Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Week 6-Wheelersburg @ Northwest

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Turnovers could tell the tale this evening. If the Pirates can throw the ball effectively in this weather, it could be a long night for the home team. If this Mohawk team has a great four quarters of defense in it, they need to bring it tonight. It's time for SCO-II play! Let's go to the game!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg up 34-0 to start the 4th qtr. :122246

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I wasn't about to drink the coolaid. NW is still NW

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

noles_fan wrote:
Slew72 wrote:
UPNYA4 wrote:uhhh....Point is that it’s NOT!!
cause I was gonna say I'm pretty sure West & Northwest have won the same number of state titles in football....0
Maybe the same amount of state titles but no where close to the same number of SOC titles

And both combined don't have anywhere near as many as the Pirates have. :mrgreen:

I was really surprised by this game. I had been reading all this hype about much better the Mohawks were this season and how they would give the Burg a game, but it was the same old, same old. 27-0 at the half and the game was decided by then. NW only got in Burg territory once the entire first half and that was on a broken play where the QB scrambled and hit a receiver that got behind the defense and then they fumbled the ball away right after that. They didn't score until the 4th quarter with the Burg JV's in on defense.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations to both teams on a very hard fought game. Both teams fought their hearts out the whole game in the mud.

One team always has to lose but that shouldn't take away from the heart they put into the game.

Good luck to both teams next week.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

BigOrangeOne wrote:Congratulations to both teams on a very hard fought game. Both teams fought their hearts out the whole game in the mud.

One team always has to lose but that shouldn't take away from the heart they put into the game.

Good luck to both teams next week.
Very Nice of you- Go Burg :122249

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

Congratulations to the Pirates on the win! Small in stature but big on the game of football! Good luck the rest of the way! Mohawks just lack discipline and focus. Really impressed with the Sifford kid at QB for the Mohawks. Made a great pump fake and completed a 66 yard pass to put the Mohawks in the red zone, only to have the ball fumbled away a couple plays later. I still maintain this is one of the most talented teams that NW has fielded in recent years, the dedication and motivation is just not there and that's not any short fall of the kids. It is what it is. Again, hats off to the Wheelersburg Pirates! Played a great game with a young squad and you should be proud of this season!

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

Kenraken Ahta wrote:Congratulations to the Pirates on the win! Small in stature but big on the game of football! Good luck the rest of the way! Mohawks just lack discipline and focus. Really impressed with the Sifford kid at QB for the Mohawks. Made a great pump fake and completed a 66 yard pass to put the Mohawks in the red zone, only to have the ball fumbled away a couple plays later. I still maintain this is one of the most talented teams that NW has fielded in recent years, the dedication and motivation is just not there and that's not any short fall of the kids. It is what it is. Again, hats off to the Wheelersburg Pirates! Played a great game with a young squad and you should be proud of this season!

So if the dedication and motivaton is "just not there", who is to blame? Oh, let me guess, the coaching staff again for the 50th year in a row.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

winchell wrote:
Kenraken Ahta wrote:Congratulations to the Pirates on the win! Small in stature but big on the game of football! Good luck the rest of the way! Mohawks just lack discipline and focus. Really impressed with the Sifford kid at QB for the Mohawks. Made a great pump fake and completed a 66 yard pass to put the Mohawks in the red zone, only to have the ball fumbled away a couple plays later. I still maintain this is one of the most talented teams that NW has fielded in recent years, the dedication and motivation is just not there and that's not any short fall of the kids. It is what it is. Again, hats off to the Wheelersburg Pirates! Played a great game with a young squad and you should be proud of this season!

So if the dedication and motivaton is "just not there", who is to blame? Oh, let me guess, the coaching staff again for the 50th year in a row.
You know, I honestly do not know. There have been some good coaches with proven track records come through NW and could not turn it around. Like I said, it is what it is.

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

Not sure there is an answer to why they have so much trouble competing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Slew72 wrote:Not sure there is an answer to why they have so much trouble competing.
I think the problems start well before high school. There is just not that much involvement and pride. Not something that can be fixed overnight with a new coach. Add to it the fact their district is 1/4 the size of Scioto County, which adds to issues getting kids back and forth for sports on all levels, it doesnt help. They always have several athletic kids and big kids, but they just cant seem to put it together.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

From what I've heard from a former Head Coach the problem is that the school board wants to have their hands in decisions on the field instead of letting a coach do his job. Until they step back and stop worrying about making sure their kids and their buddies kids they will not ever be able to turn anything around PERIOD!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

noles_fan wrote:From what I've heard from a former Head Coach the problem is that the school board wants to have their hands in decisions on the field instead of letting a coach do his job. Until they step back and stop worrying about making sure their kids and their buddies kids they will not ever be able to turn anything around PERIOD!!!

Then let their kids and friend's kids play and keep taking beatings. They are to the point that no good football coach would consider going there in the first place. I have also heard the same thing.

The players parents and others that want to see the program go forward should vote in new school board members.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Or maybe the reason is they are told on a regular basis by other schools and their own school both children and adults how bad they are. And believe it or not these are children and they have grown up being told they are going to lose and it's hard to get around that when you're 14-18 years old. And it doesn't help that mommies and daddies can't stand that their kid is on a losing team so they pull their child out of school so they can go be a sports superstar at another school or wont let their kid play because they will be embarrassed.

Return to “Football”