Ironton Football 2009

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton Football 2009

Post by ItownBrowns »

While I could'nt agree more that the blocking and tackling needs to improve I can think of a few other deficiences Ironton needs to improve upon. This year I would love to see a more disciplined team with better leadership on the field. I would also like to see a tougher, more physical team with better execution. These have been trademarks of the Ironton program for many years and have been somewhat lacking recently.
This should be an exciting year for Ironton football. I fully expect coach Lutz to reach the unbelievable milestone of most wins in Ohio football history. Ironton also has a very competitive schedule with some sure to be great games. I also expect by seasons end for Ironton to be in the thick of the playoff race. Depending on how they progress and injuries and such, I expect them to possibly make a run come November. Here's to great season and I cant wait to watch some football. Go Tigers!

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

cant stop this wrote:Physical Fitness is monday morning at 7, were the pool used to be i believe.

I ment to say the 23rd not monday

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

seems like i have always heard that if you don't participate in 7 on 7 drills, you are allowed to start earlier. is there any truth to this rumor.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

victor creed wrote:seems like i have always heard that if you don't participate in 7 on 7 drills, you are allowed to start earlier. is there any truth to this rumor.

I don't know, I would like to know the rules on this myself. It seems like it would be the fair thing to do since not all teams run a passing Offense.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I heard Keith Wetzel had a great showing at the Kent State Football camp and was invited to attend another camp which is by invitation only, anyone else here about this? Keith was telling my son in law about it but my son in law didn't remember the name of the other camp he was invited to.

itownpaw1
Waterboy

Post by itownpaw1 »

His sister is one of my cheerleaders... I will be sure to ask her. The Wetzel kids sure are talented.

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

First day of physical fitness - total of 41 show up for first day, alot of good size on most of this group

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

41 is not a bad number, wish it were more though. Btw, does that include the boys that might be playing in the baseball senior league state tournament? I don't know for sure how many may be on that team but it may account for a few more bodies. Either way, can't wait to watch some football.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

victor creed wrote:seems like i have always heard that if you don't participate in 7 on 7 drills, you are allowed to start earlier. is there any truth to this rumor.

7 on 7 count towards the alloted days a coach can spend coaching before aug. 3. Thats why a lot of times a team will go to a 7 on 7 and there will be no coaches there.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

ItownBrowns wrote:41 is not a bad number, wish it were more though. Btw, does that include the boys that might be playing in the baseball senior league state tournament? I don't know for sure how many may be on that team but it may account for a few more bodies. Either way, can't wait to watch some football.

I think there are 3 guys on the senior league team that are football players. Tommy Waginger, Howie Lucas and Tres Wilkes.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Does that include the 9th grade?

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

I'm guessing but since the 9th doesn't practice with the rest of the team I'd say that the 41 are the upper three grades.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I agree pleasanttiger, I have never known the 9th graders to do pt with the varsity team. I suppose that could have changed though. I don't know what kind of talent is on that freshman team but their scores have been impressive through the years and I've heard good things. There have'nt been many freshman dress with the varsity much less make a large contribution but you never know. Would be nice to have some talented enough to consider the promotion. That typically does'nt happen though untill the freshman have played at least a few games. Then they may get the opportunity to prove themselves at the jv level. I hope these boys realize that games are won just as much in the summer as they are during the season.

cant stop this
All State

Post by cant stop this »

There was just one freshman there this morning, and their is a fourth player on that team not mentioned it is Tyler Kratzenberg so four are on the senior leauge team.

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

oh yeah. forgot about T-Kratz. Sorry.

callmespidy
Waterboy

Post by callmespidy »

The camp that keith was going to go to but the expenses were to high, it was in orlando,fl. It was a camp like the FBU camp but was more about competition to get invited to the high school all american game in texas.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

callmespidy wrote:The camp that keith was going to go to but the expenses were to high, it was in orlando,fl. It was a camp like the FBU camp but was more about competition to get invited to the high school all american game in texas.

Thanks for the info, I heard Keith did really well at the Kent State Camp. I look for him to have a big year, you can tell he's worked really hard preparing for this season.

tigermama
Varsity

Post by tigermama »

I believe you will see a well disciplined team this year. They looked good at practice yesterday. :mrgreen:

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

tigermama wrote:I believe you will see a well disciplined team this year. They looked good at practice yesterday. :mrgreen:

yes they did.........

Return to “Football”