Week 2 0-1 Meigs @ 0-1 Fairland

sider
All Conference

Re: Week 2 0-1 Meigs @ 0-1 Fairland

Post by sider »

Well this certainly makes me feel alot better about going into the game tomorrow :12223 I think this win backs up the fact that Fairland is a good team, that will challange for the Ovc

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Congrats to the Green on the come-from-behind upset!
Way to get another one for the OVC!

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Very disapointed in what i saw off the field more than on the field...witnessed the FHS student section BOO as a mother with her daughter (who was wearing a Meigs shirt) walked by innocently...i can understand doing that to a student or man, but to a lady and her young child? Come on, thats uncalled for..

aslo, when the Meigs player was down and unconcious...yells of "Get up already" could be heard from the FHS side...show some class, no reason to be an asshole to women, children, and injured...

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

fuzzhead wrote:I just don't think Fairland's O-line is as good as Coal Grove's was. Fairland's own fans have said it would be a weak point this year. Coal Grove was able to hang on to the victory Friday in the 4th quarter soley because they could keep the chains moving by running straight into the heart of the Meigs defense. If Fairland had Cornwell this year and the same line as last year, I might be tempted to go with them here.
They'll score over 20 points, but Meigs will put up anywhere from 35 to 50, I think.

if fairland fans think they are weak on the line, they no nothing about the game.. they have a great line and fight hard in the trenches.. they will get stronger as the season goes..they showed a little more power vs. meigs didn't they ?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

KOOLKOACH wrote:if fairland fans think they are weak on the line, they no nothing about the game.. they have a great line and fight hard in the trenches.. they will get stronger as the season goes..they showed a little more power vs. meigs didn't they ?

I wouldn't know. I wasn't there. I know they beat a very explosive Meigs team that has a lackluster defense. Meigs will most likely win more than they'll lose this year, so Fairland should be able to earn quite a few points off the win.
Again, congrats. Hopefully Fairland can get back to what it was back in the 80's.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Great job Fairland. We tried to tell people that you were better than what you were getting credit for. Maybe now they'll listen. Keep those wins (points) comin.

earp
S

Post by earp »

So proud of our kids!BIG WIN! :mrgreen:

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Hey earp, happy for the team, Kyle and Melissa ate with us last night and told me about the head coach. I think I would like him.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Nothing against Coal Grove and Fairland (great for OVC), but never imagined Meigs would be 0-2 at this point! Good job by the Hornets and Dragons!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Now hopefully Meigs can start winning some games and give both teams some playoff points!

earp
S

Post by earp »

How do I know you Jake?? :?:

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

KnowIt2 wrote:Very disapointed in what i saw off the field more than on the field...witnessed the FHS student section BOO as a mother with her daughter (who was wearing a Meigs shirt) walked by innocently...i can understand doing that to a student or man, but to a lady and her young child? Come on, thats uncalled for..

aslo, when the Meigs player was down and unconcious...yells of "Get up already" could be heard from the FHS side...show some class, no reason to be an monkey to women, children, and injured...

Don't label a whole community by the action of a few. I know last basketball season eastern was upset with Meigs after the student section chanted some very bad remarks to a girl at the foul line about grades. they also chanted something about a boyfriend who had just broken up with her the day before while she was at the foul line. This was a total lack of class, but I hope people from Eastern wouldn't label the whole Meigs community this way because of a few morons in the student section. Same goes for fairland. I didn't witness anything that I would term bad sportsmanship. I just witnessed a team that continued to believe and make a few big plays when the needed to.

Return to “Football”