Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

here4fun
Varsity

Re: Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

Post by here4fun »

I think that burg had way to much trouble with minford Valley has smashed team thats beat minford and burg could only score 21 pts on them WAKE UP BURG!!! yes Valley is coming to your feild and after all these years the curse is gone YOU ARE GOING DOWN THIS YEAR!!!! ONLY 21 POINTS GET REAL cant wait until you meet West to they are going to smash you as well and yes all you minford fans yours its coming you guys thought west was tough.....!!!!!!!!

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Here4Fun wrote:I think that burg had way to much trouble with minford Valley has smashed team thats beat minford and burg could only score 21 pts on them WAKE UP BURG!!! yes Valley is coming to your feild and after all these years the curse is gone YOU ARE GOING DOWN THIS YEAR!!!! ONLY 21 POINTS GET REAL cant wait until you meet West to they are going to smash you as well and yes all you minford fans yours its coming you guys thought west was tough.....!!!!!!!!
I think you need to read the sportsmanship thread!! Lol :122245

Mr Basketball 14
Freshman Team

Post by Mr Basketball 14 »

Valley has way to much for Burg this year. Valley has all the weapons. Last year all they had was the running game. If this game was at Valley this would be 21+plus points but since it is at Burg will probably be more like 28-14 Valley. This is the year Valley handles Burg.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

as a fan of both programs I'd say Valley has the edge at the major skill positions, but FB is a team game where coaching, and several other factors can shift or equal out that edge. Burg is at home, where they don't lose often , esp to SOC foes. Burg has that tradition that gets in opponents heads. I don't see a huge talent gap that will led to some huge win for Valley. They have a very well rounded team , but Burg isn't chopped liver. Yes Valley handled West pretty decent but Burg is no West. I don't mean that as a slight to west, I mean Burg is more rounded than west , Burg IMO is better coached than west, and there is still that home field advantage. hopefully it will be a "instant classic" MD

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wink,

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need to lighten up any. I'm as relaxed as can be. Everyone has their hobbies and talking about "x's and o's" of sporting events happens to be something I enjoy. I'm glad that you enjoy games in your way and I respect that. I'm just not into the constant trash talk. You are right, there's only so much that can be said about the two teams. I just like reading others' opinions on the actual games. In fact, that's why I helped get this site going back in it's infancy. I didn't do it for pay, as we received zero compensation. I did it so that people like yourself could come here and discuss topics that interested them.

Again, thanks for the advice on how I should handle myself. My wife said to tell you good luck getting me to take advice. She said something about me being hard headed, but I wasn't really listening very well. :oops: :122246 :lol: :lol:

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

Ok you wanna know what's going to happen! You are going to have two very fine ball clubs line up this Friday night in Wheelersburg Oh. Both are well coached both have a winning tradition. Wheelersburg has a distinct advantage in tradition. Since Ed Miller (the best coach to ever coach in Scioto county history) left Notre Dame an began a new era at Wheelersburg. The Pirates have dominated the SOC. Wheelersburg became a preferred place for football athletes to play (especially the catholic kids). The Miller family is a very fine family with alot of influence in the Scioto co. Catholic Community. Wheelersburg has benefited greatly from the Miller family influence.
Ed Miller is no longer coaching and the influence to the football athlete has lessened!
Valley traditionally a smaller school then WB and without the benefit of community Catholic influence has not typically enjoyed the luxury of having a seeming limitless supply of skilled athletes. This year WB has talent but it it young! Valley has talent and it seasoned! The other thing besides being seasoned is this group of Valley athletes is extremely unselfish! There has been much talk about the talents of Valley's big three Yates, Keller and Dwyer but the thing that has received very little discussion on these blogs is Valleys line. I have never before seen a more dominate line as a whole then this group on both sides of the ball. They are big, smart, quick, seasoned, and nasty! On Both sides of the ball, nasty! They will line up Friday night and punch WB in the mouth. Then line up and punch WB in the mouth. Then line up and punch Wheelersburg in the mouth! They do not give a darn about who gets the credit! They want to Win! They don't give a darn about tradition they want to Win! And to add insult to injury they have the best tight end and defensive end in the county (Hartley) now do you want to talk about the big three? Yates the best QB and safety in the county! Keller according to WNXT's Jim (snuffy) Smith Keller the best back he has seen in his 33yrs of broadcasting! You can tell me after This Friday where you rank him as strong side line backer! ( I believe he is the best in the county) then you have the little man Robbie Dwyer, without a doubt the best WR in the county! And on defense he is lights out! None of these three men have any fear of the WB tradition. Oh darn! I almost forgot the fullback and middle line backer Tyler Rowe! He not scared! He would soon punch you in the mouth as look at you! This Valley Indian team will wake up " The Burg" this Friday night! Yes the Has been "Burg nation" will be stunned! This Valley offense is the offense that coach Rolfe has dreamed of having! West coast wide the heck open! Pick your poison! There is no position WB dominates in this game! Not one! Defensively they fly to the ball! Gang Tackle until the whistle blows! Wheelersburg is well coached but so is Valley! And considering Valley in Dominate on talent! I predict the worst WB defeat since CAPE came to Ed Miller stadium and laid the wood to the Burg when Miller was still there! Darren Crabtree and his coaching staff win big in the Burg 28-7

