Russell @ Ironton week 2

ItownHosscat
S

Russell @ Ironton week 2

Post by ItownHosscat »

After a nice win over the Burg in week one,on to week 2

Not sure what Russell will bring to the table,but I know the Tigers will be well prepared.
On a side note,I'd like to thank Ivan McGlone for buying a split the pot ticket at the Burg-Ironton game. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Russell @ Ironton week 2

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm thinking russell picked a bad year to get back on the fighting tigers chedule. if we can handle spread offenses this year, better than in the past, it's gonna make for a long night for many teams. nothing taken from russell, i have no idea what they have or returning starters, i've heard they are somewhat down this year. if we play as fundamentally sound this year as we did last night, well , its another 9 year. 79, 89, 99, 09.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'm thinking russell picked a bad year to get back on the fighting tigers chedule. if we can handle spread offenses this year, better than in the past, it's gonna make for a long night for many teams. nothing taken from russell, i have no idea what they have or returning starters, i've heard they are somewhat down this year. if we play as fundamentally sound this year as we did last night, well , its another 9 year. 79, 89, 99, 09.

I know ou are probably kidding, but there is no "bad year" for Russell to play Ironton. I dont care if Russell lost to ironton every year. The gate revenue every other year is reason enough to lay this game. This game is great for both schools pocket book. it is also great for the Tri State economy. Money will be spent at the schools and at area restaurants. great game.

Belfry used to play ironton every year. i think they only beat Ironton once. however, it prepared them for their playoffs. i think belfry won 2 state titles while playing ironton. it was good for their program, their athletic department and the area economy.

kudos to both Ironton and Russell for rekindling this gridiron rivalry. i look forward to it for the next 4 years....and hopefully many years to come.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Might be a good one

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

NICKNEVADA wrote:Might be a good one

I doubt it!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

I watched Russell play East Carter last week. Not impressed. Small and slow. Unless they improve vastly, the Tigers shouldn't have a problem. If East Carter would've had any kind of offense, they could have very easily won.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

Ironton 20

Russell 21

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ironton by 21+
Bring on Ashland! :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

85inside wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'm thinking russell picked a bad year to get back on the fighting tigers chedule. if we can handle spread offenses this year, better than in the past, it's gonna make for a long night for many teams. nothing taken from russell, i have no idea what they have or returning starters, i've heard they are somewhat down this year. if we play as fundamentally sound this year as we did last night, well , its another 9 year. 79, 89, 99, 09.

I know ou are probably kidding, but there is no "bad year" for Russell to play Ironton. I dont care if Russell lost to ironton every year. The gate revenue every other year is reason enough to lay this game. This game is great for both schools pocket book. it is also great for the Tri State economy. Money will be spent at the schools and at area restaurants. great game.

Belfry used to play ironton every year. i think they only beat Ironton once. however, it prepared them for their playoffs. i think belfry won 2 state titles while playing ironton. it was good for their program, their athletic department and the area economy.

kudos to both Ironton and Russell for rekindling this gridiron rivalry. i look forward to it for the next 4 years....and hopefully many years to come.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 85, surely you don't think i don't realize the economic impact of this game, you know better. i was merely stating, this may be the year of the tiger. if friday was an indication. :roll:

IronTigerMum
Varsity

Post by IronTigerMum »

Wow, it's been since 1992 since we've played Russell! I didn't realize it had been that long. Good luck this week Tigers!

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Unfortunately, this will be a mauling. Ironton by as much as they want.

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

Battle of the bridge. Here is the Russell website... http://russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevilss ... te2007.htm

GO TIGERS!!!

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

This will be a complete annihilation. Ironton's youngins will get plenty of playing time.
Last edited by tigermack on Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I have to agree...I think as long as we play tiger football...with little mistakes...it should be by as many as we want it to be...our youngins will get plenty of playing time...they are really down this year...

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YourTigerBait:.....have you lost your ever luving mind... :?: A good friend of mine was at the Russell opening game and spotted you in the stands and he just about fainted.........

just tell us it is not true........we want to hear it straight up from you..........

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:YourTigerBait:.....have you lost your ever luving mind... :?: A good friend of mine was at the Russell opening game and spotted you in the stands and he just about fainted.........

just tell us it is not true........we want to hear it straight up from you..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

This might be a closer game than a lot of people think....

Ironton 28
Russell 21

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

One prediction i will make about this game....barring any delays because of weather, this game will be played in under 2 hours.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton wins this one big.

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:YourTigerBait:.....have you lost your ever luving mind... :?: A good friend of mine was at the Russell opening game and spotted you in the stands and he just about fainted.........

Now that's funny right there!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NUFF SAID................

Return to “Football”