Ironton/Burg(topic just to stay out of updater)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Ironton/Burg(topic just to stay out of updater)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

wow, logged on a bit late because there was a link to actually watch the game, which of course isnt working.And after five years of radio webcasts, i was salivatiing at the thought of actually watching it live, but to no avail... Already sent them an email...
Not surprised to see I town up, must have been an amazing 60+ td run right of the gate. Defenses seem to be stellar. I get Lutz going for two each time since the plethora of backs to use from, and their success as to this point, has been solid!But the BURG D definitely stepped up on both extra attempts after I town TD's. It's early, but the talk about big fast lines favoring the burg, seem to be matched by I town. We will see as the game continues. As i type, burg defense holding well against the i town drive and I'Town's first punt.

Now there is an interception I' Town recovers and scores... WOW!!!! Hope this tenacity and diversity of the run and I town's pass continues to be successful.. Glad to see tigers able to mix it up and throw and always run.. If this continues ..... WATCHOUT S.E.O.A.L!!!! The base if that statement comes from the fact that wheelersburg has a lot of returning players, transfers from P'Town, and others. While I'Town has less skilled players returning, but no super star on the team.. just a great team. Together Everyone Achieves More...(T.E.A.M)

YET, another missed two point conversion attempt bY I' Town proves the tenacty and speed of WB's defensive line stopping Ironton each time. That is six points... Dats a lot... first game remarks... Pretty amazing tiger performance... Just re-think the two point conversions, unless there is something i do not know, as i did not listen to pre-game show, and the pat kicker is perhaps under the weather.... gotigersgo!!! keep marching on!!!

Another second half performance like this is a good sign for the I'town club so early in the season, whom usually struggle s bit early in the season... BUT ARE ON TOP OF THIS MOUNTAIN 18-0... GOTTA LIKE I CHOSE IRONTON BY SEVENTEEN..

Here's a wish of no injuries for both teams, as i back them both...

18 to zip whoda thunk it with all those burg returning starters, and our diminished spots needing replaced... The heart and extra conditioning and re-conection with coach lutz has me excited, very close to the teams of the past....
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crazyfan09
Waterboy

Re: Ironton/Burg(topic just to stay out of updater)

Post by crazyfan09 »

Why are they not giving schankweiler a try at qb they need to

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I am sure they will include him, but Irontons defnse has kept them off the offensive field... Second half begins....
With Ironton controlling the ball offensively, shankweller, must wait his turn and trust his defensive line to give him a chance.... Is he not the starter? I thougjht he was... j.P. taylor gets his first td of the season, will kick and miss... so much 4 what i read about how good their pat and field goal kicker was. so it is now24 to zip i town. with no extra points scored... based on what they went for thats nine points.. this could be uglier...
Lang is still th qback for burg... dont quite understand it.. maybe they will thow him in for the last seconds for a hail mary lucky victory...sounds like shankwyler is needed elsewhere...
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

If you are talking about Nextvsports.com streaming the game live, they are not able to do that. The OHSAA is very strict on who can stream live video of Friday Night Varsity football games. Basically if you are not a school (student produced) or Fox Sports Ohio, it's not gonna happen.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

HERD07 wrote:If you are talking about Nextvsports.com streaming the game live, they are not able to do that. The OHSAA is very strict on who can stream live video of Friday Night Varsity football games. Basically if you are not a school (student produced) or Fox Sports Ohio, it's not gonna happen.

Not true . It can and will happen .

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

patience is a virtue.. i will wait and see... happy with the radio broadcat working first game, as they had trouble the first three games last year... Shankwyler is being used as a receiver...???? Lang is struggling... id switchem... shankwyler is in.. hurt lang... just leveled by cramblit of i town... if this is the momentum swing the burg needs, they better get moving and protect the ball, because that i town secondary is ready... being in the seoal, has helped them in that area....the only good thing i can say about the seoal.. the most embarrassing league perhaps in ohio... Lang comes back to punt, so he is ok, and just pins a long punt deep at i towns own five yard line... BURG D solid, providing i towns only three and out.. burg blocks punts ball and somehow i town regains fumble by burg after blocked piunt....CCRAAAZZZINESSSS...

crazyfan09
Waterboy

Post by crazyfan09 »

I know I agree they need to put schankweiler in and let him get a try at qb cause lang is doin much at all right now. they need to give schankweiler a chance at least.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

