WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Re: WEEK 6. West vs Minford.

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I think Minford has the ability to stay in this game. West is a little bigger and their running is just like it is every year... Very physical, very tough and very hard to stop. I know Minford hasn't lived up to expectations this season, but I can't help but feel like they'll be in this game until the end. I do think that West will pull away and end up with the victory. But with a turnover or two by the Siders the Falcons could make things very interesting.

West 21
Minford 14

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

siderman wrote:
GO Blue 54 wrote:West will Score as many as they want in this one, unless minford comes to play and can handle there O line and D line...West is lookin like they will go 10- 0...
easy there. Long way to go before that. This game isn't gonna be an easy one and Valley is really good. These are the games. Win these and we go undefeated barring a rash of injuries.
Glad to see that some West fans are already looking past the Wheelersburg game....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

4th n Goal wrote:
siderman wrote:
GO Blue 54 wrote:West will Score as many as they want in this one, unless minford comes to play and can handle there O line and D line...West is lookin like they will go 10- 0...
easy there. Long way to go before that. This game isn't gonna be an easy one and Valley is really good. These are the games. Win these and we go undefeated barring a rash of injuries.
Glad to see that some West fans are already looking past the Wheelersburg game....

Usually, when teams start looking ahead, they end up in a dogfight on a team they are overlooking. They normally lose because of turnovers and momentum swings.

Hopefully, they are looking ahead. No reason to get all worked up over a 3-2 Minford squad (LOL). But I have a feeling that Shaffer will probably have the West kids focused.

If the Minford team that scrimmaged Portsmouth shows up, look out.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

4th n Goal wrote:
siderman wrote:
It's just a prediction. Minford has the physical tools to play with West. Valley has excellent skill and a great team. I know Burg will compete. But I just don't think they have the horses this year, and you never have to worry about the team not being focused to play Wheelersburg. Also that game will either have major playoff implications, gold football, or both on the line, so they will for sure be ready mentally.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:Usually, when teams start looking ahead, they end up in a dogfight on a team they are overlooking. They normally lose because of turnovers and momentum swings.

Hopefully, they are looking ahead. No reason to get all worked up over a 3-2 Minford squad (LOL). But I have a feeling that Shaffer will probably have the West kids focused.

Don't worry. They'll be ready. I'm sure they'll be reminded what happed the last couple times we've played you guys at home.

Saw the Portsmouth/Minford scrimmage. You guys looked great. But remember, West isn't Portsmouth. :122249

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Bleeding Red wrote:
noles_fan wrote:Minford better be prepared to get smacked every time they touch the ball West defense is as physical as ive seen in a while. They will smack you in the mouth and come back and do it again. That said West wins this one to go 6-0

Are you talking about before or after the whistle? LOL. It is the West Side you know ;-)
Have read ur posts before, and always have something smarta$$ to say. Best of luck to both sides and no one gets injured.

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

My prediction:

West in a route...Minford is gonna be in for a long night!

Ports. West - 42

Minford - 7

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Should be a very good game. Two physical teams going head to head. But I think I see West coming out on top on this one, too big and talented for Minford to keep up with.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

DIDO wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:
noles_fan wrote:Minford better be prepared to get smacked every time they touch the ball West defense is as physical as ive seen in a while. They will smack you in the mouth and come back and do it again. That said West wins this one to go 6-0

Are you talking about before or after the whistle? LOL. It is the West Side you know ;-)
Have read ur posts before, and always have something smarta$$ to say. Best of luck to both sides and no one gets injured.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awe, lighten up a little bit. Its all in good fun. I have said all along that West is good. So if you cant take a little poking, stay off the boards!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

Bleeding Red wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
siderman wrote:

Usually, when teams start looking ahead, they end up in a dogfight on a team they are overlooking. They normally lose because of turnovers and momentum swings.

Did you not read any of these quotes here before you commented on them or are you just trying to stir up S#!+. It clearly stated that this was not gonna be an easy one. Just because fans get on here and boast about there teams doesnt mean the players or coaches are looking past anyone. I can guarantee you the coaches won't let anyone look past Minford or any other game the rest of the year.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

DIDO wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Noles fan- you apparently didnt read my post and quote. I was quoting 4th and Goal...., who is a BURG fan. Some of you West fans are a little touchy. I know Bob Shaffer pretty well. I have said nothing but good things about him since his hiring. I also always praised Triplett and his coaching style. If you want to twist my posts around, forget it. They are very plain and simple. Some of you need to chill out. Everyone that pays any attention to HS football in this area knows that West is very talented. But if fans can't have a little rivalry and fun on here it's a bit depressing. On paper West is very tough but Minford will still show up and play Friday.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

They better show up :122246 I think WEST wins this one. Lets say 42-13 :-D

minfordmamma
Riding the Bench

Post by minfordmamma »

using some of my words red? thats ok, i'll let you.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

minfordmamma wrote:using some of my words red? thats ok, i'll let you.
:122249

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

One thing for sure West will just keep coming at you and physically wear you down. If they get the lead it will be hard for Minford to stop West and their running attack. They don't try to trick you, just line up and play smash mouth. I believe the peake had a few hurt in their physical game with West. Good luck to both teams.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

West quite handily.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

peake450 wrote:One thing for sure West will just keep coming at you and physically wear you down. If they get the lead it will be hard for Minford to stop West and their running attack. They don't try to trick you, just line up and play smash mouth. I believe the peake had a few hurt in their physical game with West. Good luck to both teams.

I think West faced the best lines, offensively and defensively. They will face all year, long Friday night against Chesapeake. And I think West handled them fairly well. West's big boys are extremely strong. And I would put their backfield against any other backfield in the county. In the weightroom, QB included. Can Minford beat us? Yes. I don't think it will happen. But I know a few things. If you run the ball, try to throw it, or try to catch it for Minford. Be prepared to be hit. Bricker is worth the price of admission, just to see him lay people out!! He's our biggest hitter. But they'll all bring the wood! And on offense, don't ever expect our runningbacks to go out of bounds. Or our QB to slide! These boys are just physical. Our lines are starting to get the respect, they've deserve. Good luck to both teams.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

West by 21

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

wow...west must be for real...boys your good but ive seen a whole he** of alot better the last couple years :roll:

Return to “Football”