SEOP

Re: Meigs at fairland week 2

Post by fuzzhead »

Meigs by 14 in a high-scoring game.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

meigs by some. this week we will see meigs d. no offence but fairland is not coal grove. look for a hard hitting game on both sides. there some history in this game.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

If the dragons play up to their potential on both sides of the ball the dragons will win by 2 scores. The dragons IMO play better D than Coal Grove . I think turnovers will decide this game.The maruders have an explosive offense but little D.This has been a good game the last few years and I expect nothing less. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

meigs 35

fairland 32

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Another long haul for the Marauders...
But i think they will be ready for this one, I'm taking Meigs by 2 scores

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I've never seen Meigs play a game, but they better not overlook Fairland. They have a very skilled team. They have some skill kids that could play for any team in southern ohio.

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2 0-1 Meigs @ 0-1 Fairland

Post by Marauder_2010 »

After puttin up 42 against C.G...i think meigs may score just as much against Fairland... 42 points is a lot...but meigs offense wasnt clickin all game long like it can...there were many missed chances for meigs to strike against coal grove...there d will b better..have a hard week of practice..i think meigs will b ready ..
J. smith will have another explosive game..
Well and Bolin will hook up on sum BOMBS ...
Meigs by atleast 2 scores

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

I will go with Meigs by a couple touchdowns

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good Luck Meigs ,Go TVC Ohio :mrgreen:

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

well...if Meigs is going to put up 40 points, Fairland will just have to put up 42 points.

Fairland in a tight one.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I don't think this game will be close. I'll say Meigs 42 Fairland 21.

Bucking red,

I don't think Fairland's D is any better than the Groves. I don't think people realize how diverse and very good the offense of both CG and Meigs is. Also, I don't know if you had the opportunity to attend the ovc previews, but Fairland certainly didn't show a better d than CG when they played. jmho

Anyway,

I still hope Fairland proves me wrong and pulls out the win.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

TigerMack the dragons showed nothing in the previews on offense or defense. But until the dragons win a game against a quality opponent people will keep on putting them down. The dragons are well aware of the Marauders offense.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

bucking red,

I hope you are not implying that I was putting the Dragons down. I have no dog in the fight as I am not a fan of either school. I was just going on what I know about West's team this year and what I saw at the previews. As I said in my earlier post, I wish Fairland success. We will soon see as this game will tell us much about the Dragons.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I just don't think Fairland's O-line is as good as Coal Grove's was. Fairland's own fans have said it would be a weak point this year. Coal Grove was able to hang on to the victory Friday in the 4th quarter soley because they could keep the chains moving by running straight into the heart of the Meigs defense. If Fairland had Cornwell this year and the same line as last year, I might be tempted to go with them here.
They'll score over 20 points, but Meigs will put up anywhere from 35 to 50, I think.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I have to take Meigs in this one, after seeing them last week, they look was to explosive for fairland to handle, I believe it may be close early on then Meigs will take control and not look back.

OBAMA NATION
Waterboy

Post by OBAMA NATION »

after watching the marauders in a high scoring shootout with the hornets of coal grove last friday night i have to say the marauders will win this one by a few. meigs has a very explosive offense and should be able to score on just about any defense they go up against. i look for the marauders to bounce back from a rough week 1 loss and take home a "W" after the long trip to fairland.
Good Luck Marauders.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Meigs will get a bounce back win !

FormerDragon902444
Waterboy

Post by FormerDragon902444 »

I think Fairland will lose this one, but again it will not be a blow out like everyone says. Fairland may not be as explosive.... BUT with Coach Carroll you will never be unprepaired for what you are about to face. I have played for him in football and basketball and we were always ready for anything the other team threw at us.. P. West said there running backs were great, Fairland kept them to minimum except for 2 or 3 plays.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Fairland may be the only team Meigs plays this year that has a speed advantage across the board. Don't take the Dragons lightly i see them upsetting Meigs in this one!

Return to “Football”