WK4 Oak Hill @ Trimble

riverball
JV Team

Re: WK4 Oak Hill @ Trimble

Post by riverball »

Don't let it bother you Oakie. Trimble lives in their own world. They never show anyone any respect.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Looks like we could have Wheelersburg, Oak Hill, Minford, and Coal Grove all finish at 9-1 this year! Oak Hill needs these D6 teams to start racking up the wins.
Symmes Valley should win at least 7. I think East could eek out 6 or so. Trimble needs to start winning. Rock Hill could win 3 this year.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Or Oak Hill could be 10-0, big game this week. Let's go Oaks!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Way to go oaks!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Bucknut27 wrote:Or Oak Hill could be 10-0, big game this week. Let's go Oaks!

It'll be 9-1 for the Oaks this year and probably a trip to the playoffs! Congrats - it's been a long time coming.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

fuzzhead wrote:
Bucknut27 wrote:Or Oak Hill could be 10-0, big game this week. Let's go Oaks!

It'll be 9-1 for the Oaks this year and probably a trip to the playoffs! Congrats - it's been a long time coming.

You must be Nostradamous? I'm just glad they are going to get to atleast play the game this week.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was at this game Friday ... Oak HIll had just to many athletes for Trimble tonight, especially their QB ... His stat line wasn't jaw dropping, but what he did in the first quarter dictated the rest of the game ... He ripped the Tomcat D to shreds the first 12:00 minutes of the game; then as Trimble went back on its heels, the 200-pound tailback ran right over top of em for about 160+ yards and 2 TD's.

I will say though - that I would have liked to have seen these two teams play last year. Trimble was a better overall team with passing capabilities and I think the game would have been pretty close.

You may get a Nelsonville-York Versus Oak Hill match-up in the playoffs ... so maybe we'll see if that Athens County team fares any better against the Mighty Oaks and their high powered Offense.

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

WAY TO GO OAKS!!!!

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

93bulldog ,The Oaks have to win this friday to get in the playoffs.IMO their league schedule is very weak. This fridays game with Minford is a playoff game.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to Oak Hill, big win, at a tough place to play. I wonder how long it has been since the Tomcats suffered such a big defeat at home?

boilermaker, you've made a great point there. Unless Oak Hill can defeat Minford, making the playoffs may be a stretch. The teams they have played are a combined 2-14 (both D IV schools are 0-4) and after Minford, they play five D VI schools that as of this morning, are a combined 9-10 (Notre Dame plays tonight).

They are not going to pick up alot of secondary points with their opponents being smaller, and having poor records. Beating Minford on their home field would go a long way in opening up the door to the post season.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

You guys are correct that they may not pick up many secondary points for their wins but at least you get first level points for wins, last time I looked you get 0 for a loss no matter what the record or division of the competition. I think they'll be happy taking their chances for the playoffs with 8 or 9 wins guranteed. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

riverball wrote:Don't let it bother you Oakie. Trimble lives in their own world. They never show anyone any respect.

were not all bad here in trimble land, good job oak hill, they flat out out played us. good luck the rest of the year!

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Nice post tomcatdad. Touch of class. Nice to see. Good luck to you as well. I know you have a tuff one next week at Fairland as well.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

A-town, you are absolutely correct, a win is a win and it gets you first level points. Looking at the other teams in Region19, Oak Hill is going to have a tough time getting in at 9-1. The second level points become much more critical as the season progresses. Good news is that the top two teams in Region 19 lost last night, but other teams won and will be moving up.

There have been quite a few 9-1 teams not make the playoffs since going to the current format. If memory serves me correctly, there have been a handful of 10-0 teams not make the playoffs. I believe that Newcomerstown was the last 10-0 team to not make the dance back in 2003.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

In '07, Coal Grove finished 7-2 and finished 9th in the Region. Them missing the playoffs came down to a game between Southern and Eastern on saturday in week 10.

This Coal Grove team played only 9 games (a good 10-0 or 9-1 East team that CG would have probably beaten cancelled their game with the Hornets).
Of their 7 wins, 3 came against 1-9 teams (Lawrence County, Ky; Northwest; River Valley); 1 came against a 3-7 team (Chesapeake); 1 came against a 4-6 Valley team; 1 came against a 5-5 South Point team; and Rock Hill (7-3 + playoffs) was the only team they beat all year with a winning record.
Oak Hill can get in at 9-1, I think.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

All I can say is wow :!: :122246 :!: :122246

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Steely I don't mean to imply that they will or won't make the playoffs with 9 wins, I am merely stating my personal opinion that the team will take their chances of getting in with 8 or 9 instead of a tougher non league that may not net them any points with losses. Again just my opinion.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

A-Town, Absolutely and I respect your opinion, and don't necessarily disagree with you. There is alot of football yet to be played, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. One thing that will certainly help Oak Hill is if Trimble runs the table in the Hocking. Those five wins will help them a great deal in second level points.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Where are koondogger, w cat, dog and h. cossell?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

cg 22 wrote:Where are koondogger, w cat, dog and h. cossell?

Filling up on humble pie and crow pudding so they will have the strength for the trip to Fairland next week :?: :idea: :lol:

Return to “Football”