Post by ManitouDan »

now wink , you poo poo stirrer lol MD

wink
JV Team

Re: Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

Post by wink »

ManitouDan wrote:now wink , you poo poo stirrer lol MD
That's honestly the way I see it.

The mud is going to favor the weight over the quickness.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I just went back and watched the 09 Burg-Valley game up at Burg....Seems like most of the kids playing this friday for Valley also played in that game. We'll see what a couple years expierence does.

wink
JV Team

Post by wink »

Is the '08 game available anywhere? Somebody on here said most of them had been starting since they were freshmen.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

chicken_coop wrote:I just went back and watched the 09 Burg-Valley game up at Burg....Seems like most of the kids playing this friday for Valley also played in that game. We'll see what a couple years expierence does.
What Valley games have you watch this year ?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I wouldnt say "most of them" started, but I know a lot of them got some signifigant PT as freshmen.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Here4Fun wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:I just went back and watched the 09 Burg-Valley game up at Burg....Seems like most of the kids playing this friday for Valley also played in that game. We'll see what a couple years expierence does.
Chesapeake - online
West - Live

But im in close enough contact I usually get play by play for the ones im not at.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

chicken_coop wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:
Chesapeake - online
West - Live

But im in close enough contact I usually get play by play for the ones im not at.
Well you need to be here to see this one I think it is one you dont want to miss and by the way are you a colts fan ?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Already have plans in place to be there, and NO on the colts. lol

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

you used to be able to watch last years game on valleys website...idk bout now but many of the starters this year played on last years team if you want to watch a burg/valley game if any

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

The Babe wrote:you used to be able to watch last years game on valleys website...idk bout now but many of the starters this year played on last years team if you want to watch a burg/valley game if any
There was Yates,Keller,Dwyer,Rowe,Hettinger,Crabtree,Hartly and Riehl thats the ones I can think of there may have been more. I think most of them at least play in the burg game some of them started

socchamps1011
Waterboy

Post by socchamps1011 »

also riehl...

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

I know Yates and Keller started regularly crabtree started but had a injury Hartley and Dwyer started on special teams if I recall not sure of anyone else! Yates was WR Keller outside LB Crabtree line! I am talking about freshman year 08!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Does Valley still broadcast their home games live on their web site? I thought those kids did an excellent job on the broadcasts and they even had replays of the big plays, which is something The Zone doesn't do.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Does Valley still broadcast their home games live on their web site? I thought those kids did an excellent job on the broadcasts and they even had replays of the big plays, which is something The Zone doesn't do.
Nope, not enough interest from the kids out there...I think they still have the capability

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

chicken_coop wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Does Valley still broadcast their home games live on their web site? I thought those kids did an excellent job on the broadcasts and they even had replays of the big plays, which is something The Zone doesn't do.
Nope, not enough interest from the kids out there...I think they still have the capability
It's really a shame that they didn't. I know there were some people who really wanted to do it again but just not enough. Everyone loved having that but now it's gone. Also, not sure if this is a factor on why it's not there anymore but the teacher who was over VSN is apart of the Valley School system anymore

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That's a shame Coop. Those kids that were running it a few years back did an excellent job. I was really surprised at how unbiased they were in their commentary. You would expect that kids that age would be really biased toward their own school, but they just announced the game and kept their emotions to themselves. I though that was really cool. I hope they decide to do that once again because I really liked being able to watch the games live here from work whether they were playing the Pirates or not.

ny_buckeyes_07
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes_07 »

Is there going to be a radio broadcast of this online anywhere? Would love to listen to this game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I'm pretty sure that WNXT 99.3 will carry the game on the radio, but usually their web cast is a different game than what's on the radio.

You can try this link. They did the Waverly game on here and I heard they did a pretty good job.

http://football.burgfan.com/football08/LIVE_AUDIO/

If it's not there then try this link and see if you can find the web cast. It should be on there somewhere by around 7:15 or 7:20 if they are going to do another one.

http://www.burgfan.com/

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Closing in on 56 hours til kickoff and it is very wet in the Burg. Looks like we may have ourselves a mud pit on Friday.

I think that would have to favor the Indians because of the downhill running of Keller. I don't think that in any Valley-Burg game in the past 5 years or so would a wet field be an advantage to the Indians, but I think this year is different. I may be wrong, but I think Valley's size advantage upfront will be magnified in a mud bowl.

Return to “Football”