Ironton/Burg(topic just to stay out of updater)

Tiger Man
Varsity

Re: Ironton/Burg(topic just to stay out of updater)

Post by Tiger Man »

WOW
The TIGERS looked GGGRRRRRREEEEEAAAATTTTTT tonight.

Way to go BIG I!!!!

ballin'fan
Waterboy

Post by ballin'fan »

Let me get this straight......Burg did not do anything until 4th quarter when Schankweiler was put in at QB, he gets the ball down the field and they hand it back over to Lang to get the TD??? If this indeed is what happened, COACH, better suck it up, admit he picked the WRONG QB and get it together before the next game! Schankweiler should be the QB!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

from what i've seen quite a few seoal teams won tonight, ironton
chillcothe
portsmouth
logan
warren
zanesville
ironton thats all i'm sure about, look pretty darn good to me.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Tiger Man wrote:WOW

Way to go BIG I!!!!

Talk about your big wins...how about winning $802 in split the pot? Congratulations.

Great job Fighting Tigers. Ironton did something they didnt do alot of the past few years, they dominated the line of scrimmage. Great coaching by ironton and great execution the entire game.

I thought Coach Lutz really had the Fighting Tigers ready to play tonight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree they looked very sharp, and intense . they are gonna be a load time they hit their sride.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

i will kinda take back what i said about the seoal. It does serve a purpose of being a league, BUT what is embarassing is the way it is structured where only a few of the towns and school systems are financially stable and have larger enrollments. About three of the games for each school of ten games are long travels and have proven to put hardship on those propestive schools. I live in Florida and keep in touch with several teachers and coaches, and it is really hard on the smaller schools. It just made no sense to rekindle the teams back into it, and i dont believe much thought was put into it. Plus, atleast half of the schools struggle to get their students and parents to be intetrested in sports and the lack of enthusiasm i can feel here in Orlando. Speaking only as An Ironton school system and sports department financial contributor, i just felt it was a weak decision to re-join, and reading enough on the net, know it also effects more schools in this way than it helps!. I thought being an independent athletic department was smarter for Ironton. We scheduled a high percentage of other schools that equalled Ironton's enthusiasm about sporting events, and so we all benefited a bit more nicely from it. It didnt drain us like now. Where less than half the league generates even a decent home field showing of spectators... just my opinion...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

85inside wrote:
Tiger Man wrote:WOW

Way to go BIG I!!!!

Talk about your big wins...how about winning $802 in split the pot? Congratulations.

Great job Fighting Tigers. Ironton did something they didnt do alot of the past few years, they dominated the line of scrimmage. Great coaching by ironton and great execution the entire game.

I thought Coach Lutz really had the Fighting Tigers ready to play tonight.

Gotta agree on both big wins, the Tigers and the Sheriff winning the 800 plus in the split-the -pot.........

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Would have liked to see burg pass more early on....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they did just fine. :122245

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:Would have liked to see burg pass more early on....

Totally agree. It was obvious it was there and Ironton has struggled the last two years with the pass (both Burg wins). Burg only went 4 wide a few times and Ironton knew what was coming, the QB keeper. They never threw once out of that set so Ironton was always ready for that.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
Gotta agree on both big wins, the Tigers and the Sheriff winning the 800 plus in the split-the -pot.........

Everybody always knows somebody from Ironton is gonna win the split-the-pot up there..... but it is getting pretty BOLD to give it to the SHERIFF !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congratulations to TigerMan and the Tigers. :-D

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

Everybody always knows somebody from Ironton is gonna win the split-the-pot up there..... but it is getting pretty BOLD to give it to the SHERIFF !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I told you before you left, if you was buying split the pot, go over to the home side..
they dont put em in a brown paper bag and tos them in the garbage can on that side :lol: :lol:

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

biggdowgg wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:
TigerTownTurkey wrote:

I told you before you left, if you was buying split the pot, go over to the home side..
they dont put em in a brown paper bag and tos them in the garbage can on that side :lol: :lol:

now thats funny

Return to “Football”