Danville 44 Caldwell 34 Final

TheLot
Waterboy

Re: Region 25 Final 2. Caldwell vs 1. Danville

Post by TheLot »

J_Manziel2 wrote:
TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote: Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more
Caldwell QB is very uncomfortable when he throws. If a team can force them to throw they will cruise to victory. I understand that is a big if. The Caldwell QB in all reality a RB and throws the ball like a youth leaguer. I mean no disrespect but he is by no means an accurate passer.
What games have you even watched Caldwell play?
Obviously more than you.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
TheLot wrote:
Caldwell QB is very uncomfortable when he throws. If a team can force them to throw they will cruise to victory. I understand that is a big if. The Caldwell QB in all reality a RB and throws the ball like a youth leaguer. I mean no disrespect but he is by no means an accurate passer.
What games have you even watched Caldwell play?
Obviously more than you.
No way you have seen more than me and no way you are from Caldwell or the surrounding area of you are bashing the qb

Mick's Diner
Waterboy

Post by Mick's Diner »

TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
ttomcat 80 wrote:Clark is good.see the field cuts to back to weak side.Great runner.But you can't compare him to Danville QB.He can throw and run.Danville QB does not run 49 times in a game.He can throw and run.Caldwell front line is not that big 63 is their big man and he is good.but the rest are good players but not as big that was posted..Caldwell has good team but you can't run your QB every play and win a state title.Danville with 4 and 5 wide throwing and running makes offense harder to defend
Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more
Like ZZ Top says, "He"s got legs and knows how to use them." Obviously replacing she with he. ;)

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:
ttomcat 80 wrote:Clark is good.see the field cuts to back to weak side.Great runner.But you can't compare him to Danville QB.He can throw and run.Danville QB does not run 49 times in a game.He can throw and run.Caldwell front line is not that big 63 is their big man and he is good.but the rest are good players but not as big that was posted..Caldwell has good team but you can't run your QB every play and win a state title.Danville with 4 and 5 wide throwing and running makes offense harder to defend
Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more
Aha. You are a Trimble follower. Makes sense to bash a kid on the team that beat your team.

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

J_Manziel2 wrote:
TheLot wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote: Caldwell went with what was working. Caldwell dropped numerous wide open passes in the first half so the offense had to rely on the run even more
Aha. You are a Trimble follower. Makes sense to bash a kid on the team that beat your team.
Having watched a little bit from both teams I must say the QB from Danville is more well rounded. However, you still have to cover the pass and watch out for him running. Both teams are good, it's why they got this far. Neither team is just going to let the other run or pass all over them. But hey, as long as they all play hard and have fun while learning a few lessons along the way than its all good. Just remember that Goliad was stopped. An undefeated Patriots team lost to the Giants in a super bowl and what should and could happen doesn't always. Go skins!

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

At this level of football, how many teams actually have a QB that's going to stand in the pocket and complete 70-75% of their passes? Not many. Clark is a fine dual-threat QB. Every QB misses on some throws and make some mistakes. Hell, I watched East's QB throw 4 picks in the first half. Caldwell utilizes a quick attack. A lot of screens, out routes and quick hitters. Then once they've got the defense thinking about those, they'll take a shot downfield. Both teams are very solid, and it's hard to compare the two because they do things so differently.

Ksaboljr
Waterboy

Post by Ksaboljr »

If we (Caldwell) can control the clock like we did in the second half against Trimble, with either Clark, Ivey, Lori or other, I give us a good a chance as anyone has had against them. Keep that offense off the field and they can't be explosive. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I will go with Danville by 20. I think it will be close for 2 1/2 quarters then team talent will take over as emotions fade.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

Does Danville have a good defensive line that can counter Caldwells up front?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has the kinda team that you like to have when pulling a big upset. Got to stick to script play good defense and pound the ball and grind the clock.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

No common opponent but for what it's worth. Danville beat Fredericktown bad. Fredericktown beat Fort Frye 13-0 and Fort Frye beat Caldwell 15-9. Obviously that all means nothing, but that's the best you can come up with since no common opponent

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

J_Manziel2 wrote:Does Danville have a good defensive line that can counter Caldwells up front?
That is Danville's strength is there D line, and they rotate quite a bit. Need a great D line to have as many shutouts as they have had. They shut out a Lucas team who is in the elite 8 and averaging over 45 points a game, and they run it 95% of the time. Even the QB plays on the D line.

xc88
Waterboy

Post by xc88 »

WIn or lose the redskins will show and play friday nite. Do not think they will be intimidated by Danville. They will play hard and whatever happens, happens. They are here because they deserve to be and if it is to be, they will play next week, if not they will roll out the round balls and the wrestling gear and start again. Good luck to the skins.

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

A big key for Danville this year is keeping players fresh. They have 5 players only playing defense, and 2 LB's who rotate series on offense with each other. Basically playing 7 players one way, with subs who rotate in as well.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

Good Luck to Caldwell!!! You will have a lot of support from Washington County!!!!!!!!!!

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

kicker56 wrote:
J_Manziel2 wrote:Does Danville have a good defensive line that can counter Caldwells up front?
That is Danville's strength is there D line, and they rotate quite a bit. Need a great D line to have as many shutouts as they have had. They shut out a Lucas team who is in the elite 8 and averaging over 45 points a game, and they run it 95% of the time. Even the QB plays on the D line.
I think Caldwells strength is the O-Line so that's going to be the big match up to look for. I don't think Caldwells D-Line will have that big of an impact as Danville throws the quick routes.

Columbusredskin
Waterboy

Post by Columbusredskin »

This will be the toughest matchup of the year for both teams. Danville's pass offense is a beast and so is Caldwell's run game. Caldwell's secondary is fast and they hit hard. Both teams offensive & defensive lines are stout so buckle up, this should be a good one!

Randyp5763
Waterboy

Post by Randyp5763 »

Columbusredskin wrote:This will be the toughest matchup of the year for both teams. Danville's pass offense is a beast and so is Caldwell's run game. Caldwell's secondary is fast and they hit hard. Both teams offensive & defensive lines are stout so buckle up, this should be a good one!
I think this is the first post I agree with entirely. It will be a great game and either team will represent region 25 well! Would love to a regular season game with these two teams.

kicker56
Riding the Bench

Post by kicker56 »

Columbusredskin wrote:This will be the toughest matchup of the year for both teams. Danville's pass offense is a beast and so is Caldwell's run game. Caldwell's secondary is fast and they hit hard. Both teams offensive & defensive lines are stout so buckle up, this should be a good one!
Hope you're right, and we will find out Friday night if you are. Danville's already played two teams that are still in the playoffs as well, so it will be interesting to see where Caldwell stacks up. Maybe you take out Danville.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

How comfortable is Caldwell defense in space? That will be the key for them. Most D7 schools struggle in this aspect and that is were Danville thrives offensively. Besides Lucas, Danville has not really been tested by an offensive powerhouse so far. Harvest Prep got to the edges a couple times with their speedy athletes (they had many)...and they were able to throw some to make defenders respect the pass. If Caldwell has a balanced approach that may be effective. Whoever wins I like their chances getting to the Shoe!

Return to “Football”