Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Ripper wrote:Kenraken Ahta, I agree - this team could very easily be 5-0 if they had a bounce here - interception there. I think Symmes Valley fumbled 4 or 5 times last Friday but recovered them all.

Let's get behind the boys and the staff and beat Wheelersburg for the first time since (I think) the 70s!

I have lived in Wheelersburg since 1971 and they haven't beaten the Burg since then. I really don't see them doing it this year either.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Seriously how loaded do have to be for this equasion to make sense?

Lose east + lose to symmes valley = Beat the BURG!!!

KIDS JUST SAY NO!!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Wheelersburg will win this game going away...I'll say by 3-4 TD's. However, I think Brown and the Northwest ground game will have some success and put some points on the board. Good luck to both teams. It seems like coach Fry has the Northwest program headed in the right direction.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

SPAMONY wrote:Seriously how loaded do have to be for this equasion to make sense?

KIDS JUST SAY NO!!!!
Explaining your joke means it wasn't funny the first time, it's equation btw.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

all-time athlete wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:Seriously how loaded do have to be for this equasion to make sense?

KIDS JUST SAY NO!!!!
Explaining your joke means it wasn't funny the first time, it's equation btw.

watchnfootball
Waterboy

Post by watchnfootball »

per Burgfan.com.. Northwest has 8 wins against the pirates. However,not sure when these occured. Burg's record vs S.O.C. opponents.

Burg/west Burg 33-19-2

Burg/Waverly Burg 33-17

Burg/N'west Burg 43-8

Burg/Minford Burg 49-6

Burg/Valley Burg 33-2

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

The Burg and they continue to get better.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Crab's brother wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:I think it is a fair statement to say Wheelersburg is a young team and their record is better than some thought it might be at this point in the season. In short, the Pirates are stepping it up and getting the most out of their kids. On the other hand I think it is also a fair statement to say that Northwest has under achieved and it is not out of the question for this team to have been undefeated at this point in the season. So what's it gonna be Friday night? What will be the deciding factor when the final seconds tick off the clock? In short, the Wheelersburg Pirates do not have a "star player" among them, however, they are a well coached disciplined football team comprised of kids that come from a tradition of excellence on the gridiron. Burg does not rebuild, they reload! Like to see the Mohawks hold them to less than 30 points and put a few scores on the board themselves and at least be competitive Friday night.

Based on your post, I don't think you have seen the Burg this season. The Pirates most certainly do have a star player in quarterback Alex Shears. I have seen film on him, but watching him in person Friday night he is the real deal. Solid arm, great feet, and a good feel for the game.

This won't be a normal Burg-NW game, but Burg still wins with ease. 35-13

I had heard he was the best player they have this year, but did not know he is that good. Looking forward to seeing him play Friday night. Should be a really fun game to watch with Brown and Shears providing some exiting football!

By the way, I'm rooting for your Indians this year! I hope you win the conference and become the first team to hold both SOC-I and SOC-II championships! Quite a story...make it happen!

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

FIDO wrote:Burg is always good. Even a down Burg is better than the vast majority of local teams. Those who are believing the Burg can't win out are kidding yourself. Prove me wrong on the field and not on a chat board. I'm not buying the BS!!
I would say that is an unwritten law that you WILL be in the weight room in the off season in the Wheelersburg program. It's just about attitude and work ethic. I'm sure there are some Mohawks that dedicate alot of off-season time to weights and getting stronger and quicker (Luke Brown for instance) but it has to be everybody with that work ethic and that dedication to becoming a better football player and a better team (coaches included).

I think tomorrow night two very good football players will square off and the one with the better supporting cast (players & coaches) will get the win.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
The Ripper wrote:Kenraken Ahta, I agree - this team could very easily be 5-0 if they had a bounce here - interception there. I think Symmes Valley fumbled 4 or 5 times last Friday but recovered them all.

Let's get behind the boys and the staff and beat Wheelersburg for the first time since (I think) the 70s!

I have lived in Wheelersburg since 1971 and they haven't beaten the Burg since then. I really don't see them doing it this year either.
You missed out on Northwest's 1970 victory over the Pirates by one season. The Mohawks finished that season at 6-2-1 overall and 4-2-1 in the SOC, good enough for 3rd place in the then 8-team SOC (West, Notre Dame, Wheelersburg, Valley, Northwest, Minford, East and New Boston...1970 was the first year after Waverly vacated the SOC for the SEOAL for a short while).

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

unless the mohawks can pull upset of monumental proportions then the burg will be leaving NW with their 41st straight win in this series

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Looks like it could a dreary and rainy night for football.

GO Blue 54
Waterboy

Post by GO Blue 54 »

Luke Brown doesnt do a whole lot on the off season.. he is just naturally gifted..he benched 410 and squat and deadlift around 600...If he worked out like he should have it would have been scary to see what he could do..

The Babe
Waterboy

Post by The Babe »

he benched 410? woah i doubt that unless i saw it in person....i kno hes strong but my goodness

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

UPNYA4 wrote:I tell ya this much, if the UPSET somehow does happen....you will have thought NW won the STATE TITLE afterwards!!
and your point is??????????????

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

UPNYA4 wrote:uhhh....Point is that it’s NOT!!
cause I was gonna say I'm pretty sure West & Northwest have won the same number of state titles in football....0

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

UPNYA4 wrote:I tell ya this much, if the UPSET somehow does happen....you will have thought NW won the STATE TITLE afterwards!!
perhaps but it wouldn't be as bad as the slew of comments that would come in from (some) posters saying how northwest used every which way to cheat in order to win...but this is all hypothetical

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

UPNYA4 wrote:LOL...true

But, boy we sure know what it feels like to be there though :122249
Don’t get me wrong, I would be tickled if NW pulls it off!!
I think that's the point of these forums, get a little excitement about football. The current team sure has some excitement out in Mohawk land. This year is probably the best chance NW has had in a long time to at least be competive.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Slew72 wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:uhhh....Point is that it’s NOT!!
cause I was gonna say I'm pretty sure West & Northwest have won the same number of state titles in football....0
Maybe the same amount of state titles but no where close to the same number of SOC titles

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Interesting statistics.

Burg is 191-52-2 vs. SOC opponents.
That is a winning percentage of 78.
Losing percentage is .22 (the 2 ties do not affect the data with <.01%)

Burg has 28 SOC titles.

Happy homecoming NW!

All kidding aside, good luck to both teams and let's hope this is a great game.

Burg 34-14

Return to “Football”