Wheelersburg 68 Portsmouth 14

Portsmouth98
All State

Re: Wheelersburg 68 Portsmouth 14 WOW!!!

Post by Portsmouth98 »

biggdowgg wrote:this score could have been worse, they had one touchdown called back.....we couldnt tackle anyone.

I heard one of our players make a coment after the game, that these two backs was much much toughr to tacle then Pendlton last week...and thats saying something!

good luck to burg

Who knows how much harder to tackle they are, we didn't get very many chances to even touch them.

Go Bucks!
Waterboy

Post by Go Bucks! »

[I GUESS week 5 will tell![/quote]

Oh yes, the oak hill game will tell us wonders about burg...rofl[/quote]

LOL, i thought Burg ALWAYs played the clipped falcons in week 5!! My bad!! Week 6, sounds good!![/quote]

Burg plays Rock Hill away Week 5

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Go bucks, thanks!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i never in a million years would have thought this game would be this bad. good luck to the trojans the rest of the year

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

portsmouth_98 wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:this score could have been worse, they had one touchdown called back.....we couldnt tackle anyone.

I heard one of our players make a coment after the game, that these two backs was much much toughr to tacle then Pendlton last week...and thats saying something!

good luck to burg

Who knows how much harder to tackle they are, we didn't get very many chances to even touch them.

LOL, go trojans, and fricken win some games!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

trojanofthepast wrote:
wobycat wrote:
juke boxer wrote:Good game Pirates. But.....An onside kick with 1:33 left in the half against SP, when you are already up 28-0, and running up the score against Portsmouth. Coaches have a way of not forgetting these things. Good win and keep going.

Burg only scored 20 points in second half to portsmouth 7
1st team scored first 7 then 14 by the jv team with one coming late in the fourth, no running up the score.

I believe it's our defenses job to stop them from scoring. I don't blame Burg for the running up the score. It's not fair to ask those second and third string kids to not try. Those 2nd and 3rd string kids practice every day also for Burg. Portsmouth needs to realize this is only one game and must regain their focus to start league play next week. Were 2-1 and in my opinion only need 6-7 wins with our schedule to make the playoffs. I thought Simpson played well for the Trojans. The kid catches everything that's thrown to him. My advice to the Trojans is forget about it and focus on Jackson. This score means nothing more than a loss. You don't get more or less computer points for how much you win or lose by. Jackson is big points for the playoff hunt.

i couldn't agree more. i don't care if it is first or third string. they all practice the same plays every day. burg was just doin everything right and the triojans defense couldn't stop them. i mean i agree 100% what do you do tell your second and third string to just lay down and basically play dead? i think not. portsmouth is a young team and it showed tonight. best of luck the rest of the season

Neutron Man
All State

Re: Wheelersburg 68 Portsmouth 14

Post by Neutron Man »

Good Game BurG!

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Burg they totally dominated the Trojans in tonight's win and they are a very good football team but when will the Portsmouth City Schools finally decide it is time for a coaching change. I mean come on 68 points. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome of the game because it wouldn't have the Burg still would have won they were the better team but maybe if they made some adjustments on the DEFENSE they could have kept the score a little closer.

Congrats to the Burg on a fine win

Trojans keep your heads up and lets get ready for Jackson

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

WOW!!! What a score!!

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Hats off to the P.A. announcer last night- he was a completely different person than last week at their home opener- sounded a lot better tonight- to the young men from portsmouth in their body paint that came over on the burg side to cheer for their team and disrepect the burg fans, bad judgement- good decision by the ppd to move them on. ;-) very nice stadium great atmosphere- if i may add i was really surprised with the outcome i watched portsmouth play against west i thought this game would be a closer game- nice job burg keep it up

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

trojanbacker97 wrote:I'm not trying to take anything away from the Burg they totally dominated the Trojans in tonight's win and they are a very good football team but when will the Portsmouth City Schools finally decide it is time for a coaching change. I mean come on 68 points. I'm not saying it would have changed the outcome of the game because it wouldn't have the Burg still would have won they were the better team but maybe if they made some adjustments on the DEFENSE they could have kept the score a little closer.

Congrats to the Burg on a fine win

Trojans keep your heads up and lets get ready for Jackson

I feel that this program is being driven into the ground. How do some of the younger teams look?

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

when the season is all said and done Portsmouths record will be 3 and 7. SOC 2 will be Minford or The Burg. Sorry P-town fans but this is the way I see it playing out for you guys this year.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Burg#1 wrote:Hats off to the P.A. announcer last night- he was a completely different person than last week at their home opener- sounded a lot better tonight-

That's good as he was completely over the top the week before. It sounds like someone said something after all the complaints. You know it is bad when the Portsmouth fans were complaining about him last week.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

WOW....WOW....Im sitting here stunned right now....where was this Burg team when they played Ironton. Looks like Woodward got the most out of his team last night.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Wheelersburg Pirates on their win.......they totally dominated the game........they were faster and better than Portsmouth.

For our Trojans, it's just one game as I posted before this was played.......I felt going into the season that Wheelersburg and Ironton would be our two toughest games........we are still 2-1, with 7 games left.........

I'm sticking with my prediction of 7-3 because there are some winnable games on the schedule......obviously we have to improve, but it is possible to do that.

As I told one of the kids today, they have to put it behind them and move on.......it's not the end of the world, and there's still a lot of football left.

One other note.......in 2007, Portsmouth went 8-2 and made the playoffs.......the only 2 losses were to Zanesville 56-14 and Logan 61-14.......so it very possible for the Trojans to forget about this game and still make the postseason.

AS ALWAYS, GO TROJANS!!!

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

demaniac1 wrote:there were a bunch of offsetting personal foul penalties in the 1st quarter, i didnt see the game but listening to radio just assumed Bendolph was involved!! LOL! It was quite a game early on!!!

Bendolph was not involved in any personal fouls,probably not even on field when they happened, or if he was not close to any action.Now Portsmouth did have a cheer ABOUT him.But I doubt he heard it.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

nobodyspecial wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:there were a bunch of offsetting personal foul penalties in the 1st quarter, i didnt see the game but listening to radio just assumed Bendolph was involved!! LOL! It was quite a game early on!!!

Bendolph was not involved in any personal fouls,probably not even on field when they happened, or if he was not close to any action.Now Portsmouth did have a cheer ABOUT him.But I doubt he heard it.

He was involved in plenty of scuffles, I honesty couldn't say who instigated them, but he was face to face to with a few Trojans a couple different times in the first.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

nobodyspecial wrote:

he was involved in the very first one,and at least two others.......like posted above,,who started them.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

portsmouth_98 wrote:

good luck to burg

I think thats being a little harsh on the kids that went out and did what they could,and are probably sitting home with a few bumps and bruises

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Well, I'm not saying it was a total defensive lapse. They just executed like crazy, on one of his long runs the center got a block 15 yards down field, you don't see that very much at any level.

Return to “Football”