How about a Trojan Chariot for Portsmouth?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Re: How about a Trojan Chariot for Portsmouth?

Post by WitnessProtection »

That would be cool!!!
Chariot with two white horses.
Have the Trojan deliver the game ball to the refs.
Also have him lead the team out on the field!
That's great idea and would be a lot of fun for the fans and players.
And I don't even live in Portsmouth.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Personally I would like to see someone take the role of Captain Trojan, and ride the white horse across the field like the late Steve Hunter did when he was Captain Trojan. I think that was a really nice touch, and was a great idea that Steve came up with.

I think it would be a great to bring that back to add to the new stadium, to honor Steve's memory. (maybe in the memory of Steve and other Trojans lost recently we could do this and let the horse make one pass down the field without a rider.)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i like all the ideas, wished the tigers did something similiar, not a live tiger maybe.

but a pressbox roar, on a big play, tailgating again, how bout butts in the seats for pete's sake.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Yeah I'd really like to see schools get a little more involved with mascots.

Barry_tygrz
Waterboy

Post by Barry_tygrz »

Tobias wrote:
Great idea...

http://www.stevenshopefund.org/

Looked all around the site and could not find the answer, what happened to Steve?

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

anyone wanna chime in and agree or disagree with this, what in the sam heck happened to the bands???? they are horrible, especially at the smaller school level

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Great idea Tobias! I would really like to see ironton/Portsmouth play a throwback game. One where both teams would wear old Spartan/Tanks jerseys. I know they would be expensive to do it only one game, but maybe they could raffle the jerseys off after the game or uction them off? Maybe area businesses would sponsor some jerseys? Wouldnt that be a neat consept?

I was in Portsmouth, eatting the best Ribeye in a 300 mile radius, last week. the new facility is going to be top notch! Congratulations to PHS for more great facilities.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

is that at the ribber?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I like the idea of the chariot at Portsmouth games. That would be really cool. Maybe they could get Biggdowgg and Ozzie to follow it across the field with a shovel and a scooper to pick up anything left behind by the horses. lol

I wish the Burg would do the Pirate mascot more often than they do. It seems like they only get someone to dress up as a Pirate for the big games like Ironton and Portsmouth and then they raise him up behind the visiting crowd. I think they should do it for every home game. It would also be really cool to see a scaled down version of a pirate ship built in one of the corners of the stadium.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I like the idea of the chariot at Portsmouth games. That would be really cool. Maybe they could get Biggdowgg and Ozzie to follow it across the field with a shovel and a scooper to pick up anything left behind by the horses. lol

I wish the Burg would do the Pirate mascot more often than they do. It seems like they only get someone to dress up as a Pirate for the big games like Ironton and Portsmouth and then they raise him up behind the visiting crowd. I think they should do it for every home game. It would also be really cool to see a scaled down version of a pirate ship built in one of the corners of the stadium.

And fire the cannon from it!

BTW the ribber sucks!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

how bout 1 big horse with a bunch of greeks inside????? :lol:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

naww we will roll it into the gates off troy next fall :122245

Return to “Football”