Fairland Stadium

Ump
Freshman Team

Fairland Stadium

Post by Ump »

I heard FHS was getting field turf. Any truth to the rumor? Sure would be a nice improvement at Dragon Stadium. I know a few tax levies have failed concerning athletic facilities. Maybe one step at I time will get the stadium back into shape.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Re: Fairland Stadium

Post by OVCfan32 »

fairland really needs new stands, if they could just find a place for the junior leagues to play there is no need for turf really, but who am i to guess at where our tax dollars would best be spent,
hire coach rice from chesapeake, the man is a grass god

earp
S

Post by earp »

Home side is being revamped right now!All aluminum bleachers have been put up"Including the main stadium" on all of the home side and one of the equipment buildings has been converted into new bathrooms!Visitors side bleachers and track resurfacing are planned for early next year,Havent heard anything about turf though!

earp
S

Post by earp »

A far as the field it is much better!Tru Lawn came and treated it thursday night! ;-) Field is not perfect yet but it is much better! :mrgreen:

The Truth
Waterboy

Post by The Truth »

finally an ad who cares

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

Did they tear out the old concrete home bleachers? Sounds like things are finally going right in Pville. Get the community back into it and wins will follow. Good luck Dragons

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

to be honest, i really think fairlands home stands will stand for some time, from an engineering pov, they look more solid than the ones at south point, now the aluminum bleachers should be aligned with the concrete stands to be able to walk across on all levels, it would be quite simple and they could even then take the aluminum stands they have and use on the away side for a year until new away bleachers are built. . . .guys its a lot easier to just take your time and revamp a site, don't have to build a new one in one fell stroke and forget your roots (cough cough portsmouth) getting rid of the best facility in ohio

earp
S

Post by earp »

No it is still the same stadium Ump but it looks totally different!And OVC fan you are right,It is structurally very sound!I have been underneath that stadium and the cinder blocks under there look like new!And they have been there since 1966,They are older than me!It is just overall looking alot better!Visitors stands go up next year sometime is my understanding!

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

well i hope the field holds up till atleast week 5. :122249

earp
S

Post by earp »

No worries on the field,We have a very good grass field!Just ignore the visitors side bleachers they are not so good! :lol: Word is they get replaced after the 1st of the year though!

coachb
Freshman Team

Post by coachb »

Has any thing been done in the locker rooms. I know a few years back STAFF infection was a problem and the visitor's locker room was a wreck. No urinals or running water or nothing. I know you dont want to let the visitors get too comfortable but a little hospitality is always good. I was from Fairland at one time and was ashame to see the condition of the facilities. My tax dollars still go to Fairland. I hope things keep improving and good luck.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

my mom will cause a scene if the visitors bleechers are bad. she can get violent. better get them fixed if you know whats good for you. :122245

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Just depends on how many fans come down from Trimble, or how fast you get to the seats. . . :122249

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

Here is a link to an article in today's Ironton Tribune about the changes at Fairland's stadium: http://www.irontontribune.com/news/2009 ... -upgrades/

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Where and when are Fairland scrimmages?

earp
S

Post by earp »

August 15th at Lucasville Valley 10am and the OVC previews on aug 21st 6pm!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Return to “Football”