Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

crazymidgets
All Conference

Re: Week 9 (8-0) Lucasville Valley @ (7-1) Wheelersburg

Post by crazymidgets »

i agree wobycat dont want it to come down to turnovers and field position determing the game, valley wants its big dogs to run free.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

chessy is decent. thats still less an opponent than ironton. yes valley has already played west but burg will also..so the talk about burg "not playing anyone" is pretty shallow . Burg plays Ironton every year , thats more than what can be said of any other SOC 1 team. true ?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

ManitouDan wrote:chessy is decent. thats still less an opponent than ironton. yes valley has already played west but burg will also..so the talk about burg "not playing anyone" is pretty shallow . Burg plays Ironton every year , thats more than what can be said of any other SOC 1 team. true ?
That wasnt the topic of discussion....you had stated that Valley has not played anyone besides West, and that was pointed out to not be true. Then you twist it to, well Ironton is better than Chessy and West? Doesnt make sense to me.

Burg has played: Ironton

Valley has played: Chesapeake and West

The fact is, other than Ironton TO DATE, Burg hasnt played anyone GOOD. They have played some average teams to date. Burg HAS NOT played West yet, so TO DATE...Ironton remains the only VERY GOOD team they have played.

Oh, and Valley and Burg are SOC II teams...your Titans are in the SOC I

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

come on friday
The worst team can beat the best team if the stars line up right.
Dont matter who played who its prep and staying with a plan.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I meant to type "Yet" lol get your panties un wadded Mr coop . MD

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I think this is Valley's year. I've been outside watching the stars from here in C-bus in the evenings and they've been lining up and bouncing shock waves right off the high school down there and transmitting signals back via satellite for even outsiders to see. Wow, that's pretty deep, huh ?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:ahh don't start whining when you started the insults ...... MD

I see your friendly personality and overflowing knowledge about football is making you new friends. There is really not much for you to say about strength of scheduling since you referred to Oak Hill and Northwest as........oh yeah....."toughies"!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

FANOSPORTS wrote:I think this is Valley's year. I've been outside watching the stars from here in C-bus in the evenings and they've been lining up and bouncing shock waves right off the high school down there and transmitting signals back via satellite for even outsiders to see. Wow, that's pretty deep, huh ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I will gladly take some of the left handed tobacco that you have been smoking tonight. And, I will leave my tin foil hat at home!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :-D :122245 That said, I agree that this is Valley's year. Let's see how it plays out, live!!!!!!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The weather will help burg. After watching Valley live and a couple burg games on TV, Valley is as good or better in about every position including quarterback, which is probably a push. On a good surface in perfect conditions, Valley is just too talented. But in the mud, you never know.

Alot of this game will come down to Valley's coaching. Keller should be able to run for big yards with the power running game IF valley doesn't panick and go away from the run game if its not working at first. Burg is a big play defense. They are always moving their D-line and playing games with them and the linebackers. But if you stay with the run game you will eventually hit some big plays when they slant out of position.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

"If a dog's gonna bite ya he's gonna bite ya as a pup." - Bobby Bowden
These young Pirates are definately gonna bite as juniors and seniors but are they gonna bite as pups?
Everything has to go just right but I'm still going with the 'Pups' in this one.
Go Burg! :-D

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The Burg soccer game tonight is moved to Jackson.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

4th n Goal wrote:The Burg soccer game tonight is moved to Jackson.
Good news there... 8)

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I hope they moved the game because they did not want them on feild not because of how bad of shape it is already in.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Wheelersburg can really break some hearts here with a win I hope it is a good safe well played game.
Not picking a winner I have only saw the Burg played and that was week one.
So I am sure they have improved a great deal since then but i will root for wheelersburg for the points alone for Ironton.
Go Pirates and may both teams come out healthy

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

This is as good as it gets for Friday night high school football I dont think there could be 2 schools with more on the line in a game than this one

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Here4Fun wrote:I hope they moved the game because they did not want them on feild not because of how bad of shape it is already in.
Probably a little of both, but there is no grass left near either sideline between the 30's and it is really slick and lots of standing water in these areas. I am sure it will dry up some depending on when they turn the sprinklers off :mrgreen:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Does anybody have accurate up to date stats on Keller, Yates and Dwyer? I'm assuming that Keller is already over 1,000 yards rushing and Yates is possibly over 1,000 yards passing, but I don't have the actual totals.

Aloudharley
Riding the Bench

Post by Aloudharley »

Jesco White wrote:Does anybody have accurate up to date stats on Keller, Yates and Dwyer? I'm assuming that Keller is already over 1,000 yards rushing and Yates is possibly over 1,000 yards passing, but I don't have the actual totals.
I have Keller @ 1027 yds on 105 carries
450 yds receiving on 20 catches
I have no totals on return yards.

1477 yards total yards on 125 touches

11.8 yards a touch

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Aloudharley wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Does anybody have accurate up to date stats on Keller, Yates and Dwyer? I'm assuming that Keller is already over 1,000 yards rushing and Yates is possibly over 1,000 yards passing, but I don't have the actual totals.
I have Keller @ 1027 yds on 105 carries
450 yds receiving on 20 catches
I have no totals on return yards.

1477 yards total yards on 125 touches

11.8 yards a touch
Thank you very much!!

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

Is What It IS wrote:I agree with Fido. BURG is still defending SOC Champs

To be the champion, you've got to beat the champion