WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

Post by Orange and Brown »

diamondD1 wrote:
fasteach wrote:i have said it a few times the only people who have less class than athens athletics is their parents.

What in the world are you talking about?

There really aren't that many Athens people saying anything here.

I wouldn't worry to much! For some reason he really has it out for Athens!!
It all started when people said they would or might finish ahead of meigs in the TVC-Ohio this year!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ive completed the week 3 stats for the TVC ... it should be uploaded on trivalleyconference.com here pretty soon (hopefully) ... But anyway: here is the Athens-Meigs breakdown.

Athens - Offense (3rd TVC-Ohio) 1,001 Total Yards, 109 pts scored.
Meigs - Offense (2nd TVC-Ohio) 1,242 Total Yards, 108 pts scored.

(Here is the big difference)

Athens - Defense (1st TVC-Ohio) 608 Total Yards allowed, 21 pts Allowed.
Meigs - Defense (6th TVC-Ohio) 1,071 Total Yards allowed, 85 pts allowed.

Athens scores about the same as Meigs = 36.3 pts per game.
Athens allows about 7 pts per game; Meigs allows around 28.3

* Not sure a strength of schedule argument is valid either; GALLIA ACADEMY, BLOOM-CARROLL & FED HOCK is not much different than FAIRLAND, COAL GROVE and RIVER VALLEY.

TEAM RUSHING RANK IN TVC-OHIO:

Meigs - ranked No. 2 - (103 carries, 817 Yards, and 11 TD's.)
Athens - ranked No. 4 - (125 carries, 640 Yards, and 9 TD's)

TEAM PASSING RANK IN THE TVC-OHIO

Meigs - ranked No. 1 - (425 passing Yards, 3 TD's)
Athens - ranked No. 2 - (361 passing yards, 6 TD's)

TEAM SCORING OFFENSE IN TVC-OHIO

Meigs - ranked No. 2 - (108 pts scored)
Athens - ranked No. 3 - (109 pts scored)

TEAM SCORING DEFENSE TVC-OHIO

Athens - ranked No. 1 - (21 pts allowed)
Meigs - ranked No. 6 - (85 pts allowed)

* Side note: Jeremy Smith (Meigs) is the No. 1 rusher in the TVC-Ohio: 67 car. - 582 Yds - 9 TD's
(Derek Arnold - NY - is 2nd)
(Jake Hedrick - Alex - is 3rd)
Tanner Weaver (AHS) is ranked No. 9 in the TVC-Ohio: 31 car - 187 Yds - 3 TD's
DeVon Sharp (AHS) is ranked No. 10 in the TVC-Ohio: 23 car - 183 Yds - 1 TD

* Side note: Jacob Well (Meigs) is the No. 1 passer in the TVC-Ohio: 25-62-1-425 Yds (4 TD's)
Trey Harris (AHS) is the No. 2 passer in the TVC-Ohio: 33-50-0-362 Yds (6 TD's)

If the Top 10 was based on 'passer rating' - Harris would be No. 1 ... His completition % is much better (66%) compared to (40%) for Well ... and he has two more TD passes.

* Side note: Cameron Bolin (Meigs) is the No. 2 reciever in the TVC-Ohio: 11 rec - 202 Yds - 3 TD's
Ian Dixon (AHS) is the No. 5 reciever in the TVC-Ohio: 7 rec - 102 Yds - 1 TD

Hope everyone enjoys that: you can view an entire breakdown of the TVC-Ohio and Hocking at trivalleyconference.com .... Week two is there now; but I am having it replaced with week 3 soon now that I have got it all together and figured out.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :122245

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job Bulldog.

I wonder, do the Marauders try to throw it downfield or are they more of a control passing game like the Bulldogs.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think Athens takes this game and the Ohio division this year. Sorry Nelsonville but the TVC Ohio train runs through A-town this year.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

This will be a great TVCO game! No question that this will be the biggest test so far this season for Athens, especially for the Athens defense. If Meigs defense can slow down the Athens offense, I think Meigs can pull off the win on the road.

good luck to both teams--have a great TVCO game.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Looking at both teams from the papers and here. I will go with Meigs by a thin margin. 14-10 maybe.

