WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

Post by Orange and Brown »

7072 wrote:I thought Meigs was DIII, did they drop for this season?

They have been D-4 for a while now!!!!!! :122245

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

We all knew this 'Issue' would be there when Athens joined the TVC...
I don't care how many boys you have on your team because if you don't have kids busting their tails to get better week in and week out then that so called number advantage is no more than a mirage. Athens has had a great turn out and tons of kids are busting their tails to make Athens football the team to beat this year...

It all starts at the TOP, with the Leader of the team...
Example:

Last Athens team ('01-03) that were successful had around 30 kids on the squad, 20 real football players but what made the difference was that the same coaching staff was their for all 4 years of the kids career...

This years Athens squad have had the same coaches for 3 straight years...that begins to have its advantages as kids can stop learning new offenses and defenses each year and can begin to actually enjoy and just play the O's and D's they've known for the 3 years...

The 2 most successful Athens County teams the last 10 years have been The Nelsonville-York Buckeyes and the Trimble Tomcats...why?

They have had the same coaches and approaches as NY have been lead by (Meade/Boston JR.) both of the Boston Family and Trimble has been lead by (Faires)... had to get my 2 cents in on that sorry...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to the game...

Athens vs. Meigs
Both Coming off of Convincing WINS...

I like the Athens Defense so much right now only allowing (21) in 3 games while Meigs has allowed (76) ...
ATHENS D takes the Advantage here...

The Athens has been steller as well scoring (109) points while the Meigs has scored (117) ...
MEIGS has the slight Advantage in Points scored...

I like ATHENS in this game and I see it being close through 3 quarters, but I feel Athens will pull away late...

MEIGS (1-2) -- 12
ATHENS (3-0) -- 34 Final

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Orange and Brown wrote:
7072 wrote:I thought Meigs was DIII, did they drop for this season?

They have been D-4 for a while now!!!!!! :122245

I believe they were D3 in 2004 and D4 since.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

athens will dominate the tvc within a couple years...winner of this game will take the tvc
I'll take meigs in a close one

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was worried about speed with the Athens team and if they could stop or contain a runner like Jeremy Smith ... Through 3 games and the Trimble scrimmage; I have been blown away by some of the speed Athens posses on defense ... Dixon has made two or three real nice hits on players breaking away toward the endzone ... He caught Tyler Dyla from behind and laid one on him, he crossed the entire field Friday and neraly knocked a Bloom-Carroll reciever into next week just yards before the endzone ... Players like that, and with Germano and Stanley on the ends doing a nice job containing, I don't see why they couldn't at least "hold" Smith down a bit ... If they do that; they got a shot at winning Friday ...

But ... Jacob Well is the No. 1 passer in the TVC-Ohio through three weeks; so loading up against the run isn't a real great idea ... Meigs is good offensively, no doubt about it, Athens will have its hands full but perhaps being at home will make the difference.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Meigs has a good passing game & a good "runner" but no (against a decent team) defense. Athens, who is more well balanced and has more speed will win this game 31-21.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Looking for a lot of points scored in this game

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I look for a lot of points early but Athens D will shut them down in the second half!

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if you think you will shut down meigs "O" then you must live on mars. athens has played gallia academy ( 0-3, trimble 0-3 and bloom carrol ?) and meigs has played 2 of the top teams in seohio. fairland is a few points from 3-0 coal grove is 3-0 and well river valley. meigs has played a tough schedule athens not so much. i don't know how good athens is, but i know meigs will bring it friday.

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

This will be a great game! Any football fans looking for a good game to watch should come to this one. Athens is off to a great start and is obviously much improved from last year.

Meigs has played some good football this year (not good enough in the first two games). Much has been mentioned about the defense of Meigs but they are in fact improving. The Meigs line is getting more experienced and confident. After the first quarter of the Fairland game the varsity defense has only given up two scores. The addition of a healthy Sayre will continue to help Meigs improve.

The Marauders will need all the fans they can Friday night to help cheer them on. Go Marauders!

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

fasteach wrote:if you think you will shut down meigs "O" then you must live on mars. athens has played gallia academy ( 0-3, trimble 0-3 and bloom carrol ?) and meigs has played 2 of the top teams in seohio. fairland is a few points from 3-0 coal grove is 3-0 and well river valley. meigs has played a tough schedule athens not so much. i don't know how good athens is, but i know meigs will bring it friday.

Well first of all i think Trimble could beat meigs.secondly athens never played Trimble.I also think athens d line and o line will dominate meigs,Athens is bigger stronger and faster than meigs.

ATHENS 33

MEIGS 13

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Athens may not have back up lineman Trevor Sorrell who has been terrific due to a shoulder injury suffered in the Bloom game. I wonder if Meigs will have the services of Roush this Friday.

