WK4 Eastern @ River Valley

I smell good
JV Team

Re: WK4 Eastern @ River Valley

Post by I smell good »

classof86 wrote:This is just another bump in the road for Eastern on their way to the State Championship.

You're kidding right? :lol:

Billy Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy Hoyle »

If River Valley can do a better job in three key areas they can pick up their first win of the season:
1. Don't turn the ball over - I believe they did a better job of this last week
2. The line has to continue to improve - They must be able to move the chains with the ground game & protect the qb. Defensively they need to change the line of scrimmage and get in the backfield and make plays.
3. Make tackles in the open field - This has been a historic problem at RV. They give up so many big plays that it just deflates the team and the fans. The db's need to do a better job of locating the ball carrier and making tackles to save those long td runs.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

pbuck wrote:River Valley in a close game

Didn't you say East over Eastern big last week?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Number 2 is a fine receiver for Eastern and the QB does a fine job of getting him the ball. They have some good athletes. RV will have to stop the fades and the short trapping game. This game could be interesting since people say the Raiders are improving but on the other hand Eastern is gaining confidence.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Big win for the EAGLES last week.BUT that was last week.DDDDDD has got to get BETTER and cut down on the turnovers.EAGLES 20 raiders 6

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

wildthingRV wrote:I promise, ZD was wasn't fast, just huge and punishing

"ZB" not "ZD" 2 completely different people.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Billy Hoyle wrote:If River Valley can do a better job in three key areas they can pick up their first win of the season:
2. The line has to continue to improve - They must be able to move the chains with the ground game & protect the qb. Defensively they need to change the line of scrimmage and get in the backfield and make plays.
3. Make tackles in the open field - This has been a historic problem at RV. They give up so many big plays that it just deflates the team and the fans. The db's need to do a better job of locating the ball carrier and making tackles to save those long td runs.

The biggest problem i have seen on the Raider Defense is the LB's won't step into the holes on the trap plays let the RB's get to the secondary.
I don't know if it is a read thing or they are told to play a certain spot and hole?
Someone needs to learn to read the guards.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

Eastern scores early and de-moralizes the Raiders...

35-6

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

tommygnosis wrote:Eastern scores early and de-moralizes the Raiders...

35-6

Get real! Eastern is as good as Meigs? NO WAY

If RV controls Easterns running game they win if they don't it's 0-4 because Eastern does give up yardage and RV can move the ball and has on better teams.

I think a really close game!! 16-14 either way

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Good Luck RV!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
Billy Hoyle wrote:If River Valley can do a better job in three key areas they can pick up their first win of the season:

The biggest problem i have seen on the Raider Defense is the LB's won't step into the holes on the trap plays let the RB's get to the secondary.
I don't know if it is a read thing or they are told to play a certain spot and hole?
Someone needs to learn to read the guards.

You are absolutely right - reading the guards and open-field tackling are crucial. Reading is a hard thing to get especially for young kids, or ones who haven't gotten the experience yet. It takes time and repetition, but unfortunately, there is never enough time.

Open-field tackling also takes reps. The kids really are trying their hearts out but seem to come up hard and lunge instead of breaking down with the feet firing like pistons. It'll just take time.

Best of luck to my alma mater!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Many posters are foolishly basing their picks on the scrimage between RV and SG and the Eastern and SG game. Football doesn't work like that. This one is too close to call for me. RV seems to struuggle in Homecoming games. However, I give them the edge just because the game is at home (sort of) for them. RV by a few. Should be a good one. I see overtime coming perhaps.

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

GAME DAY!

If the Eagles play hard and with as much emotion as last week they can get the win.

Great job by the Eagle fans last week! Now we just have to get the student section more involved! Lets keep up the good work on the road this week!

GO EAGLES! :mrgreen:

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Garywallace,that was last years score.The boys wearing GREEN are NOT running sideways and playing two hand touch this year.EXPECT it to be a more physical game this year. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

gobucks31 wrote:Garywallace,that was last years score.The boys wearing GREEN are NOT running sideways and playing two hand touch this year.EXPECT it to be a more physical game this year. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey it takes talent to run sideways doesn't it. :lol:

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Eastern 14 - RV 6 @ 7:36 2nd Qtr.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

88 Yd - 1 play scoring drive - pass
EE 21 - RV 6 6:18 2nd.

Another EE score 28 - 6.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

Final

Eastern 41
River Valley 6

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

Congratulations Eastern--keep rolling!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If RV doesn't beat Waterford next week, they'll almost certainly be 0-10.

Return to “Football”