Should Wellston Keep Playing Jackson?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Re: Should Wellston Keep Playing Jackson?

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

blacksheep....2old has severe psychological problems. I mean just look at his last post with his terrible spelling and misplaced punctuation. He wrote that post as if he was having a complete breakdown because I and everyone else gets to him just by being alive.

In one sentence, he says that I am the "only one posting lies on here." Then, in the VERY NEXT sentence, he says "Like many other posters, you post lies about me."

He can't even make up his mind about whether I am "the only one posting lies on here" or whether "many other posters" are telling lies on here.

Then he accuses me of calling him names. Well, boys and girls, he starts his post by referring to me as "Geezer." If that's not the pot calling the kettle black........

It's comedy to say the least

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

blacksheep wrote:after ironton kicks your butt, it will be our turn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..thanks..I've been needing a good laugh. :122245

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Back on topic -- 2old is correct. This game should no longer be played and should have stopped 10 years ago. Jackson is known state-wide for its poor scheduling. As for the alleged reason -- money -- its only one game and there are lots of teams Jackson could play and get a respectable gate. Of course, those would probably risk a loss as well. Wellston would help its program by playing a more competitve game and gain confidence of its players leading to a better program. A good gate is also available to them with some other teams as well. This is a classic weenie game for Jackson & an over powered game for Wellston.

Jackson doesn't have the gonads to stop. They want to win a game at all costs. Apparently its lack of brain power at Wellston. Pride trumps intelligence. But the game needs to stop.

Do-Your-Job
Riding the Bench

Post by Do-Your-Job »

Paladin wrote:Back on topic -- 2old is correct. This game should no longer be played and should have stopped 10 years ago. Jackson is known state-wide for its poor scheduling. As for the alleged reason -- money -- its only one game and there are lots of teams Jackson could play and get a respectable gate. Of course, those would probably risk a loss as well. Wellston would help its program by playing a more competitve game and gain confidence of its players leading to a better program. A good gate is also available to them with some other teams as well. This is a classic weenie game for Jackson & an over powered game for Wellston.

Jackson doesn't have the gonads to stop. They want to win a game at all costs. Apparently its lack of brain power at Wellston. Pride trumps intelligence. But the game needs to stop.

State-wide? Yeah I'm sure people in Columbus and Toledo and Cleveland and Dayton are talking about Jackson's non-league schedule. I was at a barber shop in Grove City a few weeks ago and they were talking about why Jackson is still playing Vinton.

And why would Wellston stop the game 10 years ago when they had Brad Young as a sophomore? If Jackson backed out of the series at that point, they would've been accused of ducking an up and coming Wellston team. Wellston has had some good teams during the streak that Jackson had found a way to beat.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Do,

Exactly. Wellston could not win with Young, Mays, hutchinson, and Phillips. Kind of hard to see them winning without them. Just trying to keep it real.

You are right Wellston should have found a way to win in those years.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You are just another poster who does not understand scheduling and developing a program. i have held many remedial classes on the subject. Too bad the concepts escape you. I am impressed with the number of posters who have come to understand it. I will be helping people like you again. Please sign up early and get a front row seat.

Now thats funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Gahs,

You follow me around on all my post. You know i have said Gallia is overscheduled. I have said for the last two years that VC is over scheduled. I think you remember what you like.

I have explained scheduling to you. You do not understand it.

i speak to many of the good people of Wellston. I know how many of them feel. I am much more in tune with Wellston fans than you are in 2009.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

[quote][/quote]Should Wellston Keep Playing Jackson?
I say yes. It is true that Jackson has won every game since 1990. It is also a fact that in most of those games that Wellston has gotten dominated. But to me, that is no reason to quit playing each other.

The main problem in this series is the fact that Wellston's football program is seemingly in a constant state of turmoil. Wellston has not kept a head coach for longer than four or five years since I don't know when. That's not the kids' fault. The Wellston city schools seem content to hire all these out of town guys who have no clue about the city. They fail to understand the importance of defeating Jackson. It reminds me of the John Cooper era at Ohio State, only worse. At least Cooper actually defeated Michigan. The school board hires all these guys who had a winning record IN THE PAST and expect that to transfer into instant wins and a quick fix for the football program. Worst of all, I think all the school board cares about is the fact that this is the money game of the season and they are content with that.

I don't think the solution is to take Jackson off the schedule or reschedule them later in the season. I GUARANTEE that no one in the Wellston city school district wants that, either. But the solution starts at the top in this Wellston Golden Rocket quagmire. They have to be able to hire coaches who are interested in the long term success of the football team. These "fly by night" out of area coaches that the school board continues to hire is not helping matters at all. I don't place the blame solely on these guys. It's just that Wellston needs to hire guys who care about the community and the football program. I honestly don't remember the last football coach who stayed there five years.

To me, this is a serious problem. Wellston has always had athletes who played on the gridiron. But that hasn't translated into victories over Jackson and thats bad for this rivalry, or lack thereof. Wellston needs to solve its own turmoil internally or else this vicious cycle continues to the point where no one cares about this game. That would be a shame IMO. There is no easy solution to this mess, but stopping this rivalry sends an even worse message to the kids and the fans that it's okay to give up and be a quitter.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Gahs,

Actually i am spot on when it comes to scheduling you just can not grasp the concept.