Should be a great crowd Meigs fans. Bella lunas steak house and pizza is a pretty good place to eat on The Plains, it is on the main street opposite McDonalds and closer to 33. Its no Millies, but it is pretty good. ( No custard pie)

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

you're right they played fed hock. and yea meigs must be worse than any of those teams. i mean meigs did scrimmage gallia academy unfortunately they could not wait until the very last play to run up the score. and yea fed hock must be better than failand or coal grove. why does meigs even offer football?

i have said it a few times the only people who have less class than athens athletics is their parents.

thanks spartan at least the western end of athens county is ok

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

fasteach wrote:you're right they played fed hock. and yea meigs must be worse than any of those teams. i mean meigs did scrimmage gallia academy unfortunately they could not wait until the very last play to run up the score. and yea fed hock must be better than failand or coal grove. why does meigs even offer football?

i have said it a few times the only people who have less class than athens athletics is their parents.

thanks spartan at least the western end of athens county is ok

That is your opinion about Athens fan base but you will find out Friday that those young men can play some ball!!!!!!!They will win at least 8 games this year!! This isn't the old Athens who would show up and lay down for the other team.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

here's the thing the teams athens has beaten are a combined 1-8 and the 1 is bc over vc.
meigs 1-3 with losses 3-0 coal grove, 2-1 fairland ( who where 2 plays from 3-0) and rv. now rv is a not good team but coal grove and fairland are realy good. meigs could have beaten them both with a few breaks.
at this time no one knows how good or bad meigs is
at the same time no one knows how good or bad athens is
i get tired of hearing how meigs' line sucks when jeremy smith runs for 200+ yards a game he's really good but someone must be opening some holes. and jacob well is passing for 200+ per game he's really good but someone must be pass blocking.
you guys want to bash meigs and your little feeling get hurt when you get bashed back. i believe meigs will act with class if athens does but so far with some exceptions that ain't happening.
orange and brown, i expected better from you nelsonville normally is a 1st class team. i gave nelsonville loads of respect from last years game.
you want respect give it.
you want trash talk take it.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Wow i never heard anyone say meigs line sucks,they are good athens is just better. :shock:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

fasteach wrote:here's the thing the teams athens has beaten are a combined 1-8 and the 1 is bc over vc.
meigs 1-3 with losses 3-0 coal grove, 2-1 fairland ( who where 2 plays from 3-0) and rv. now rv is a not good team but coal grove and fairland are realy good. meigs could have beaten them both with a few breaks.
at this time no one knows how good or bad meigs is
at the same time no one knows how good or bad athens is
i get tired of hearing how meigs' line sucks when jeremy smith runs for 200+ yards a game he's really good but someone must be opening some holes. and jacob well is passing for 200+ per game he's really good but someone must be pass blocking.
you guys want to bash meigs and your little feeling get hurt when you get bashed back. i believe meigs will act with class if athens does but so far with some exceptions that ain't happening.
orange and brown, i expected better from you nelsonville normally is a 1st class team. i gave nelsonville loads of respect from last years game.
you want respect give it.
you want trash talk take it.

Me saying that Athens is a very good football team and will win 8 games is disrespectful?? I am sorry to upset you but saying that does not bash Meigs.
I guess I should have said that Athens will lay down and take there butt whippin cause they are just really really bad!!!!!!
I have a nephew on that team and I watched them through out camp and two-a-days. I watched 2 of there 3 scrimages. Believe me when I say these boys are good!!!!!!! I have said it before and I will say it again Meigs has a good team and a class act coach!!!
That being said I wish you guys all the luck in the world and hope you guys play a great game without injury. I am rooting for Athens in this one because my nephew plays there!!!!!!

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

KnowIt2 wrote:athens will dominate the tvc within a couple years...winner of this game will take the tvc
I'll take meigs in a close one

That is a Bold Statement.Look at how many times aThens has beat NY at all in the last 20 years.Not very MANY.WEATHER ANYBODY LIKES IT OR NOT NY WILL DEFEND THE TVC OHIO WITH HONOR.!!!!!!!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

I agree with NYBucks-

Making a statement about a team, any team dominating a sport is like trying to predict the weather, it can change at the drop of a hat...

Back to the game, the Athens vs. Meigs battle Friday will be a good one...

Also, I didn't know we Athenians were so disrespectful. All I know when I played under Coach Champlin it was a requirement to reflect ourselves, our school, our parents and our coaches in a good manor...

So when someone calls us classless? I just don't see it. But it's easier to say that when your outside of a program then it is to say it when your around the program.

Athens, just keep the focus...'W' every Friday Night...(1-0) after every Friday Night!!!

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

fasteach wrote:i have said it a few times the only people who have less class than athens athletics is their parents.

What in the world are you talking about?

There really aren't that many Athens people saying anything here. And from what I have read, everything seems pretty cordial; just opinions, nothing disrespectful. Maybe a little different than yours. But that's okay.

Return to “Football”