Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

fasteach
Varsity

Re: Meigs @ Coal Grove - week one

Post by fasteach »

do not know who will win but thank god this is in the first week! the schedule will be easier from here. i have heard lots about cg they should be the team to beat in the ovc. big test for meigs if we do well the play-offs should be there.
is this enough for the kids to worry about? :122248

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

I think this will be a fun game to watch. Alot of TD's., Meigs D very young but quick.
Smith will have at least 3 TD's Well will pass for a couple.

Meigs 42
Coal 35

gobucks85
Waterboy

Post by gobucks85 »

Im takin Meigs in a high scoring game. It will be close 40 34

On Meigs sitting on the away side... Its bc Meigs brings more fans than The stadium can handle.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

fasteach, dont get ahead of yourself...there are 9 other games after this one...lets just focus one week at a time and worry about that later

that being said, I'm sticking with Meigs, they have an great passing game (including meigs passing record holder, Jacob Well) which is highly unusal for schools around here.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Jacob Well is a great QB. Don't get me wrong but what record(s) does he hold. I wasn't aware that he held any, please enlighten me. He may break several by year's end I wasn't aware he had broken any records. Meigs has had some great QB's in the past. Jacob definitely has a lot of ability.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

just saying that this game will ,with the possible exception of nelsonville, be their toughest. if they get by great! if they do not do not read anything into it. coal grove is supposed to be the class of the ovc. they will be ready. they want what meigs had last year. knowing chancey he has the kids ready to play.

patsfan03
Waterboy

Post by patsfan03 »

I think meigs will take it but it should be very close. Both teams are very talented.

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

meigs by 2tds

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Re:

Post by KnowIt2 »

rainman wrote:Jacob Well is a great QB. Don't get me wrong but what record(s) does he hold. I wasn't aware that he held any, please enlighten me. He may break several by year's end I wasn't aware he had broken any records. Meigs has had some great QB's in the past. Jacob definitely has a lot of ability.

Last year, he shattered the single season passing yard record by about 500 yards...

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i hope this game is a great one i do hope the hornets pull it out a win as im a hornet. i have seen different things from are team so far. to me we had a good start against ironton but like we fell apart some after a turnover. looked great in the first scrimage and great against fairland. hope we come out and play 4quarters. to the meigs fans hope you like are field and we welcome you in.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

GOOD LUCK Meigs

From BUCKEYE LAND

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good Luck Meigs from Rocket land. :mrgreen:

gobucks85
Waterboy

Post by gobucks85 »

Well broke the season record once held i think but J Phalin. Smith also ran for over 1,000 yds also last season if im correct. Pretty good on the O side of the ball.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Great game, the Grove should some weaknesses but overall a good showing, I really think we had Meigs guessing with our offense, I am not ready to call it but I believe we have a passing game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Both teams moved the ball at will, CG went for the 2pt conv all game so that was the difference. Meigs QB had one heck of an arm and was able to throw all over the place. The CG run game via Haynes, Delawder and Webb was unstoppable, and yes the 5 wide sets mixed with the power run game keeps the D on it's heals.
Last edited by vladimir on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

44-42 the Grove

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't know about you guys, but I'm loving our new offensive looks!!! Kudos to the coaching staff for diversifying!!! Defensively. . . well that might be another story, but that might be the most explosive offense we see all year. :shock:
Jeremy Smith is a little beast and Well throws a beautiful spiral.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Unofficially, Delawder had 24 carries for 153 yards. 92 came in the 4th quarter! Way to step up when your teams needed to keep the clock going, Frank!!!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Evan Ferguson was unofficially 4-5 for 62 yards passing tonight. The kid can tuck and run, too - VERY quick on his feet when there's nothing available in the passing game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Sounds like a hard fought game!!!!!

Return to “Football”