I am also very much in tune with the fans of Wellston.

Apparently this issue has not been obvious to the adminstration because they are counting their money. i am only saying it is not fair to the student athletes. But heck who cares about them?

My record of predictions is far better than yours. i have successfully predicted the Chiefs to win the league the last 4 years and successfully stated Logan would defeat every opponent in the league in those four years. I have been proven correct every Friday league game in the last 4 years.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

The never-ending topic. I never dreamed this would still be going FOUR weeks later.

blacksheep
Riding the Bench

Post by blacksheep »

this is KRAZY......i live in Jackson, work in Wellston,and 90% of the people love this game and look forward to it....as for the money i can tell you this FACT...Wellston makes more money off this game,then they do off of the rest of their games combined, and even more when its played in wellston......this one game carries their program...

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

GAHS,

You would believe anyone. I believe it is unfair to balance the athletic budget to the detriment of the football team. With a little imagination the Rocket atletic department would not miss Jackson over a 5 year period. The people Blacksheep knows are from Jackson. Only the few that understand Jackson habitually undersschedules woudl eb against the Wellston game. Jackson makes two dollars for every one Wellston makes on this game. Wellston plays into the short term hands of the Ironmen.

Regardless the fact remains Wellston starts 19 straight seasons 0-1 and the only justification the naysayers can come up with money. What ever happened to competition? Wellston needs to rebuild and then maybe this series can be looked at again. Right now it is not good for the ATHLETES of Wellston. Let the AD figure out the budget problems. Winning would cure his ills.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

[quote][/quote]Should Wellston Keep Playing Jackson?
I say yes. It is true that Jackson has won every game since 1990. It is also a fact that in most of those games that Wellston has gotten dominated. But to me, that is no reason to quit playing each other.

The main problem in this series is the fact that Wellston's football program is seemingly in a constant state of turmoil. Wellston has not kept a head coach for longer than four or five years since I don't know when. That's not the kids' fault. The Wellston city schools seem content to hire all these out of town guys who have no clue about the city. They fail to understand the importance of defeating Jackson. It reminds me of the John Cooper era at Ohio State, only worse. At least Cooper actually defeated Michigan. The school board hires all these guys who had a winning record IN THE PAST and expect that to transfer into instant wins and a quick fix for the football program. Worst of all, I think all the school board cares about is the fact that this is the money game of the season and they are content with that.

I don't think the solution is to take Jackson off the schedule or reschedule them later in the season. I GUARANTEE that no one in the Wellston city school district wants that, either. But the solution starts at the top in this Wellston Golden Rocket quagmire. They have to be able to hire coaches who are interested in the long term success of the football team. These "fly by night" out of area coaches that the school board continues to hire is not helping matters at all. I don't place the blame solely on these guys. It's just that Wellston needs to hire guys who care about the community and the football program. I honestly don't remember the last football coach who stayed there five years.

To me, this is a serious problem. Wellston has always had athletes who played on the gridiron. But that hasn't translated into victories over Jackson and thats bad for this rivalry, or lack thereof. Wellston needs to solve its own turmoil internally or else this vicious cycle continues to the point where no one cares about this game. That would be a shame IMO. There is no easy solution to this mess, but stopping this rivalry sends an even worse message to the kids and the fans that it's okay to give up and be a quitter.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

TTT

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Someone shoot this horse and let it die !!!
Its week 5 ,please continue next season. :!: :idea:

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

[quote][/quote]Someone shoot this horse and let it die !!!
Its week 5 ,please continue next season.

Gladly. I'll repost the same thing after Wellston loses to Jackson again next year. I don't like it, but I stand by my posts about the situation in Wellston. Best of luck to the rockets the rest of this season, though.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

yes its $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ never quit you get a bunch of us oak hill people there too bc the game is on a saturday!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Wellston has shot up to 25th in the region. If the student Athlete was the priority unstead of the dollar, Wellston could have more victories. I don't think kids should have the job of balancing the budget. Good job Rockets. Keep climbing in the region. The Rockets are definitely in the part of the schedule that fits the current level of talent.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Ahh the shadow speaks. It is all in the scheduling. Remember you missed that class.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I wonder if future enrollment numbers will have an impact on if this game is played in the future? Wellston is about to experience a significant drop in enrollment over the next several years, with low numbers in elementary and junior high school at the present.

Wellston's 7th grade only has 40 boys in it from what I have heard from someone at Wellston. The lower grades in elementary also have low numbers. I heard that Wellston has eliminated teaching positions in the elementary grades because their simply were not enough students to warrant keeping those teachers. Those are Division 6 numbers. Wellston will be Division 5 after the next census in all probability, but it will quickly fall thru the ranks of Division 5 and be near Division 6 within a few years after that.

I think this is one reason Wellston voted against Wahama joining the Hocking, because Wellston will probably make a plea to join the Hocking in a few years when those lower grades are at the high school level and Wellston finds itself about to join the ranks of Division 6.

Return to “Football”