107.7 pickem championship comes down to Eastern at Southern

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: 107.7 pickem championship comes down to Eastern at Southern

Post by Heavy D »

Bishtakes wrote:Knock him all you want...I miss all the butchered English language and his ugly face on a water bottle. While three or ten of you hated it, the majority loved it. As for the complaining about the tailgates, it is a part of football. Try it sometimes...you just might like it.

The 107.7 show is great with both Rusty and Jim. Like my mama always said, if you don't like it, turn it off.

Hey I am all for tailgating. Momma knows I love to eat and drink. But that don't mean I want to hear about tailgating on a post game show for an hour between scores. Maybe they should call this show the post game tailgater or something? But until it changes I will take your advise and turn it off. If enough of us do that maybe a change will be made, and the scores will be given more often?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I wasnt knocking him at all Bish. I miss being on that show. I miss the fans and the pizza wars, and the Guys at the Garage, and the 1am calls.....It was a fun 2 yrs

LOGAN GRAD -- Whether you were "knocking him" or not, it came across that way. Frankly, when I read some of your comments, I got the impression that you were throwing Rusty under the BUS and stepping on the gas........

Let's face it, he's a school teacher, a football fan, and not a professional "journalist", so where do you get off on ripping him on his "show".

Guess I've never considered it a professional radio show, Rusty is Rusty, and I appreciate his passion about HS Football, and food, for that matter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

Logangrad wrote:I have told everyone I know to tune in as he has a great personality for the show and all have come back and said he doesn't give enough scores.

That is the feeling in our area too. No one wants to listen cause too much food talk and not enuff scores given. But 101.5 gives the scores, just no post game show.

wizard of oz.
Riding the Bench

Post by wizard of oz. »

I like the trivia and the tailgaters. If you listen you will hear the scores.
How many times does he have to read the scores, every ten minutes is to much.
I think some people just like to b!tch about everything.
maybe the sultan should make the trivia a little easier so some of these slow people could win.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

wizard of oz. wrote:I like the trivia and the tailgaters. If you listen you will hear the scores.
How many times does he have to read the scores, every ten minutes is to much.
I think some people just like to b!tch about everything.
maybe the sultan should make the trivia a little easier so some of these slow people could win.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He gives the scores every 10 to 15 minutes!!!!! He is not going to make everyone happy!! A lot of us really like the Tailgating stuff, and even if he gave the scores every 10 minutes on the lot people would just complain that he gives the scores to much!
To those of you who don't like the show but still seem to be able to tune in every week!!
If you don't like the show head on down to the WSEO/WAIS studio and put on a better show!!!!!!!

ANY TAKERS?????????
Didn't think so!!!

Good luck to all the SEO teams in the playoffs this year!!!!!!! :122245

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

How is every 10 minutes too much? And I can tell you he doesn't give them that often. Some people have lives and can't stayed glued to the radio to listen to some trivia about the NFL or whatever. I thought it was a high school post game show anyway? But if we knew he was going to give the scores at least every 10, or when there is an update we might actually suffer through him talking to his buddies, and having the same people call in every week to tell how much they ate. As for those telling us who want more scores to tune out, I think most of us have made it clear we have. I will tune in early next year to see if he is actually giving scores. If not, I will tune out again. I have heard that there is another station that has an actual high school post game show in the works. Hopefully this will take off, and we will have someone else to listen to.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

It would be nice to be able to get scores after the games. Even a half hour show that just gives scores, and possible playoff updates etc... I have heard that 105.5 is going to extend their game telecasts to do this. That would be great IMO.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Logangrad wrote:Im not really sure anyone was "b!tching" about anything, only offering up opinions and feedback again. Ill just say this and be done with it; I called about 4 weeks ago to talk about Logan because Mr. Sultan was asking people to call in from around here; and was on hold for 20 mins listening to a tailgate story from Trimble. So long that my phone went dead. Not one time was a score given. I then came in the house, plugged my phone in the wall and called back only to be on hold again for 15 mins in the middle of another tailgating story with no scores given so I hung up.

The one time I tuned in went pretty much the same way. We rode in the car from Logan to Pomeroy and heard nary a score. Wasn't there a post game show on the Logan station a few years ago?

L.R. Faires
Waterboy

Post by L.R. Faires »

Great Job Rusty, I and my friends really enjoy your show.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Well then since some of you guys love his show, maybe if he would give the scores A LOT more often he could get all of us to like it?

