Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week 3 Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth

Post by Westfan »

Watching burg the other night. They are good. They have the experience and athleticism in the defensive backfield to play Portsmouth's receivers. They will make Portsmouth 1 dimensional and chase Meyers all-over the field. Portsmouth is much better this year, but they still have a ways to go. I'll take the burg by 2 td's.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

The Burg is going to run the table this year, mark my words. I know a lot of "FANS" were licking their chops when Ironton beat them as soundly as they did. What they fail to realize, Ironton is really good this year. You can never gauge the quality of either team by who wins/loses the Ironton/Burg game. It is by far the toughest game played in our area, on opening night. Everyone else usually loads up on cupcakes.

Anyway, I'm not a Burg fan until week 11 but I don't see anyone beating them this year. I do see Minford giving them a tough game, they usually do but in the end, I see the Burg running the table. I see Portsmouth score with SP vs the Burg score against SP. It's not a total indicator on things to come but it sure makes for interesting reading and gives us "arm chair quarterbacks" something to chew on.

As always, I wish the very best to both teams. Hopefully, the injury bug doesn't bite you this week.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I've also stated on here that I expect the Burg to go through the SOCII slate without losing.
They should be in the top 4 in the region once again.

I like Wheelersburg in this one, 27-14.

Archie
Waterboy

Post by Archie »

Portsmouth needs a better offensive scheme than they have had the first 2 games. Give the players a chance!

tartan_warrior
Waterboy

Post by tartan_warrior »

portsmouth played there hearts saturday against a rather good portsmouth west team but the better be on there a-game to play wheelersburg. Lets look at the stats portsmouth strugled with southpoint and the burg had no problems with them. For portsmouth to win they are going to have to be playing on all cylinders. But I see the Burg being to much for them. Good Luck to both Teams

Burg-28
Portsmouth-21

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Neutron Man

I thought I read where you said you was going to this game?

did you hear the PA man doing these things?

the PA announcer at all games are for the HOME TEAM, have you ever been to Jackson??

if he is annoying the visiting team, that usualy means the visiting team is losing and he is excited at any game.

by the way,I heard the Burg P.A. announcer was still calling the Burg /Ironton game last friday against South Point :lol: :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

sportsfan43 wrote:Neutron Man

the PA announcer at all games are for the HOME TEAM, have you ever been to Jackson??

if he is annoying the visiting team, that usualy means the visiting team is losing and he is excited at any game.

by the way,I heard the Burg P.A. announcer was still calling the Burg /Ironton game last friday against South Point :lol: :lol:

While yes I wanted to go to this game, but had family come in and was forced to stay home!
So Yeah I agree that announcer tend to be partial, but shouldnt be.
Explain the Burg SP thing to me. Cause that really doesnt make sense to me?
It was so boring at that game cause Burg was winning so big that maybe I was asleep when he said this.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Neutron Man wrote:Someone said that Protsmouth's announcer (won't say his name) is annoying in the press box! Is this true? Repeats himself and screams play by plays like he was doing radio. Debating flags that the refs call and just really being partial to the trojans. While I know that an announcer at the home field should be excited that the home team is doing good, but I thought they were supposed to be fair to both teams? If he really does point out defenders that miss plays and repeat himself, than he doesnt need to be in the box. Heard there were a lot of fans looking around like what the heck is this guy saying?

But the most important thing is watching Burg going in and handing Portsmouth their 1st loss this season. And even sweeter is doing it at their new complex. I was cheering for the trojans on staurday that way Burg could go in and break it in.

Gonna be another sell out I believe!

It's the same guy that's been doing it for years. We haven't had a lot of complaints in the past. I think the thing everyone was referring to was him telling people to get off the fence 5,000 times. I'm sure it was his job to do so for insurance and legal reasons, but you could tell it was annoying people.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Neutron Man wrote:
sportsfan43 wrote:Neutron Man

While yes I wanted to go to this game, but had family come in and was forced to stay home!
So Yeah I agree that announcer tend to be partial, but shouldnt be.
Explain the Burg SP thing to me. Cause that really doesnt make sense to me?
It was so boring at that game cause Burg was winning so big that maybe I was asleep when he said this.

it was a joke,,at one point the annoncer gave the score,and said Burg 24...Ironton 0...... 8) but then corrected it.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Hmm must've missed that one.
But anyhow.

Burg 31
Portsmouth 14

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I actualy think Burg wil win bigger then that, I say by 4 touchdowns, and maybe even more If Portsmouth doesnt look for the onside kick when Burg is up by 28 or more.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

sportsfan43 wrote:I actualy think Burg wil win bigger then that, I say by 4 touchdowns, and maybe even more If Portsmouth doesnt look for the onside kick when Burg is up by 28 or more.

Yeah I dont understand that one?
Its like, Hey we're beating you but we wanna demolish you!
I dont agree with that!

Portsmouth actually stands a chance if Burg plays Lang at QB all game!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Trojans are definitely the underdogs..........as stated in other posts, we need to play 4 quarters of football to have any chance of winning........Go Trojans!

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Is Bendolph playing corner for burg? If so, I think it would be an excellent matchup between him and Wayne Evans.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Bendolph is playing for Burg, but when we was up there friday he was getting limited playing time..from what I seen he was more active in punt returns,and on special teams

j0hN3tSuNaMi
Waterboy

Post by j0hN3tSuNaMi »

Bendolph is QUICK! This kid had some nasty moves against SP. Look for this kid to be a factor towards week 10. Needs to work on his catching skills though, seen him drop a lot of balls. I look for burg to take this one by 3 td's. Trojans just dont have enough, burg has to prove something after getting showed up by ironton!

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

wheelersburg will cruise thru this one.....they r a better team.....burg 35-12

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

j0hN3tSuNaMi wrote:Bendolph is QUICK! This kid had some nasty moves against SP. Look for this kid to be a factor towards week 10. Needs to work on his catching skills though, seen him drop a lot of balls. I look for burg to take this one by 3 td's. Trojans just dont have enough, burg has to prove something after getting showed up by ironton!

I wish Burg would get the full experience of Bendolph's quickness. Cause in 2 games and a scrimmage I've yet to see it.
I've seen be very shifty at PR, but sometimes too much! Hopefully we see it this week!

ptowntrojan_61
Waterboy

Post by ptowntrojan_61 »

South Point came out flat Against Burg they didn't bring anything to the table and were not prepared. Why people keep giving these bold predictions by 4TDs i don't get it Burg is good obviously but 4 TDs no way if they win it will be close Portsmouth is on cloud 9 and Burg wont bring them down.

Portsmouth wins in another close one im gonna say a 7 or maybe less

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Da burg will get a big win but this game will be close

Return to “Football”