no offense meant toward the fine WB kids they are going to be tough in the next two years! But this year belongs to Valley! The Indains will represent the county along with the Portsmouth West Siders in2011!

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Jesco White wrote:wink,

Thanks for the advice, but I don't need to lighten up any. I'm as relaxed as can be. Everyone has their hobbies and talking about "x's and o's" of sporting events happens to be something I enjoy. I'm glad that you enjoy games in your way and I respect that. I'm just not into the constant trash talk. You are right, there's only so much that can be said about the two teams. I just like reading others' opinions on the actual games. In fact, that's why I helped get this site going back in it's infancy. I didn't do it for pay, as we received zero compensation. I did it so that people like yourself could come here and discuss topics that interested them.

Again, thanks for the advice on how I should handle myself. My wife said to tell you good luck getting me to take advice. She said something about me being hard headed, but I wasn't really listening very well. :oops: :122246 :lol: :lol:
I hear ya and I understand that you are into the Xs and Os and I, too, respect that but it would be pretty boring on here if that was all there was. I mean this isn't a coaches clinic for goodness sakes.

I think it would be good if everybody just came on here and expressed their thoughts and let "whoever" respond to those as they want.

you say that you aren't into "trash talk" but X and O type things. well, not everybody is into analyzing the games either. i think if you go back through most all these threads you'll find WAY more people who are just expressing who they think will win and who is the best team, who has the nicest uniforms etc., and not necessarily WHY, ie, the Xs and Os of it.

you have made two posts begging (or asking) people to discuss the X and Os or mechanics of the game with you but i haven't seen one post of anybody begging (or asking) other posters to say who they want to win or to say who they think the best coach is or who has the most boys out for the team, etc. (apparently your definition of trash talk). THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING !

all i'm saying is, (when i say "lighten up"), you post the things that you are interested in and let whoever will respond do so and let everybody else post their own thoughts and interests about the game and let whoever wants to respond to that do so..

thanks for helping to invent the site. i'll bet you are a great admirer of al gore, too.... say what ? :)

you might want to tell your wife that there are some REAL grown up men out here that have other interests (or obsessions) besides kids games if she is interested..
(TOTALLY just joking here) :lol:

(i've learned that it isn't a good thing to bring ones wife into conversations here) :mrgreen:

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

idk how religion has anything to do with being a good athlete lol......but anyway luke keller is good but not the best back in the past 33 years IMO

I think the pirates will give valley all they can handle friday night, i kno valley has much more talent but they dont have the tradition the wheelersburg pirates have