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

While were at it LR tell your partner to cut out all the oooohhhhs and ahhhhhs and such. Just talk. Matter of fact, if he would let you do more of the talking it would be great. Have him do the stats or something. Just some advice my friend.

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

I probably shouldn't respond but I've been a marine, a coach and a school principal so taking criticism is certainly nothing new for me.

First off, I very much appreciate all of the great support I have gotten from numerous folks from all the different schools.
I learned a long time ago that you certainly can't please everyone. What someone likes, another will not. That is just the way life is. I constantly take opinions and do evaluations of the show and try to do the things that the majority like. That is why I started giving the scores less often because a lot of people said they did not want to hear the same scores over and over. I agreed it was overkill, maybe there is a happy medium somewhere. I had one caller say he puts it on ONN to watch scores with no sound and listens to the radio show.
Most of the feedback I have gotten on the tailgating has been overwhelmingly positive. I feel that the people who put so much effort to bring the community together should be recognized. Go to either dawgpound, the great tailgate at Alex that Bill Elliott and Misty Davis put so much work into or the Bulldog Blitz. Bruce Fouts has been bringing the Glouster community together for years. Sam Kinnison routinely has 30 people at his tailgate and the Lantz's did a wonderful job at Federal Hocking. These people bring supporters of kids together and I personally think it is great that they be recognized for their efforts.
I have always put the onus on talking about the players and I still think that is what the bulk of the show is about. We talk about the players and the people who support them.
Maybe next year I will give the local scores more often. I wonder how many people out there really care that Washington Courthouse beat Miami Trace. As always, the listeners are the boss, I will try to do what people like.
Once again, thanks so much to the people at all the schools who treated us so wonderfully when we visited.

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Rusty. I have submitted two posts to back your show and neither one was posted to the topic. Not sure if a "mod" is watching as I type, but nothing was derogatory, just my opinion. Keep doing what you are doing.

Let's see if this one hits the comments page.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Like I said before not everyone can listen to the whole show. Or even want to. So when you give the scores a lot of people miss them. Then they tune in, after you give them, and don't get to hear them for 20 or 30 minutes. I really don't know how anyone who tunes in would not want to hear scores, especially up dates. Now as for the scores of teams far away, I don't care either. But the local and league teams I do. So I guess all those people that enjoy the cooking show, and like hearing about the food other people eat can keep listening, and all us others will have to try to get a high school football post game show going. Maybe Logan Grad can help us out with that?

Bishtakes
Riding the Bench

Post by Bishtakes »

Or maybe you can turn on a computer to get scores and that will save you a whole bunch of time. And if you have the luxury of a broadband connection, that will save you a whole bunch more time.

I think we can all agree that the scores are given at least 6 times during the show. Probably more, but no less. Can we agree on that? OK...if the show is on 2 to 2 1/2 hours until midnight, that would average scores being given every 20 - 30 minutes. Personally, once I hear them, I don't want to hear them anymore.

Instead of saying you want to start another show or basically calling the 107.7 show a "piece of crap", how about a little constructive criticism. Like, "Hey Rusty, I heard your show last night and how about giving scores more often". He's a big boy and he can handle it.

Keep up the good work and I would hate for these fellers to miss out on some good tailgate food at the Pit Stop on November 14. I might just make a wager and bet that some may drive by to see what they are missing. Can't wait to watch college football and see the scores scroll across the bottom of the screen and eat. HOOOOKA

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

The computer scores are not updated as fast as people calling in with the scores are. And I don't carry a computer in my car so that wont work on the drive home. Matter of fact I did suggest to Rusty face to face that he give the scores more often. I see him every day almost. But I guess you other 10 people told him you don't want to hear them, so he listened to the majority. I even said he should try to get someone from each area school to call in as soon as the game was over with a final score. Of course that would take air time away from you guys talking about chicken wings and who scored the first touchdown at Ohio State after Woody Hayes had astro turf installed. I am not saying his show is crap. Apparently some of you like it just the way it is. Just saying I will have to find some other show to listen to if I want to hear local scores and game details.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

For me, I live to hear people tell it like it is. It is a pain in my "donkey" to even tune in to this show because all they do is talk about pork chops and Bo Schembechler's record at the Miami(OH). Can we just get scores and facts as they apply to our local teams, PLEASE!? :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”