Fairland 52 Tolsia 14

mattash
Site Admin

Fairland 52 Tolsia 14

Post by mattash »

Must win for Fairland if they want to think playoffs.

jl724
JV Team

Re: Week 3 Fairland vs. Tolsia (WV)

Post by jl724 »

ill take fairland in this one.
IF the coaching staff has more than 5 plays in there playbook this week.

Jefro Monro
Waterboy

Post by Jefro Monro »

I agree with jl724. Fairland should win and need to win if they want to take their program into the playoffs, but the defensive coordinator for Tulsa should not have alot of plays to prepare. Qb sneak left Qb sneak rt QB sneak middle outta shotgun.. Boomer left boomer rt or boomer go deep.. However, those to young men are quality athletes and can score anytime they touch the ball. That would be the hard part preparing for Fariland. Keep the ball out of their hands.

Fairland must throw in some short passing game with Fisher rolling left or rt with the option to pass. Or some type of hot route when Fairland goes 5 wide. There is no way a defensive team can match up with Fairland's athletes. But for some reason they tend to go deep on most of there pass plays. I would love to see some type of flood route or quick pass. Both games against West and Meigs when Fairland went 5 wide, atleast one of the receivers were uncovered or given a 15 yrd cushion. Immediately check and get the ball into their hands for a 6 or 8 yrd gain.
Just my opinion and everyone has one.

Anyway i think the Dragons will win this one, having alot of confidence from the previous 2 weeks. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and Dragons can roll into OVC play 4-1.

Good luch to Both Teams!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons D will need to step up and stop Tolsia big fullback. He is a load. If the dragons stay healthy and doesn't turn the ball over I see them winning by 2 tds.Jefro you are right about one thing Fish and Boomer can take it all the way on any giving play. It is to early for FHS to be thinking playoffs. They need to take it one game at a time and improve every week. I think this team has been well prepared each week.

Pioneer_PA
Freshman Team

Post by Pioneer_PA »

This is a young Tolsia team that is not quite up to par with the teams of the past 5-6 years there. They really struggled in their first game with mistakes on special teams and offensively. It's really hard to judge their defense, because they were placed in extremely difficult situations in that first game.

Granted, you make a big improvement between week 1 and week 2, so I suspect Tolsia will play much better than it did at Magnolia, but Fairland has to win this game to be a playoff-type team this year.

ACE IT
Waterboy

Post by ACE IT »

If you only need 5 plays to get it done, then that is what you do. It's easy to coach from a computer or the stands. I think everyone needs to leave schemes and playcalling with the folks that work with the players on a daily basis. I feel sure that the coaches are doing what they see fit for their personnel, as long as they are putting the players in the best position for success.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

I don't have a problem with the play calling bc they have Bloomfield and fisher who can make the horrible play calling work bc there athletes..
I'm just worried about fisher gettin hurt runnin the ball thatmany times..

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

6-6
1:11 left in the first

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 13
tolsia 6
6:35 left in second

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 26
Tolsia 6
half

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fairland 52
Tolsia 14
final

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Fhs started slow and turned it on before half. Fairland had over 600 yds of offense. Bloomfield made some great cuts tonight and the whole team came up with big play after big play. We can not afford to come out flat next week or will come home losers. Sowards and Riley both had long tds. And Malcom showed tonight he is a hitter who will have to be reckoned with in the future. Good win tonight and now lets put this one to bed and get ready for Sheldon Clark next week. GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

love4thegame
Waterboy

Re: Fairland 52 Tolsia 14

Post by love4thegame »

Tolsia's star running back broke his leg on the third play of the game last night. We wish him a quick recovery!
Not only is he their leading rusher he leads the team on tackles on defense. A big loss for Tolsia, also the stupid actions of another Tolsia player was ejected and after that Fairland ran away with game. Congrats to all Fairland players on a good game. Tolsia is a young team that will only improve next year.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

speedy recovery to that young man-I hate to hear things like that.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

When does Fairland play Coal Grove? I want the Dragons to kick the snot out of the HOOOrnets.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Dragons play Coal Grove in week 10!

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

I think this Fairland team is gonna make some noise this year....if they lose fisher or bloomfiled then its gonna be a quiet season....

Return to “Football”