Burg-28
Valley-21

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Aloudharley wrote:Ok you wanna know what's going to happen! You are going to have two very fine ball clubs line up this Friday night in Wheelersburg Oh. Both are well coached both have a winning tradition. Wheelersburg has a distinct advantage in tradition. Since Ed Miller (the best coach to ever coach in Scioto county history) left Notre Dame an began a new era at Wheelersburg. The Pirates have dominated the SOC. Wheelersburg became a preferred place for football athletes to play (especially the catholic kids). The Miller family is a very fine family with alot of influence in the Scioto co. Catholic Community. Wheelersburg has benefited greatly from the Miller family influence.
Ed Miller is no longer coaching and the influence to the football athlete has lessened!
Valley traditionally a smaller school then WB and without the benefit of community Catholic influence has not typically enjoyed the luxury of having a seeming limitless supply of skilled athletes. This year WB has talent but it it young! Valley has talent and it seasoned! The other thing besides being seasoned is this group of Valley athletes is extremely unselfish! There has been much talk about the talents of Valley's big three Yates, Keller and Dwyer but the thing that has received very little discussion on these blogs is Valleys line. I have never before seen a more dominate line as a whole then this group on both sides of the ball. They are big, smart, quick, seasoned, and nasty! On Both sides of the ball, nasty! They will line up Friday night and punch WB in the mouth. Then line up and punch WB in the mouth. Then line up and punch Wheelersburg in the mouth! They do not give a darn about who gets the credit! They want to Win! They don't give a darn about tradition they want to Win! And to add insult to injury they have the best tight end and defensive end in the county (Hartley) now do you want to talk about the big three? Yates the best QB and safety in the county! Keller according to WNXT's Jim (snuffy) Smith Keller the best back he has seen in his 33yrs of broadcasting! You can tell me after This Friday where you rank him as strong side line backer! ( I believe he is the best in the county) then you have the little man Robbie Dwyer, without a doubt the best WR in the county! And on defense he is lights out! None of these three men have any fear of the WB tradition. Oh darn! I almost forgot the fullback and middle line backer Tyler Rowe! He not scared! He would soon punch you in the mouth as look at you! This Valley Indian team will wake up " The Burg" this Friday night! Yes the Has been "Burg nation" will be stunned! This Valley offense is the offense that coach Rolfe has dreamed of having! West coast wide the heck open! Pick your poison! There is no position WB dominates in this game! Not one! Defensively they fly to the ball! Gang Tackle until the whistle blows! Wheelersburg is well coached but so is Valley! And considering Valley in Dominate on talent! I predict the worst WB defeat since CAPE came to Ed Miller stadium and laid the wood to the Burg when Miller was still there! Darren Crabtree and his coaching staff win big in the Burg 28-7

no offense meant toward the fine WB kids they are going to be tough in the next two years! But this year belongs to Valley! The Indains will represent the county along with the Portsmouth West Siders in2011!
hey, jesco

now THIS is my impression of TRASH talk. probably the biggest bunch of BS trash talk i've ever seen on here.... and guess what? it's coming from your side of the family !! :lol: :lol:

(ps... and everybody knows that snuffy smith, along with roger, is senile these days.)
Last edited by wink on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wink wrote:

I hear ya and I understand that you are into the Xs and Os and I, too, respect that but it would be pretty boring on here if that was all there was. I mean this isn't a coaches clinic for goodness sakes.

I think it would be good if everybody just came on here and expressed their thoughts and let "whoever" respond to those as they want.

you say that you aren't into "trash talk" but X and O type things. well, not everybody is into analyzing the games either. i think if you go back through most all these threads you'll find WAY more people who are just expressing who they think will win and who is the best team, who has the nicest uniforms etc., and not necessarily WHY, ie, the Xs and Os of it.

you have made two posts begging (or asking) people to discuss the X and Os or mechanics of the game with you but i haven't seen one post of anybody begging (or asking) other posters to say who they want to win or to say who they think the best coach is or who has the most boys out for the team, etc. (apparently your definition of trash talk). THAT SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING !

all i'm saying is, (when i say "lighten up"), you post the things that you are interested in and let whoever will respond do so and let everybody else post their own thoughts and interests about the game and let whoever wants to respond to that do so..

thanks for helping to invent the site. i'll bet you are a great admirer of al gore, too.... say what ? :)

you might want to tell your wife that there are some REAL grown up men out here that have other interests (or obsessions) besides kids games if she is interested..

