'11 - 165lbs - SR
DT - T.J. McCray - 5'11 - 260lbs - SR
DE - Ryan Sigler - 6'3 - 185lbs - SR
LB - Mason Mays - 5'11 - 175lbs - SR **
LB - Michael Snider - 6'0 - 200lbs - SR *
LB - Dylan Cavinee - 5'11 - 170lbs - JR
CB - Jordan Rutter - 5'11 - 165lbs - SR
CB - Jordan Jurgensmier - 5'11 - 150lbs - JR
FS - Patrick Angle - 6'1 - 195lbs - SR **
Other Defensive Players:
DL - Jesse Arnold - 6'3 - 245lbs - JR
DL - Kevin Smith - 6'1 - 215lbs - SR
DB - Korey Swaim - 5'9 - 160lbs - SR
NG/LB - Caleb Valkinburg - 5'11 - 170lbs - SR
DL - Kyle Andy - 5'11 - 190lbs - SR
DL - Clayton Kiger - 6'2 - 250lbs - JR
DL - Jon Teal - 6'0 - 230lbs - JR

2009 Outlook:

Coming Soon!

AS always LOCO good job!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan has 60 boys out in the top three grades

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

dazed&confused wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Scrimmages Announced:

Aug. 14: VS Circleville

Aug. 18: VS Logan Elm ("early day practice")

Aug. 21: VS Sheridan (Jamboree)

All scrimmages at Logan Chieftain Stadium

any word on times for these yet locos?

I would assume Circleville and Sheridan are 5:00 PM starts. I'd heard somewhere that Logan elm was an 11:00 AM start but I can't verify these times.[/quote]

good deal DC thanks!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

anyone hear if there is going to be a gate $$ for the sheridan game?

walker
Waterboy

Post by walker »

I heard $5 gate

walker
Waterboy

Post by walker »

Logan Daily has Logan Elm practice/Scrimmage @ 11:00
Circleville @ 7:00 8/14
Sheridan @ 7:30 8/21

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Is the Logan Elm scrimmage the 11th or the 18th? I have gotten conflicting reports on that. I was planning on coming down on Tuesday if they are having a scrimmage.

highonthehill
Waterboy

Post by highonthehill »

I know reading this often that a lot of Logan football players follow this and what we all say. That being said, I would like to share something with them and the rest of the SEOP's community.

Being a graduate of Logan High School and playing football since 4th grade, I'm going to miss it dearly. Football is nothing but a sport, people watch it, cheer for it, and feast on it. Brings people together from all different areas to interact with eachother on a weekly basis. It's a wonderful game, one of my favorite sports. I started for 3 years for the purple and white, felt both atmospheres, new and old. What a great feeling walking out of that lockeroom down the stairs, or the infamous march under the score board in front of 5000 fans a week. There is no greater feeling than winning league championships and having your name thrown everywhere week in and week out. But really thats not what football is about. It's about the brotherhood you form from June till late fall. You learn life long lessons that will never be forgotten. You learn how to cope and deal with all sorts of situations, perseveriance (sp?) is a big one. The Logan football community as a whole has taught me many different things and have been nothing but the bets possible football family anybody could ask for. I will long live the memories I have made as a chieftain and the endless accomplishments that I and my teammates have had through our 3 years under coach Amyx. I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you for your continued support and loss of voices :122245 throughout my few years as a chieftain playing on that gridiron. Thank you chieftain fans!!!

Now you seniors! Let me share some things with you. It is football season, 2adays have started, summer workouts are over, it's your time to shine. Theres no going back, what you did in the off-season is in the past. You have prepared yourself for battle, for war, 10 weeks long and maybe more!!! Everytime you suit up, its one step closer to being the end, most of you will not play college football, for those who do, congratulations! For those who don't, take what I took from the game, knowledge, when Amyx gives you those long speeches, he isn't blowing smoke up your butt, its the god given truth. You will miss the game with every ounce of your body, you will wish you did some things differently, but you can't after the fact. You still have time, push yourself as hard as you possibly can, make your teammates work as hard as they can! Do what Logan football does, just do your thing and you will be great! Most of all, live in it and feast on it! Give everything that god has blessed you with and use it to the best of your ability! I have learned some of the most important values in life from this game and so will you, just let your senior season be the best that it can be because it doesn't last forever. I sit in bed at night thinking of the games, watching film from last season and find myself pondering over the fact that it really is over. I will be a collegiate athlete and I still wish I had one more season on the gridiron to do some things differently. Trust me, you will miss it no matter how much you hate the practices or the heat. Football is an amazing game and we are very blessed to have the ability to play it like we do! What all this sums up to is, be yourself, be competitive, and most of all HAVE FUN!!!
You will be fine and trust me, I will be cheering you guys on, wishing for just one more snap, one more big hit, one more sack, and the list goes on of one more's....Let's go seniors, it's your time to shine!!!

I would just like to thank god for all that he has blessed me with individually and the teammates that he granted me with. There was nothing like Logan on a Friday night and nothing like Ohio High School football, thats for darn sure! Thank you again Logan community, I'll catch you all around!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

highonthehill wrote:I know reading this often that a lot of Logan football players follow this and what we all say. That being said, I would like to share something with them and the rest of the SEOP's community.

