All Conference

Re: coal grove vs lucasville valley

Post by NICKNEVADA »

valley 23-13

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Coming from a guy that's been to MORE THAN ONE game for EACH TEAM, Coal Grove has a clear advantage in speed strength and size... Now, that doesn't mean that they are a clear favorite. I like the way that Valley plays and their coaching style. This is a good team.

Good luck to both teams on Friday night. Friday will be a good one and a big night for both squads!

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

My point then would be I have seen Valley play, they are bringing the same team from last year, as are we minus a few players that, so far we are showing that their leaving is not hurt our offense or defense one bit.

Lets look at this years Valley team another way, Valley beat Rock Hill last year 41-13 at their field, the Redmen come to Valley this year and you guys can only beat them by a score of 14-0, that really doesn't show any improvement on the part of Valley, and I don't need to hear that Rock Hill is improved, that may be, but they haven't improved that much, it looks to me that Valley has played two weaker opponets in the first two weeks, what makes Valley think they will keep up with Coal Grove in this one, the Grove has already been battle tested this year in week one and this past week we imposed our will on Paint Valley and scored basically whenever we felt like it.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 3 2-0 Coal Grove vs. 2-0 Valley

Post by mattash »

This has to be game of the week. Going to take Coal Grove by less than a td

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

I think the Grove will win this one by at least two tds.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

lineman7 wrote:
2trap_4ever wrote:.... a good warmup for next week.

I can tell you right now that if CG comes in thinking this is a warmup they are in for a shocking surprise. Valley has about 5 players who can score from any point of the field at any time. CG will be stronger but Valley will be much faster... Classic speed vs. strength matchup

lineman7,

I watched Coal Grove play this year and can tell you that they have a lot of speed! You will be surprised.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Coal Grove has a lot of team speed this year.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

I love the passion being shown. :122245

For the record, I believe CG is the favored team going into this game. Fortunately, wins aren't earned on the internet nor are they earned by what looks best on paper from previous experience. I hope the game is as exciting as the talk on here has been and will be.

Again, best of luck to both teams.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

2trap_4ever wrote:My point then would be I have seen Valley play, they are bringing the same team from last year, as are we minus a few players that, so far we are showing that their leaving is not hurt our offense or defense one bit.

Lets look at this years Valley team another way, Valley beat Rock Hill last year 41-13 at their field, the Redmen come to Valley this year and you guys can only beat them by a score of 14-0, that really doesn't show any improvement on the part of Valley, and I don't need to hear that Rock Hill is improved, that may be, but they haven't improved that much, it looks to me that Valley has played two weaker opponets in the first two weeks, what makes Valley think they will keep up with Coal Grove in this one, the Grove has already been battle tested this year in week one and this past week we imposed our will on Paint Valley and scored basically whenever we felt like it.

And thats what you get when simply looking at the box score. Valley had over 450 yards of offense, but a few turnovers and stupid penalties killed scoring opprotunities. Valley also took a knee with 2 mins to go from about the 15..

Anyways, thanks for the warnings and etc. guys, but CG especially should know that of friday nights anything can happen. Remember when Valley was riding a 40 game regular season winning streak and CG was a pretty good underdog, but still came out on top 24-12? I do, because I was on the field. Were we better that year, probably....but the Hornets wanted it more.

Valley is going to come to play, so hopefully we dont strain your muscles to much in this warm-up game.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

if valley only beat the redmen by 14, ill have to take cg by 21 maybe more.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

I've seen both teams play and Coal has more speed than Valley. But if the grove plays bad or turn the ball over several times Valley is more than capable of an upset.

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

i have seen the hornets and have only seen vally on the vally broadcast on here last week with rock hill didnt watch it all but i do think it will be a good game. what worries me is the way we won over pv i hope they have a good week and they keep a level head comming into this game. cant have a slip up or over look anyone they have to win if they want a chance at the playoffs. vally is a good team i think the coaches on both sides will have there teams ready and it will be a good game. the players on both sides are kids anything can happen. i know that pv was suprised last fri i dont think anyone espected that game to be a blow out.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Coal Grove is a very good team, they could possibly go 10-0 this year...I think they run the ball up and down the field all night and make a short game for the indians, I'll take them by 3 scores, maybe more...

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

Coal Grove should win by 2 tds as long as their heads don't swell.

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

Game of the week! I don't think so. Wheelersburg and Portsmouth wins that hands down! Valley will finally be tested.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

This is a must win for Valley if they are to make the playoffs.

That being said Valley plays well but the Grove just has too much for the Indians.
Valley 20
Coal Grove 35

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

the indians are gonna smash the hornets with a fly swatter haha

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Speed is relative. If the opponent is slower, u look slower. You dont need to run that fast to cover gaps or string plays out laterally. I am impressed with Valleys total offense. They were either faster to the outside or Crabtrees classic traps and guts were right on vs RH. Valley will key on Delawder (sp?) for sure. I havent seen either team play so I say good luck to both and I hope the Indians win. Go soc2!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da Grove will win

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

[quote="theman"]the indians are gonna smash the hornets with a fly swatter haha[/quote

we will ignore your post and act like you are not a regular Valley poster.

should be a good game but I see CG'S Running attack wearing Valley down around the late 2nd quarter

Return to “Football”