JV Team

Re: Week 2: Rock Hill @ Valley

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Valley, 35-0.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

valley didnt look that great in there scrimmage against fairland.
and rh isnt as bad as everyone thinks, if they can get there passing game goin ill take them by 6.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

if i want r -p's opinion i will give it to you :122246 this is an opinion forum pure and simple...... my opinion is that rh will not win this year given the fact the other ovc teams looked tough in their openers and the hill just dosnt have much this year. is this a slam on the coaches or kids?? no! it just means this is not a good football team this year or have they been for awhile.....

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

jl724 wrote:valley didnt look that great in there scrimmage against fairland.
and rh isnt as bad as everyone thinks, if they can get there passing game goin ill take them by 6.

Bad Logic....

Fairland just lost to West by 1 point...obviously they arent too shabby, and if you're basing predictions off scrimmages i'd like to be against you in the picks contests.. :lol:

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

Valley didn't look bad against Fairland. They were a little sloppy, but that's to be expected in your first live action. But Valley actually moved the ball pretty well against Fairland and got into the endzone a couple of different times. Rock Hill is going to have their hands full Friday night.

money_baller2010
Waterboy

Post by money_baller2010 »

i think that if rock hill could just mesh together as a team that they would be pretty good. they have a boat load of talent but cant transfer it to the field. but as a prediction i would say VALLEY 38 ROCK HILL 12

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

For Rock Hill fans:

Memories of the glorious 2007 campaign:

http://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37905&start=0

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

What Guzinya do?

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

gotta go with the Indians in this one.....

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Buckeyeshots will be covering this game instead of the Wellston vs Minford game. Good luck to both teams and I will see you all there!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Ill take Valley 42-7
I hope Knipp can get this turned around though, I figured their would be a falling off after 07...but not this bad

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

sider wrote:Ill take Valley 42-7
I hope Knipp can get this turned around though, I figured their would be a falling off after 07...but not this bad

I heard from the seniors from the '07 team that it would be like this, but I figured they were just exaggerating. . .
In all fairness, Rock Hill football has never consistently been good. Coach Knipp has spoiled the fans out there and now they're getting restless.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The Redmen have a talented Qb and Wr in Davenport. I see the Indians having to much speed for Rock Hill. So I'll take the Indians by 3 scores but I'll be rooting for the Redmen.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

fuzzhead wrote:

I heard from the seniors from the '07 team that it would be like this, but I figured they were just exaggerating. . .
In all fairness, Rock Hill football has never consistently been good. Coach Knipp has spoiled the fans out there and now they're getting restless.

Yeah, I don't Rock Hill didn't win their first Ovc championship until 1995...but after two playoff appearences in a row I guess you start to expect success

Pure Country
Waterboy

Post by Pure Country »

back in 07 they just had very talented kids that didn't need much coaching, now they have to coach and they don't know how. They do have some talent but from what I've
heard and seen at the ball games they also play favorites until that stops they will never have a winning season.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Umm... are you sure it was 2007? Or are you thinking about 2005?

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

Let's see...make the playoffs 3 times since 2002 ( 2 times with Knipp including an outright OVC championship in 2005)...it's the kids. RH has made the playoffs 4 times in school history. But now they lose a few and it's the coaches. Sounds like little Billy is not getting to play Pure Country. I would bet the coaches want to win more than anybody sitting in the stands and could care less who starts.

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

I don't think that the Hill's coaches play favorites... they have clearly had their best players on the field... That's just what I've seen, and believe me when I say that I have no ties to Rock Hill... Coach Knipp is a legit coach, they just have young kids... give it a couple of years!

Besides... I think they looked VERY good during the previews IMO. I don't know what everybody else was watching, but they were playing EXCELLENT. Maybe Trace was just a stacked team?

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

sider wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:

Yeah, I don't Rock Hill didn't win their first Ovc championship until 1995...but after two playoff appearences in a row I guess you start to expect success

I think they won a title in the 60's before that, maybe '68, not sure. 1995 was the first playoff appearance in school history. However, that was when only 4 teams per region made it. Ironton finished 1st in the region, Rock Hill 2nd, Lancaster Fairfield Union 3rd and Wheelersburg 4th. In the first round, Ironton beat Wheelersburg at Spartan Stadium 40-8 or so and Rock Hill beat LFU at Athens Rutter Field 26-0. In the second round, Ironton beat Rock Hill 21-0 at Spartan Stadium in front of a standing room only crowd.

Pure Country
Waterboy

Post by Pure Country »

To football fan, I have been going to games for 30 years now I hope they can win, and by the way I have no kids in the football program. But you do here alot in the football stands and after you watch for awhile you can see some things they need to work on. If you go to the games just sit watch and listen and you will see what I am talking about. I Hope Knipp can turn it around. I guess will will see tonight!!!!
Good luck, I hope they can win this one they need it the boys and the coaches.

Return to “Football”