Being a graduate of Logan High School and playing football since 4th grade, I'm going to miss it dearly. Football is nothing but a sport, people watch it, cheer for it, and feast on it. Brings people together from all different areas to interact with eachother on a weekly basis. It's a wonderful game, one of my favorite sports. I started for 3 years for the purple and white, felt both atmospheres, new and old. What a great feeling walking out of that lockeroom down the stairs, or the infamous march under the score board in front of 5000 fans a week. There is no greater feeling than winning league championships and having your name thrown everywhere week in and week out. But really thats not what football is about. It's about the brotherhood you form from June till late fall. You learn life long lessons that will never be forgotten. You learn how to cope and deal with all sorts of situations, perseveriance (sp?) is a big one. The Logan football community as a whole has taught me many different things and have been nothing but the bets possible football family anybody could ask for. I will long live the memories I have made as a chieftain and the endless accomplishments that I and my teammates have had through our 3 years under coach Amyx. I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you for your continued support and loss of voices :122245 throughout my few years as a chieftain playing on that gridiron. Thank you chieftain fans!!!

Now you seniors! Let me share some things with you. It is football season, 2adays have started, summer workouts are over, it's your time to shine. Theres no going back, what you did in the off-season is in the past. You have prepared yourself for battle, for war, 10 weeks long and maybe more!!! Everytime you suit up, its one step closer to being the end, most of you will not play college football, for those who do, congratulations! For those who don't, take what I took from the game, knowledge, when Amyx gives you those long speeches, he isn't blowing smoke up your butt, its the god given truth. You will miss the game with every ounce of your body, you will wish you did some things differently, but you can't after the fact. You still have time, push yourself as hard as you possibly can, make your teammates work as hard as they can! Do what Logan football does, just do your thing and you will be great! Most of all, live in it and feast on it! Give everything that god has blessed you with and use it to the best of your ability! I have learned some of the most important values in life from this game and so will you, just let your senior season be the best that it can be because it doesn't last forever. I sit in bed at night thinking of the games, watching film from last season and find myself pondering over the fact that it really is over. I will be a collegiate athlete and I still wish I had one more season on the gridiron to do some things differently. Trust me, you will miss it no matter how much you hate the practices or the heat. Football is an amazing game and we are very blessed to have the ability to play it like we do! What all this sums up to is, be yourself, be competitive, and most of all HAVE FUN!!!
You will be fine and trust me, I will be cheering you guys on, wishing for just one more snap, one more big hit, one more sack, and the list goes on of one more's....Let's go seniors, it's your time to shine!!!

I would just like to thank god for all that he has blessed me with individually and the teammates that he granted me with. There was nothing like Logan on a Friday night and nothing like Ohio High School football, thats for darn sure! Thank you again Logan community, I'll catch you all around!!!

Young man, You have just summed up what every senior has went through after it is all over. I know as a Logan grad that the hole community is thankful for the hard work and dedication you have put in to your team.

You underclassmen and seniors read this and take it to heart. It was written from the heart and if not now then later on you will understand why it was written.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logangrad wrote:Took in the Logan scrimmage today....Angle looked awful and didnt play QB at all......they kept him at DE so I would assume his arm is worse than predicted.....

THANKS NOT SOUNDING GOOD

Speedofsand
Varsity

Post by Speedofsand »

highonthehill, I hope the team reads that. "Win every practice, win every game".

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

The "other" site says that Angle may be moved to TE with McDaniel taking over at QB. That doesn't sound good, and doesn't sound like something they would do if Angle will be at QB anytime soon. Why would they waste time with him at TE if he'll be back at QB in the near future? Does McDaniel have experience at QB? He's a SR, and I know that Angle has played QB as long as I have watched this SR class (5 years). Perhaps they just feel like Pat needs to be on the field no matter what while he's resting his shoulder.

Angle's shoes will be tough to fill if he can't go. I sincerely hope he gets to play QB. He should get to finish his career at that position.

Boy, oh, boy.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

highonthehill wrote:I know reading this often that a lot of Logan football players follow this and what we all say. That being said, I would like to share something with them and the rest of the SEOP's community.

Great post. As a long time fan, I can tell you how much fun we all have watching you all do your thing. Each senior class is special, and that what makes each season fun to watch.

You send a great message and represent LHS and the football program extremely well. Have fun on our side this fall! It won't be easy to make that change!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Boys and girls, you play with what you have. Logan has an excellent group returning, and regardless of who is playing well, this team has potential to be special. Pat will be an excellent player at Receiver, Tight End, Defensive End, Running back, or quarterback. He is a great defensive player in addition to his offensive skills.

More importantly, Mason Mays, Zach McDaniel, Jordan Rutter, Bobby Russell, Ralph Robinson, Michael Snider, and countless others are some of the top players at their position in the SEOAL.

For Pat's sake, I hope he is 100% healthy. If he's not, the Chieftains are still going to be a very good football team! I hope the rest of the league expects this team to fall without Pat. I think that would be a HUGE mistake!

Return to “Football”