WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: WK4 Meigs @ Athens TVC-Ohio Game

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fasteach ---Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Almost all the athletic programs down thru the years have gotten worse, and worse and worse. Meigs will never again be close to what they started out as when they consolidated and were in the SEOAL in the 60's and 70's and at least competing for championships. They can hardly compete in the TVC now, the district continues to get smaller & smaller with established families in the district moving on and out for purposes of jobs, education, etc. and the poverty level and unemployment increasing leaps and bounds. I don't see an end in sight and don't know what the coming years will bring but it isn't looking good. BTW, Coach Chancey can be 1st class but that doesn't win football games and until the mindset of the community and school district changes in all sports, look for more of the same while the other districts just pass them by. People that take pride in their towns, schools, athletics, band and all other extracurricular activities and usually expect the best coaches and educators are usually the places that other people tend to migrate to when moving from one area to another and it helps keep the community from dying.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Excellent post FANOFSPORTS.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Athens earned this victory. Congratulations Bulldogs. To put it plainly, the Dogs are better thanadvertised by many. Very solid on D. I also say that this team is very very capable of winning the TVC Ohio, and have to be the favorites to take the title out of Nelsonville.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

On behalf of Meigs fans...I'm going to apologize for fasteach...he has no idea what he is talking about and is an embarassment...

Atownfan2005
Waterboy

Post by Atownfan2005 »

Congrats to the bulldogs. It was great to see a solid win by athens.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

rainman where you at the game? both sides had way too many delay of game penalties the rule is to set the 1st down makers before setting the ball. did not happen it caused both sides to get delays and illegal subs calls.
i don't believe i made any excuses, hey athens won. good game, wished we had. maybe next year.
as far as losing quality people fan o sports with money being what it is things may get worse before they get better. don't know but as you say it is happening all over so no one can use that as an excuse.
as far as embarring meigs know it 2 at least you don't have to worry about deer hitting your car they usually run away from dogs. go back to the school library and get some computer time if ms. arnold lets you. does daddy let you use the computer at home?
and rain man i'll put my academic training up to yours any day. i spent more time writing papers than you have reading them. sorry if my opinion matters and yours doesn't don't kill yourself though. i specialize with problem children in school. parents like you keep me in business.
as far as chancey being first class, winning lasts 1 year character lasts a life time. meigs could lose all but 1 this year and chancey has my vote. he stands tall in this community. he IS 1 of those quality people you say we lose all the time.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

So lets sum up a few things here, most would agree Athens was the better team on Friday night, Coach Chancey is a class act (though I was a little disappointed he would not give comment to the local paper, I don't think his track record backs this as typical behavior). Let's all move on to the future.

And guys fasteach is intitled to his opinion just as you and I, That is part of what made this country great. You do not have to agree with him or any other poster on the site but we should all be respectful of each other and cut back on personal attacks and keep the posts on topic. Just my opinion and it can be ignored as well.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Fastteach, I am sure your students are lucky to have you as a teacher. I can tell from your posts that you are passionate and care. I know that you do make a difference in the lives of your students.

You are correct, Coach Chancey is a 1st class person. Big thing just don't make excuses, Meigs just got beat by a very good team.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

rainman i ain't making excuses if lived in athens i would be hooting they proved that they can beat a very good team easily.what does that make them? i would take that as proof athens football is back as some on here can attest i did NOT take any shots after the game as a few meigs fans did. i thought the game was clean i can also say athens is very talented in the skill positions and if they make the play-offs should at last win a few for the tvc. thanks dog it's a shame that some only attack when they feel safety in numbers. i think i say what i feel and you do too. keep up the boosting of athens sportssee you next year here at pomeroy. i hope athens wins all but 1 game. btw that 1 game is alexander. i am not from there but boy for a program with out much hope they are 4-0. they deserve some sucess.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

"as far as embarring meigs know it 2 at least you don't have to worry about deer hitting your car they usually run away from dogs"

I know you teach at a sub-par school...but i dont know what you are trying to say??

mr.dude2010
Freshman Team

Post by mr.dude2010 »

thanks for cleaning up your posts fasteach... to be honest i thought meigs had good sportsmanship, and i was embarrassed by athens' student section; at times they said some pretty rude things... i guess it comes from not being used to being on the winning side of a blow out... good luck to meigs the rest of the season

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The students in the stands at most high school games leave alot to be desired. Students who attend home games for any most any sport be it the gridiron or the hardcourt are there because it is a social gathering not because they could give a hoot about the games. Teens will act like teens when around peers in an attempt to look cool, it has happened for decades and will likely continue for decades no matter what school you are talking about. :122249

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

kids are kids i suspect they have always acted this way at games. no offence there. as far as sportsmanship athens was super. like i said no chants of " get him off the field" or "he's faking" the student section in my opinion was great. they cheered athens and did not boo meigs. what more could you ask for?

as far as know it 2 he's a meigs student clearly not too bright. happily not representational of meigs ( ask your dad about that one) so don't think about anything he writes, he won't!

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

not too bright?

im pretty sure that if you multiply your son's high school gpa's you will get my gpa...

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

yea and you wanted him 1 on 1 in basketball but only on here :lol:
again ask your dad he can explain why and how you're not too bright.
btw disclosing a students personal info in public can get your dad fired so again not too bright. you might want to take this time to shut up! don't believe me ask your dad

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

i have no idea what they had...but im confident that mine is higher

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

if you look at the bilboard of honors winners at story's run you'll see 1, but not you. where are you? not an award winner? how can that be? again not too bright

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

fasteach wrote:if you look at the bilboard of honors winners at story's run you'll see 1, but not you. where are you? not an award winner? how can that be? again not too bright

Sorry fasyeach, but aren't you supposed to be the adult here?

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

yes i am the adult, but i have put up with this tool for 2 years. he is giving meigs a bad name

Return to “Football”