WK4 Eastern @ River Valley

gh123
JV Team

Re: WK4 Eastern @ River Valley

Post by gh123 »

I think its time that people around the TVC start realizing that this Eastern team is a CONTENDER--not a Pretender. :122246

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

tommygnosis wrote:Eastern scores early and de-moralizes the Raiders...

35-6

Your prediction was pretty close :!: ;-)

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Eastern has to travel to beautiful downtown Glouster in two weeks to face a Tomcat team that may very well be 1-4 going into league play. Eastern wins this game, they take the TVC crown.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

fuzzhead wrote:If RV doesn't beat Waterford next week, they'll almost certainly be 0-10.

that game won't even be close waterford by as many as they want, until RV changes coaches on the defensive side of the ball they will give up huge plays,don't matter how good the offense is they can't get a chance to get on track playing so far behind. many people at RV tell me they are fed up with the current defensive staff
i really feel sorry for the kids who work so hard to compete and they aren't getting a fair shake because the coaches are so stupid.

wholesale changes are going to have to be made Blizzardman was right.

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

ole_Bobcat wrote:

35-6

Get real! Eastern is as good as Meigs? NO WAY
If RV controls Easterns running game they win if they don't it's 0-4 because Eastern does give up yardage and RV can move the ball and has on better teams.

I think a really close game!! 16-14 either way

YES WAY!

GREAT WIN EAGLES! Now get ready for Wahama!

GO EAGLES! :mrgreen:

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Screaming Eagle wrote:
ole_Bobcat wrote:

35-6

Get real! Eastern is as good as Meigs? NO WAY
If RV controls Easterns running game they win if they don't it's 0-4 because Eastern does give up yardage and RV can move the ball and has on better teams.

I think a really close game!! 16-14 either way

YES WAY!

GREAT WIN EAGLES! Now get ready for Wahama!

Not even close,Meigs would beat Eastern by 3TD's, The talent level last night was pretty even the big difference is what an earlier poster stated,the inability of the Coaching staff of River Valley to stop the run on the edge as it has been for 5 or 6 years,we need to change the coaching at least on the defensive side of the ball. These kids aren't even getting a chance to compete WHO RUNS a 44 defense these days?

Geesh

Screaming Eagle
Freshman Team

Post by Screaming Eagle »

Most teams around run a 4-4 or some variation. After all if you run a 4-4 and shade your d-line over, your outside backer steps up to the line and it looks like a 5-3.

I don't know if the talent level was even. RV had some really nice players, but I don't know about across the board. #24, #25, #63, #15 were all good looking players, but Eastern as a team was just better, and it showed.

I don't think Meigs would beat Eastern by 3 TD either. They both played vary similar games against RV, and Eastern really tore Meigs up in a passing scrimmage early in the year. I heard Meigs had to put 7 guys out of the box in a prevent defense to cover Eastern's 4 recievers.

None of that means nothing now, so let's get ready for Wahama!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

I like going back and reading all of the predictions and then on Saturday morning reading what really happened :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good job Eastern!!

hound dog
Waterboy

Post by hound dog »

Screaming Eagle wrote:Most teams around run a 4-4 or some variation. After all if you run a 4-4 and shade your d-line over, your outside backer steps up to the line and it looks like a 5-3.

I don't know if the talent level was even. RV had some really nice players, but I don't know about across the board. #24, #25, #63, #15 were all good looking players, but Eastern as a team was just better, and it showed.

I don't think Meigs would beat Eastern by 3 TD either. They both played vary similar games against RV, and Eastern really tore Meigs up in a passing scrimmage early in the year. I heard Meigs had to put 7 guys out of the box in a prevent defense to cover Eastern's 4 recievers.

None of that means nothing now, so let's get ready for Wahama!

As for good looking players didn't you notice #7 was on fire on both D & O. The sad part is because he isn't a senior they won't give him the ball enough. 7 out of 10 plays he was open but #15 wouldn't throw him the ball. He's caught more passes than he hasn't but they aren't giving him much of a chance.

FootballMom81
Waterboy

Post by FootballMom81 »

What about some of those Freshman that are playing? No. 70? Let's give hands up and give them a chance too!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Back breaker for rv!!!!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I gotta say though Blue_nd_Gray, maybe they should keep spreading it out on offense, just run more plays than a QB option out of it! The main problem was that Eastern had at least one huge mismatch that they took advantage of, as I was at this game. Number 2 for Eastern (Johnson?) who is 6'3" had 5'5" Try Noble on him. Eastern just was clicking on all cylinders and made few mistakes. I was way wrong about this game. Congrats to the Eagles. I feel for RV's players, because they play hard.

On another note, RV is not well conditioned. Cody Mac ran out of gas on his 75 yard run. I am not bashing him because that is a coaching issue, but your skill guys shouldn't be rinnning out of gas before they get in the endzone, no matter how far they take it from.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Let me say this, if anyone felt I was bashing Cody on my last post, that was not my intention. I was simply stating that this and other plays, along with many injuries indicates to me a lack of player conditioning for the Raiders. I apologize to all RV fans, players and Coaches, especially Coach McClelland who felt I stepped over the line.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

If you don't think they are in good shape (and feel that it is necessary to say it), then say it and stand behind what you say. Don't apologize for saying what you believe is the truth. Just make better decisions about what you think needs to be mentioned and what is better off remaining unsaid.

So the general approached you and said you crossed the line? :roll:

Hopefully, the boys at RV can bounce back and win some this season.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Well, maybe I shouldn't mention names for examples, but yeah they are not conditioned well in my opinio. Lifting is important, but so are agility drills and sprints.

Return to “Football”