Week 6 Ironton @ Jonathan Alder

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 6 Ironton @ Jonathan Alder

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm so glad he is back pappy, that poor feller has had it so rough, with all the injuries.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

FIDO wrote:
clbbig wrote:A way for Ironton to score more is to throw the ball . oh no wait they dont do that.

I thought I read they had over 100 yds passing against GAHS...Maybe I read it wrong.
Ironton was 7-12 for 154 yards

readn,writn,&rt243
Riding the Bench

Post by readn,writn,&rt243 »

Who knows, I thought Ironton would win by 3 TD's last week, if they play the same next week it will be over before halftime. Ironton in for a tough 3 game stretch, but I'm sure coach is focusing on one game at a time. We may get some insight into this matchup tomorrow as, rumor has it, I AM FORREST will be in town since he is on a bye-week.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

readn,writn,&rt243 wrote:Who knows, I thought Ironton would win by 3 TD's last week, if they play the same next week it will be over before halftime. Ironton in for a tough 3 game stretch, but I'm sure coach is focusing on one game at a time. We may get some insight into this matchup tomorrow as, rumor has it, I AM FORREST will be in town since he is on a bye-week.
Gallipolis has a good defense and Ironton just about always finds a way to win.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Good Luck to Ironton but yall in for a long night.... noreply Coate did coach at Logan back in the early 80'''s and he has a nasty history with Ironton stemming with the 1982 game on the hilltop....

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Alder, Jackson, and Bishop Hartley. Doesn't get any easier for the Tigers. Winning 2 of these games would be a victory.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Ironton's playoff lives are on the line the next 3 weeks. If they go 3-0, they are in 2-1 they have a shot, ne thing less than 2-1, they are probably out.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

indianabuck wrote:Ironton's playoff lives are on the line the next 3 weeks. If they go 3-0, they are in 2-1 they have a shot, ne thing less than 2-1, they are probably out.
Ironton has an excellent chance to make the playoffs at 6-4; but of course a good showing by the Fighting Tigers over the rest of the season (especially the next 3 weeks) would bode well for playoff success.

Check out Drew Pasteur's web site for playoff berth chances

http://www.fantastic50.net/index.php?pr=Ohio_Berths

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'll be attending both the Alder and Hartley games up here and personally don't think they'll win either one but you never know. Hartley beat a good Amanda-Clearcreek team quite handily earlier this year and they won't forget about that regular season loss last year down there even though they turned the tables in the playoff's. Alder is better than last year IMO. The Jackson game could be a good one for the Tigers and would give them a lot of computer points with a win. Jackson is not as explosive as both Alder and Hartley and play more to Ironton's style. It'll be a tough 3 week stretch for sure but like someone said earlier, if Ironton can go 2-1 in those games it will bode well for the playoffs for sure. Good luck Tigers !!!!!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Der Dutchman is a little better than okay. I'd take it over Bob Evans and Frisch's. Not quite as good as it used to be though. There is a Montgomery Inn in Dublin, just about a 15 minute ride over to Plain City. Also it is a chain resturant, but I'm a Cracker Barrel fan and there is one on 70 at Hilliard Rome Road.

Enjoy the trip Tiger fans.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'd like to see Ironton win but I've got Alder winning those contest

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

C-Bolt wrote:Good Luck to Ironton but yall in for a long night.... noreply Coate did coach at Logan back in the early 80'''s and he has a nasty history with Ironton stemming with the 1982 game on the hilltop....
Guy's Coate will if he gets a chance will rub ironton nose in the dirt! All you tigers better be prepare because he remenbers 1982 game and he also will rub Logan's nose in the dirt because they fired him!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

moonshine wrote:
C-Bolt wrote:Good Luck to Ironton but yall in for a long night.... noreply Coate did coach at Logan back in the early 80'''s and he has a nasty history with Ironton stemming with the 1982 game on the hilltop....
Guy's Coate will if he gets a chance will rub ironton nose in the dirt! All you tigers better be prepare because he remenbers 1982 game and he also will rub Logan's nose in the dirt because they fired him!
Dont know why anyone associated with Logan would be mad about 1982. Iron ton leading 42-0 and called the dogs off. Unless it was the embarrassment of the blow out. I would think that if this coach ever got up on ironton he would show the same class that was afforded to him when he got drubbed.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Don't think this game will be the blow out most are expecting.
I believe Ironton will turn it around and get the win high hopes maybe but faith in Ironton most definitively

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Wasn't Ironton closest to winning the state since 1989, the year they went 6-3, 1999 I believe? I know it was one of the first years the state took 8 from each region, and if they hadn't, Ironton would not have made the playoffs. But they came in at #8 and won the region and lost to......Perkins? Not sure on the facts, someone help me.

So I can see Ironton making the playoffs at 6-4 IF and only IF the 6 teams they beat are winning some games. If they do make it in, lookout, after their schedule, they would be a highly probably 8 seed knocking off a 1 in round #1.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

sprinter14 wrote:Wasn't Ironton closest to winning the state since 1989, the year they went 6-3, 1999 I believe? I know it was one of the first years the state took 8 from each region, and if they hadn't, Ironton would not have made the playoffs. But they came in at #8 and won the region and lost to......Perkins? Not sure on the facts, someone help me.

So I can see Ironton making the playoffs at 6-4 IF and only IF the 6 teams they beat are winning some games. If they do make it in, lookout, after their schedule, they would be a highly probably 8 seed knocking off a 1 in round #1.
I believe they nearly won state after going 5-5 they went for it on forth down I think instead of punting so this isn't a team to discount at anytime.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

Ironton finished 10-4 in 1999.

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

I know that the Fighting TIGERS have what it takes to win this game.

GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Thanks for adding that Phil, I thought my memory was correct at 6-3 entering the playoffs. They went 4-1 in the playoffs to go 10-4. They were still independent (between OKAC and SEOAL) and only had a 9 game schedule that year.

The SEOAL thinks asking their members to drop Ironton is doing some big thing, but obviously scheduling 9 games and going 6-3 can still put you in the state championship game...... if you don't schedule OVC teams.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Only 2 of Alder's first five opponents have winning records -- Marysville (4-1) and Clinton-Massie (3-2). The other 3 are each 1-4. It's a workable game for Ironton with some huge second level points waiting for the Tigers.
I highly recommend Der Dutchman. It's not quite what it once was, but I'd take it any day over Bob's, Cracker Barrel or the other big chains.
Good luck and safe trip.

Return to “Football”