Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

I think it is a fair statement to say Wheelersburg is a young team and their record is better than some thought it might be at this point in the season. In short, the Pirates are stepping it up and getting the most out of their kids. On the other hand I think it is also a fair statement to say that Northwest has under achieved and it is not out of the question for this team to have been undefeated at this point in the season. So what's it gonna be Friday night? What will be the deciding factor when the final seconds tick off the clock? In short, the Wheelersburg Pirates do not have a "star player" among them, however, they are a well coached disciplined football team comprised of kids that come from a tradition of excellence on the gridiron. Burg does not rebuild, they reload! Like to see the Mohawks hold them to less than 30 points and put a few scores on the board themselves and at least be competitive Friday night.

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Post by Slew72 »

Northwest......finally

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:I think it is a fair statement to say Wheelersburg is a young team and their record is better than some thought it might be at this point in the season. In short, the Pirates are stepping it up and getting the most out of their kids. On the other hand I think it is also a fair statement to say that Northwest has under achieved and it is not out of the question for this team to have been undefeated at this point in the season. So what's it gonna be Friday night? What will be the deciding factor when the final seconds tick off the clock? In short, the Wheelersburg Pirates do not have a "star player" among them, however, they are a well coached disciplined football team comprised of kids that come from a tradition of excellence on the gridiron. Burg does not rebuild, they reload! Like to see the Mohawks hold them to less than 30 points and put a few scores on the board themselves and at least be competitive Friday night.

Based on your post, I don't think you have seen the Burg this season. The Pirates most certainly do have a star player in quarterback Alex Shears. I have seen film on him, but watching him in person Friday night he is the real deal. Solid arm, great feet, and a good feel for the game.

This won't be a normal Burg-NW game, but Burg still wins with ease. 35-13

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

this will be a close one......as compared to Usane Bolt in the 100m against me
Burg by a good bit

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

Kenraken Ahta, "underachieved"??? Are you serious? How long have you been following Northwest football? A 3-2 start is one of the best starts they have had in a long time. Name me a better start in the last 10 years.

If you are referring to them having a lead in both of the games they lost - then okay - maybe it's disappointing but certainly not an underachievement. I'm not sure how people perceive a program to go from 1-8, 4-6, to undefeated, especially if you look at the track record. When was the last winning season?

The Symmes Valley game was simply a matter of the Vikings imposing their size. Northwest played well the first half, leading 10-0 - but looked sluggish the second half - in my opinion because they had 275+ lbs of linemen leaning on them all night. I don't think they underachieved - looking at the matchups, that's about how that game should have gone.

I think they have a legitimate shot Friday night - we'll see. However, in 2011 Northwest goes 1-2 this year against SOC I schools and usually can't compete against the SOC II (save for Waverly last year). This only strengthens the argument for them getting out of the SOC and search for a more competitive conference.

I don't care about the number of kids - that's a weak argument. They have 187 boys according to OHSAA - on the website they have 40 football kids that about 20% of them and 21 are underclassmen- that's the real problem. If anyone truly cared about Northwest they would campaign for them to get out of SOC II and play a more competitive schedule. Not a cop out just a statement of fact.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Slew72 wrote:Northwest......finally
As much as i would like to see this happen I just don't see it happening this week.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

UPNYA4 wrote:
Slew72 wrote:Northwest......finally

:lol: :lol: Wishful thinking!!! I kinda like that! I know the Brown kid won’t beat the Burg....so who else NW got?
As far as pure football talent nobody, as far as speed he may be the 3'rd or 4'th fastest on the team...from what I have seen they have some kids if they can break away there is nobody that can catch them...#7 carson seaman is one of them (small but tough as nails and a great strider) #4 Micah Campbell (a young sophomore, but very elusive) and #12 Taylor hamilton (from what I have seen the kid just hits another level of quickness especially off the edge)

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Burg

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

This game will be closer than ppl think....Burg is still Burg..but Nw is alot better than they get credit for... I think if they contain the shears kid they win in a close one.. if they dont it will be a long long night.....Good luck to both Schools....

Eye Lander
Waterboy

Post by Eye Lander »

The Mohawks dream season is over they get smashed bad in this one. They will be fighting it out with Waverly for the bottom spot in the SOC II.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

burg but not by alot because they don't really care about piling it on a extremely overmatched NW . They will show up, win by 10-20 and go get ready for next week.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Mohawks give the Pirates all the game they want for 1 quarter, maybe 1 1/2 quarters, but then it's all Wheelersburg all night.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

The Ripper wrote:Kenraken Ahta, "underachieved"??? Are you serious? How long have you been following Northwest football? A 3-2 start is one of the best starts they have had in a long time. Name me a better start in the last 10 years.

If you are referring to them having a lead in both of the games they lost - then okay - maybe it's disappointing but certainly not an underachievement. I'm not sure how people perceive a program to go from 1-8, 4-6, to undefeated, especially if you look at the track record. When was the last winning season?

The Symmes Valley game was simply a matter of the Vikings imposing their size. Northwest played well the first half, leading 10-0 - but looked sluggish the second half - in my opinion because they had 275+ lbs of linemen leaning on them all night. I don't think they underachieved - looking at the matchups, that's about how that game should have gone.

I think they have a legitimate shot Friday night - we'll see. However, in 2011 Northwest goes 1-2 this year against SOC I schools and usually can't compete against the SOC II (save for Waverly last year). This only strengthens the argument for them getting out of the SOC and search for a more competitive conference.

I don't care about the number of kids - that's a weak argument. They have 187 boys according to OHSAA - on the website they have 40 football kids that about 20% of them and 21 are underclassmen- that's the real problem. If anyone truly cared about Northwest they would campaign for them to get out of SOC II and play a more competitive schedule. Not a cop out just a statement of fact.

I believe this team is good enough to be 5-0 not 3-2. So that is my point for the "underachieved" comment. I guess we will have to wait five more weeks to see what this team is made of "underachievers" "overachievers" or just Northwest football business as usual.

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

Kenraken Ahta, I agree - this team could very easily be 5-0 if they had a bounce here - interception there. I think Symmes Valley fumbled 4 or 5 times last Friday but recovered them all.

Let's get behind the boys and the staff and beat Wheelersburg for the first time since (I think) the 70s!

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

Back in the day Northwest has, at on time or another, beaten all the other SOC II schools except for Wheelersburg. This year is as good as any to finally beat da Burg!! At least people are talking about the possibility. Stranger things have happened!!!!!

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Slew72 wrote:Back in the day Northwest has, at on time or another, beaten all the other SOC II schools except for Wheelersburg. This year is as good as any to finally beat da Burg!! At least people are talking about the possibility. Stranger things have happened!!!!!
Now im no historian but didn't Northwest beat Burg 68 I believe, at least im pretty sure they did

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

IF the Mohawks can play hard for 4 quarters like they did against Symmes Valley I think we got a game here !

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Reading this thread leads me to my next point........

KIDS JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!!!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

For the Mohawks to win Friday night it will take an outstanding effort from the defense..Defense..DEfense..DEFense..DEFEnse..DEFENse..DEFENSe..DEFENSE!!

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

SPAMONY wrote:Reading this thread leads me to my next point........

KIDS JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS!!!!!!!!
LMAO....... There's only one way to shut-up the non-believers, prove it on the field.

Return to “Football”