(i've learned that it isn't a good thing to bring ones wife into conversations here) :mrgreen:
OK

Just in case you are interested, the reason I have asked in multiple posts for folks to discuss the game with me is because I already understand that folks prefer not to discuss such things, as a whole. I never intended to stop folks from discussing other things, only to encourage anyone interested to discuss other things. I'm the last guy who would ever take anything away from anyone, in terms of telling people what they should or shouldn't discuss. I'm sorry if I have somehow rubbed you the wrong way.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Wink,

Unfortunately, "trash talk" doesn't discriminate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Jesco White wrote:
wink wrote:

OK

Just in case you are interested, the reason I have asked in multiple posts for folks to discuss the game with me is because I already understand that folks prefer not to discuss such things, as a whole. I never intended to stop folks from discussing other things, only to encourage anyone interested to discuss other things. I'm the last guy who would ever take anything away from anyone, in terms of telling people what they should or shouldn't discuss. I'm sorry if I have somehow rubbed you the wrong way.
i think you are the one rubbed the wrong way... :)

GO PURPLE

god, what an icky color to put on a football player.
Last edited by wink on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wink,

What gives you that impression? :122245

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

FIDO wrote:I haven't seen the Burg play. How well do they match up with Valley's offense? I understand the Burg will score but do they have the athletes to go man against the spread? Spears can't be everywhere, can he? Would Valley be better off running or throwing? Give me some info, other than my johnson is bigger than yours!!
no, spears can't be everywhere but he will be the best player on the field friday night and he will have ten other YOUNG men with heart right behind him.

keller will be the second best player out there.

yakes is multi-talented but as they say "master of none".
Last edited by wink on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

i dunno. i guess the same thing that gave you the impression.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wink wrote:

I kind of doubt that. I was given the impression by the fact that you initiated this silly back and forth discussion between us. It gave me the impression that you had an issue of sorts with me asking for folks to discuss the game. Did I get the wrong impression?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

FIDO wrote:I haven't seen the Burg play. How well do they match up with Valley's offense? I understand the Burg will score but do they have the athletes to go man against the spread? Spears can't be everywhere, can he? Would Valley be better off running or throwing? Give me some info, other than my johnson is bigger than yours!!
It was difficult to say what the Burg will do in the secondary against Valley, from only having seen them play against Minford. The Falcons offense is much different than Valley's so, it's just tough to say. They appeared to be playing man against the Falcons. I think Valley has a distinct advantage at the line of scrimmage, so establishing the run early should be likely, though I don't know if it will be a top priority or not. I would guess that it will be. The Pirates definitely have some solid athletes in addition to Shears, but I think he definitely has to be accounted for on every snap.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

yes, they have the athletes (all catholic mind you :roll: ) but they don't yet have the size or experience.

valley SHOULD steam roll this bunch of kids but somehow i'm not sure they will but you can bet your bottom dollar that crab won't call off the dogs until the final whistle blows. he has built up a bunch of steam in his gut over the years for the orange and black because every coach that has been up there has beaten him like a red headed step child.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Jesco White wrote:
wink wrote:

I kind of doubt that. I was given the impression by the fact that you initiated this silly back and forth discussion between us. It gave me the impression that you had an issue of sorts with me asking for folks to discuss the game. Did I get the wrong impression?
if by simply asking you to do your thing and let others do theirs is initiating a silly discussion then i guess i did.
sorry.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wink wrote:
if by simply asking you to do your thing and let others do theirs is initiating a silly discussion then i guess i did.
sorry.
Whatever you say boss. ;-) You're forgiven :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Football”