Maximus the Merciful
Waterboy

Post by Maximus the Merciful »

Excellent job Bulldog 93...

It would be great if someone would do this for basketball as well...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The enitre TVC stats are done ... just go to trivalleyconference.com

BTW ... BASKETBALL wil be done! Girls and Boys ... Ive had problems building the web site this fall, but by the time hoop season rolls around, the site will be fully functional ... hopefully it will be that way in the next wek or two; but definitely by basketball season.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Hey fasteach the Athens parents or fans are in no way disrespectful to other teams. If you are referring to the statement made by Dilligaf you should check his ties. (I believe he thinks Trimble would beat Meigs is because he appears to be a loyal Trimble supporter from most of the posts I've read.) Nobody that I know of from Athens thinks Meigs is a bad team. I have stated my pinion in past posts that Meigs in one of the better teams in the area and had in fact lost to a couple of pretty good teams. The untruth you speak about Athens supporters is the only boarderline classless statement made on this thread.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

Well if athens wins this game then its a told you so.. before the season i siad athens will finish 2nd in tvc this year if Ny wins it, if not athens will win it all.. between Ny and athens for the tvc if athens wins this one ;-) goodluck dawgs

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

This is one Bulldog fan hoping for an NY/Athens showdown for the league title. Both have big games this week, at Wellston for the Buckeyes is tough, and the gun slinging Marauders for Athens.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

fasteach is the same person who last year falsely accused Athens of playing varsity starters on their jv team just so they could beat Meigs.

As far as the game goes, based on the first 3 weeks of the season I'd say this will be a really good game and one that will be hard for anyone to predict a winner or score. My guess is that Meigs people will pick Meigs and Athens people will pick Athens and everyone else's picks will be split down the middle. So there's really no reason for anyone to get all mad about someone not picking your team.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

frozen i will agree with what you said but i stand by what i said last year. if i did not mean it then of if it was not true i would not have said it.

kingskongs
Waterboy

Post by kingskongs »

fasteach wrote: if i did not mean it then of if it was not true i would not have said it.

i don't get it

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

FrozenRope9 wrote:fasteach is the same person who last year falsely accused Athens of playing varsity starters on their jv team just so they could beat Meigs.

As far as the game goes, based on the first 3 weeks of the season I'd say this will be a really good game and one that will be hard for anyone to predict a winner or score. My guess is that Meigs people will pick Meigs and Athens people will pick Athens and everyone else's picks will be split down the middle. So there's really no reason for anyone to get all mad about someone not picking your team.

Wow not taking any sides but you .Keep trading teams alot.2 teams in 3 years.What next if lu goes downhill. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

NYBucks....Okay let's go over this again. I used to be a coach (not football) at Fairfield Union for 5 years. Now I am a coach (not football) at Liberty Union going on 2 years. As for my interest in Meigs and Athens...I am a Meigs alum and my brother is on the coaching staff at Athens. Changing my avatar has nothing to do with whoever is doing well. No need to take shots at me just because LU beat NY in the playoffs last year. It was a great game and everyone from LU was respectful to the NY people and still talk about how nice your facilities are. Matter of fact, after that game talks immediately began for improvements to LU's facilities because people were so impressed.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

No question this game comes down to the Meigs defense vs the Athens offense. This will be the key, the Marauders have had trouble getting stops on the defensive side of the ball. Offensivley Meigs will throw the ball downfield and take some shots at the longball. Look for some points to be put up in this one. I say the over/under will be 51.

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Post by TroopSports »

Meigs @ Athens can be heard on power 970 WATH-AM in southeast Ohio. Brian Boesch and Rob Cornelius have the call beginning at 7:15.

You can listen online by clicking the link below:

mms://132.235.236.177/WATH

Thanks!

Sports@970WATH.com

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

It will all come down to the "D"!!
Who can get stops and force turnovers.

Return to “Football”