What a turnout for GAHS open house!

jottings
SEOPS H

What a turnout for GAHS open house!

Post by jottings »

Couldn't believe my eyes!

What a turnout for this afternoon's open house and building dedicatiion ceremony.

Must have been more than 6,000 individuals of all ages on hand for the two-hour ceremonies.

The lot that is expected to be the future football stadium, the current parking lot, and the lot adjacent to the school was packed with autos.

Traffic off Rt. 141 was backed up to Ingles Hill around 2:15 p.m.

What a beautiful facility.

It's something the youth of Gallipolis will enjoy for years to come. And it's air conditioned.

More later on this historic day.

Twenty-one individuals were speakers during the dedication ceremony in the new GAHS gym, which has a seating capacity of 1,800. I'd say approximately 1,500 were seated in the gym, with about 300 others standing around the indoor track.

The new school cafeteria is outstanding, along with the new GAHS auditorium, classrooms, band and choir rooms, wrestling room, science labs and restrooms.

I'd have to say if they ever get a football stadium out there, they are gonna have to increase the parking lot.

Biggest nagative thing I saw was the plain wall along a set of stairs leading up to the main entrance. Maybe Dave Lyons or some other artist can paint a Blue Devil/Blue Angel mural on that section of steps.

If you were there, what's your thoughts?

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: What a turnout for GAHS open house!

Post by GAHS7462 »

Impressive!!!!! Someone FINALLY used my tax dollars for something great. The kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: What a turnout for GAHS open house!

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Got there around 5:30, very impressive! Saw the gym and choir room, as well as some classrooms.

Return to “Football”