week 1: Oak Hill @ Chesapeake Aug. 28

Peake
SEOP

week 1: Oak Hill @ Chesapeake Aug. 28

Post by Peake »

Last year was a close game that the Panthers pulled out!!! Whats the thought this year??

GO PEAKE!!!

sider
All Conference

Re: week 1: Oak Hill @ Chesapeake Aug. 28

Post by sider »

I think oak hill will win by anywhere from 1 to 2 scores

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Oak Hill probably should have won last year. . . I think they win this one en route to what should be a one-loss season. It'll be close though - lots of points coming from both offenses.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I think Oak Hill will win this ,,,but I said that last year too. :roll:
If the Panthers can get a rush on the Oaks Qb they might have a chance. I dont think the Oaks will be as good as Chesapeake up front ,but have better skill players by far.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

boilermaker has the main gist of it in his statement. .
of course peake has the best skill position coaching so we will see where that gets us for keeping up with what i'm sure is a more experienced and more athletic oak hill team,
I do see us being tougher up front, they are going to have to get pressure but not let up screens and quick stabs to keep in the game.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

OVCfan32 wrote:boilermaker has the main gist of it in his statement. .
of course peake has the best skill position coaching so we will see where that gets us for keeping up with what i'm sure is a more experienced and more athletic oak hill team,
I do see us being tougher up front, they are going to have to get pressure but not let up screens and quick stabs to keep in the game.

Maybe tougher, but certainly not bigger, Oak hills line is huge, but that still didn't seem stop teams with smaller lines (Peake, Minford, East) from handling them...so If the peake gets some luck this year, like they did last year they could pull it off...but oak hill is should be a lot more mature so I doubt they will make the mistakes they did last year...we will have to see...does anyone know how the oaks or panthers looked in their scrimmages?

jeepchopper
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepchopper »

Coach Phil Davis has done more with less and been succesful all the time. In my opinion he's one of the best coaches in southeastern ohio. He never had the talent every year like ironton or the burg but hes still noone better than he to b reak down an opposing team finding every weakness and exploiting it. Thats how they beat Oak hill last year and that how he'll beat them again this year. PEake by a FG.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Oak Hill IMHO peaked last year,the line underacheived greatly.Chesapeake will be much improved this year and i look for them to be at least .500 in a much tougher conference than Oak Hill plays in. Speed being the difference! (Peak by at least 7)

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

barring mistakes, i see the panthers taking a better oak hill team

Return to “Football”