WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: WK4 Minford @ Coal Grove

Post by fuzzhead »

IRONFALCON wrote:First of many true tests to come this season, Minford will be down 10 points when they get off the bus and will probably have a TD or long run called back early so they might as well plan on that.

Oh please do explain this statement.

Please tell me you weren't with that bunch of morons last friday who were whining about the refs after the game. Please, please tell me you weren't in that pack! :shock:

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

fuzzhead wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:First of many true tests to come this season, Minford will be down 10 points when they get off the bus and will probably have a TD or long run called back early so they might as well plan on that.

Please tell me you weren't with that bunch of morons last friday who were whining about the refs after the game. Please, please tell me you weren't in that pack! :shock:

No, I'm just saying that going on the road into a hostile enviroment is tough. I remember several CG fans from last year complaining about officiating after last years game, and I wouldn't be suprised if CG returns the favor.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

IRONFALCON wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:

No, I'm just saying that going on the road into a hostile enviroment is tough. I remember several CG fans from last year complaining about officiating after last years game, and I wouldn't be suprised if CG returns the favor.

I hope that CG doesnt try to plant one of their assistant coaches in the Coal Grove end zone screaming "run" or "pass" as the Minford offensive plays develop.

Should be a sloberknocker for sure. Probably the best overall game in Southern Ohio this weekend.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Bleeding Red wrote:I hope that CG doesnt try to plant one of their assistant coaches in the Coal Grove end zone screaming "run" or "pass" as the Minford offensive plays develop.

Should be a sloberknocker for sure. Probably the best overall game in Southern Ohio this weekend.

I've been calling football games at Coal Grove and all of SE Ohio for 20+ years and I've never seen what you describe happen at Coal Grove or any where else for that matter. Fans, sure, but as we all know, SE Ohio fans can be the most rabid in all of Ohio and they try to "help" their teams as much as possible.

As for your last statement, I totally agree. This should be a knock-down, drag-out game and probably the best in SE Ohio for this week, maybe the season.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

IRONFALCON wrote:
fuzzhead wrote:

I'd say IRONFALCON was in the stands rooting on his team at Minford last week, not complaining about officials at CG. As for feeling CG would return the favor, no, IRONFALCON. As I know the scheduling practices of officials, I would say these game officials were assigned the game two years ago, well before they played at Minford last season. If there is a feeling of a favor being returned, it will be in your head since these official weren't hand picked for this game, they were scheduled a long time before a favor was felt it needed returned.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

IronFalcon since you have never been to a home Coal Grove game let me tell you how it goes, I can promise you that the Grove gets more flags against them at home than on the road, so don't worry about Minford getting a lot of flags thrown, chances are if the yellow hanky is on the ground it will be against Coal Grove.

Billy Hoyle
Waterboy

Post by Billy Hoyle »

Minford wins by 14 or so

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

This will be Minford's first true test. lets face it Minford's first 3 games haven't exactly been played against any powerhouse teams (teams records of 0-9) and they put up a less than impressive effort against a Wellston team that was without their starting halfback.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I have been to games at CG before. I was just saying that it's a tough place to play, with a good crowd and especially since both teams are looking good at this point in the year. My point was that the Falcons might face some adversity early but they need to just take it in stride and move on. This game will set the tone for both teams for the rest of the season, who knows maybe even a playoff re-match down the road.

BigGroveFan09
Waterboy

Post by BigGroveFan09 »

This will be one of the closest games this season, but i think since the falcons are playing on our home feild that we will win this one. :!:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I just finished studying the opponents and their opponents records. I believe that Coal Grove has huge chance of going undefeated this year if they can beat Minford. Looking at Minford's opponents, I don't know how anyone could know what to expect Friday from them

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

XandOs wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I hope that CG doesnt try to plant one of their assistant coaches in the Coal Grove end zone screaming "run" or "pass" as the Minford offensive plays develop.

I've been calling football games at Coal Grove and all of SE Ohio for 20+ years and I've never seen what you describe happen at Coal Grove or any where else for that matter. Fans, sure, but as we all know, SE Ohio fans can be the most rabid in all of Ohio and they try to "help" their teams as much as possible.

As for your last statement, I totally agree. This should be a knock-down, drag-out game and probably the best in SE Ohio for this week, maybe the season.

It could have been a fan disguised as a coach, but he was certainly wearing the same shirt as the coaching staff. But he was certainly standing right behind the south endzone screaming "pass" or "run" to the Coal Grove defense every play in the 2nd half.

But it didnt help them then, and if they do it this year, it wont help them either,
Dont you have a flag football game to call or something!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

kantuckyII wrote:I just finished studying the opponents and their opponents records. I believe that Coal Grove has huge chance of going undefeated this year if they can beat Minford. Looking at Minford's opponents, I don't know how anyone could know what to expect Friday from them

Kantucky, check this out! These two met in week 4 last year. Minford played the exact same teams in the exact same order in the first 3 week of the season:

Week 1: defeated River Valley (would finish 3-7), 42-6.

Week 2: defeated Wellston (would finish 4-6), 21-13.

Week 3: defeated Huntington (would finish 1-9), 34-0.

Week 4: defeated Coal Grove, 13-0.

Coal Grove's first three games went like this:

Week 1: lost to Meigs (8-3, made playoffs), 18-7.

Week 2: lost to Paint Valley (8-2, 9th in Region 19), 20-13.

Week 3: defeated Valley (5-5), 31-8.

This year, Coal Grove is 3-0 against those teams. Does that mean the outcome of the Minford game will be different? We'll see.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Hey fuzz, since ppl on here think the refs are biased at the Pat do you have any info on the flags thrown there and the percentage that are on the Grove, I would have to say over the past few years Coal Grove has had more flags thrown on them at home then the away team has, or for that matter more than the Grove have thrown on them on the road.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Last Friday against Valley, Coal Grove racked up 6 penalties for 45 yards (Valley had 3 for 15 and Valley fans were still moaning about the refs after the game).
Week 1 against Meigs, the Hornets had 6 penalties for 50 yards (Meigs, like Valley, had 3 penalties for 15 yards).

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Bleeding Red wrote:
XandOs wrote:

It could have been a fan disguised as a coach, but he was certainly wearing the same shirt as the coaching staff. But he was certainly standing right behind the south endzone screaming "pass" or "run" to the Coal Grove defense every play in the 2nd half.

But it didnt help them then, and if they do it this year, it wont help them either,
Dont you have a flag football game to call or something!

I do as a matter of fact, along with pee wee and power puff games.

With all this conspiracy theorizing, when will you have the Kennedy assassination wrapped up??????

As for people sitting/standing in the end zone yelling, it happens everywhere. I would say 99.999999% are overzealous fans, like some people I know, not naming any names, mind you. 8)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Funny thing is, I'm about 95% sure I know who he's talking about. . . . and I'm laughing hard. 8)

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I think I know who they are talking about and I am laughing too.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

me, three. :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

fuzzhead wrote:Last Friday against Valley, Coal Grove racked up 6 penalties for 45 yards (Valley had 3 for 15 and Valley fans were still moaning about the refs after the game).
Week 1 against Meigs, the Hornets had 6 penalties for 50 yards (Meigs, like Valley, had 3 penalties for 15 yards).

As long as they run the clock right, there will be no complaints.

Good Luck Falcons....

SOC!

Return to “Football”