iM HAPPY... 4TH QRTR.. NO BURG OFFENSE, AS I'TOWNS HUGE AND NOW DEFINITELY FAST LINE HAS THE BURG SCRATCING THEIR HEAD AND TWO YEAR WIN STREAK! VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY PROMISING OUTLOOK FROM THE FIRST THREE QUARTERS....LUTZ HAS THEM IN LINE.. NO DOUBT...ALSO IMPRESSED WITH I TOWNS Q BACK...AND NOW I TOWN PUNTER OF 65 YARDS, WOOT WOOT.. LANG STILL IN AS Q BACK...THEY MUST NEED SWANKENWYLERED FOR OTHER STUFF THAT IS NOT HAPPENING... BURG QUICKLY MOVES SHANKENWYLERED TO QBACK AND THEY HAVE A RESPECTABLE GAIN...SHANKWYLER KEEPS AND MOVES OR SEVEN.. LET'S SEE WHAT HE CAN DO AS THEY GET A FIRST DOWN... WHAT WAS THE BURG COACH THINKING AFTER LAST YEAR... I TOWN SUBSTITUTING FRESH JERSEYS...SHANKWYLERED THROWS A BOMB TO MAKE IT FIRST AND GOAL TO GOAL... STILL QUESTIONING BURG COACH... LANG SWITCHES BACK TO Q BACK AND THEY SCORE... BURG GOES 95 YRDS FOR THE SCORE IN TWO MINUTES. AND GETS THE TWO POINT CONVERSATION BY LAND.... 7MIN 44 SECONDS, LEFT... BURG PRESSURING...SHUTTING DOWN I TOWN A BIT IN THE LATE THIRD QRTR AND FOURTH...
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

huedawg wrote:Not true . It can and will happen .

Enlighten me. I've read the OHSAA media regulations and I know first hand the hoops we have to jump through just to get our student produced broadcasts on the air. I'm sure there is a chance someday that the OHSAA may change the regulations, but they've already voted on that sort of stuff for this season. They re-visit it every spring.

Just to clarify these regulations apply to LIVE Video streaming. Anyone can stream a regular season game on delay. Audio is wide open though. Not as restrictive.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TIGERS RUNNING OUT CLOCK, BURG D EXCELLENT.... THEY ARE ON FIRE AND READY TO NEVER GIVE UP.. GOTTA ADMIRE THAT, AND WONDER WHAT IS GOING ON IN I TOWNS PLAYERS MINDS AT A 24-8 LEAD... LOTS OF TIME... BURG THROWING BOMB, JUST MISSES THE FINGERTIP CATCH WHICH WOULD HAVE PROBABLY BEEN A SCORE.. IRONTON TIMEOUT.. 3RD DOWN AND ABOUT FIVE, AFTER LANG SCRAMBLES FOR FORWARD PROGRESS AND A NICE GAIN... WHEELERSBURG NEVER GIVES UP... I LOVE AND ADMIRE THAT IN THEM... tAKE NOTES TIGERS... NEVER GET COMFOTABLE.. TENACITY..

SHANKWYLER AT Q BACK FOR A COMPLETION. FOURTH AND TWO... Q BACK SNEAK BY SHWNENWYLERD. AND STOPPED... COULD BE GAME... AWESOME EFFORT BY BURG IN LATE THIRD QRTR AND ALL 4TH QRTR GREAT PERFORMANCE BY I TOWN FIRST HALF AND BEGINNING OF SECOND, SAME FOR BURG END OF THIRD ALL OF 4TH... BTW... HUGE CROWD...THE SATURDAY MOVE FOR THS GAME RECOMMENDATIONS IS NOT NEEDED...

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Tigers on the win. They were just way to physical up front for the Pirates to control and owned the line of scrimmage all night long. If they continue to play like all season they will have a very successful season.

Pirates need to regroup and get ready for the Pointers at home next week.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Wow! The Tigers must be for real. I know Burg expects big things so Ironton must be tough.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

pmow3 wrote:Wow! The Tigers must be for real. I know Burg expects big things so Ironton must be tough.

They were very impressive on both sides of the ball. They controled the line of scrimmage the entire game and the Burg couldn't do anything until the 4th quarter.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations on a nice win by the Tigers.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

tjhtygeverve quote
"if this is the momentum swing the burg needs, they better get moving and protect the ball, because that i town secondary is ready... being in the seoal, has helped them in that area....the only good thing i can say about the seoal.. the most embarrassing league perhaps in ohio"...

It appears Ironton and the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League can stand tall this evening. The 'Burg could not overcome a powerful Ironton attack. Not to worry. You still have SOC powerhouse Northwest to look forward to in the coming weeks.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good jod Ironton

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
pmow3 wrote:Wow! The Tigers must be for real. I know Burg expects big things so Ironton must be tough.

They were very impressive on both sides of the ball. They controled the line of scrimmage the entire game and the Burg couldn't do anything until the 4th quarter.

I sympathize BG. You guys will be a load full before it's all said and done.

grndma1
SEOPS HO

Post by grndma1 »

Congratulations Ironton. Great job. This could be your year to go all the way.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Moses Guthrie wrote:tjhtygeverve quote
"if this is the momentum swing the burg needs, they better get moving and protect the ball, because that i town secondary is ready... being in the seoal, has helped them in that area....the only good thing i can say about the seoal.. the most embarrassing league perhaps in ohio"...

It appears Ironton and the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League can stand tall this evening. The 'Burg could not overcome a powerful Ironton attack. Not to worry. You still have SOC powerhouse Northwest to look forward to in the coming weeks.

That's uncalled for Moses. Win with some class.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

I am no Ironton fan. I just did not appreciate the quote about the seoal being embarrassing. I mentioned Northwest because they struggle yearly and are traditionally at the bottom of the SOC.

Return to “Football”