DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Re: DV R17 Finals #2 Zane Trace v. #1 Wheelersburg

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

ZT will score 27 in the first 3 minutes. (Burg like post)

hoopsfan#1
Waterboy

Post by hoopsfan#1 »

Burg3 wrote:
Bad_Ass wrote:
Rabeanos0512 wrote:Butttt yall said big time football that you're accustomed to, nah? but you lost in this "Big time football" last year. I don't get the point about bragging about playoff loses. Its like saying "wooo we live for this! We get to this big time football stage....and lose." Wait, what?
First of all, I think you meant "losses" not "loses." I'm not sure Zane Trace has anything to offer. Burg has the Howard in the backfield that could break Richard Sherman's ankles, the O-line that could keep a defensive line full of Joey Bosas off the quaterback's back, Kyle Davis who is smart with the ball and knows how to throw the deep ball when he needs to and can get out of the pocket and scramble for a TD when he needs to, Daylor Lewis who could boot a 50 yard field goal with no sweat, and a solid defense with Jeremy Cooper keeping pressure on the quarterback, while Wyatt Henderson intercepts your poor throw. So when it comes down to it, let's let the ranking speak for itself right now.. Burg = #1 Zane Trace = #2. When it comes down to it though, we'll let the Wheelersburg win do the talking.
Couldn't agree more, Tanner Bivens also stepping up and making some big time catches in the past couple games.

Amazing! I don't have a dog in the fight, I don't have a kid playing, and I don't have a big concern about who might win this game. I am a fan of SVC sports. I find it just a little bit ridiculous that you would bad mouth a group of kids after what they have managed to accomplish this season. I have seen ZT play, I find it hard to believe there is a harder runner with the ball than Truman Love, I find it hard to believe there is a better receiver and cover man than Pierce Mowery. The QB, Austin Harris is awfully darn good with the ball in his hands. Throw in Joel Dunkle running the ball out of the backfield makes for a very dangerous team. Other side of the ball, Trey Davis and Truman Love will hit as hard as in southern ohio. I've already mentioned Mowery can cover ANY receiver, and Tim Gibson will probably introduce himself to the Wheelersburg QB on more than one occasion during the game.

You are correct, the SVC is not known to be a football power conference. But, once in a while a special group of kids come along that prove they can play with anyone. Why so much hate, why not appreciate what these kids have accomplished? I would expect ZT put up one hell of a fight regardless of the outcome. Congratulations Zane Trace! And Congratulations to Wheelersburg! Kids, coaches, and fans have a lot to be proud of.
Multiple playoff appearances means you have a VERY good program! No need to attempt to discredit a group of kids for making it farther than they ever have in the past.

Why not say, job well done? Southern Ohio will be well represented whoever wins!!!

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

km696969 wrote:the Wheelersburg faithful must be drinking some stagnant, which is reminiscent of their offense, pond water instead of that river water these days. I watched the game film and I have one word for you: soft.

THE Pioneers on the other hand carry HARD, battle tested muskets and are not afraid to use them on the likes of a washed up team that Wheelersburg is offering up as a sacrifice. This is going to be like Sherman’s march to the sea.

But do not fret Pirate fans, our PTO went out and procured wooden peg legs and eye patches for your boys, because they are going to need them after we get done getting done what it is we are about to do.

THE Pioneers are leaving Waverly with three things: our mighty muskets, any booty we wish to plunder, and the District Championship.

To the victors belongs the spoils.

ZT by 27
Seeing as though you will be leaving with your mighty muskets, any booty we wish to plunder, and the District Championship

I guess the Burg will have to settle for a Regional Championship. :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhiskeyTwoFive
Riding the Bench

Post by WhiskeyTwoFive »

hoopsfan1 I agree. A group of grown men coming online to put down high school kids is sad....

These two teams are both great teams obviously...and theyve done what they need to do regardless of schedule, scores, etc.

Its a bunch of teenage kids out there fellas...lets try to talk about what to look for, stats, etc instead of constantly putting down one school or another...because at the end of the day youre a grown man on a computer talking more sh*t than the kids who will actually be on the field tomorrow night.

Like ive said before, I hope its a good close game. I think the atmosphere will be amazing....ZT was standing room only last week so I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like. Also, there was no charge for parking last week and there was still parking available at 6:40.

I dont know much about either team but I will say the QB issue for ZT is not an issue. If #3 doesnt play then they use their original starter at QB. I heard a lot of people say after 3 went out last week the offense stalled. I was at the game and it looked to be more the fact that Alex changed their gameplan on defense at half and it worked...on the other side of the ball ZT was throwing to the flats and downfield up 21 with one of the best backs in the area and not staying with the QB keeper that got them 3-4 yds a carry all night...poor play calling by ZT second half.

Good luck to BOTH teams....as a fan and an adult I am hoping to see a great high school football game.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

whiskey and hoops- finally some people with a clue

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Looking forward to a great game tomorrow night. IMHO, I feel that Burg pulls away in the 2nd half. Looking ahead, the winner (at this time) will play the winner of the Brookville-Coldwater game.

Brookville is 12-0 and finished #1 in Region 18. Colwater is 12-0 and finished #3 in Region 18.

Although I see Coldwater on every commercial on Time-Warner sports channel holding the championship trophy, and the HS Blitz program constantly talks about Coldwater, I'm thinking Brookville will give them a good game. Brookville offense scores 37 ave ppg, Coldwater scores 38 ave ppg... Brookville defense gives up 9 ave ppg, Coldwater gives up 5 ave ppg... In comparison, The Burg scores 40 ave ppg and defense gives up 7 ave ppg.

We'll see how it all shakes out after Friday. We will know who is going where in about 36 hours. GO BURG!!!!!!!!

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

brookville was my big rival in hs. In 90, we had 48 points on Valley view in the second quarter then after 90 they went on their mad run. The brookville coach is the longtime coach of versailles and is doing pretty much the same stuff with them now that he was doing with them in the 90's

wf35
Waterboy

Post by wf35 »

I dont have a dog in this fight, but i have been following the SVC for years now. This ZT team is very good and one of the best SVC teams in a while. I have watched them play with both quarterbacks, and their offense is much better with #3. I'm hoping for a good game and ill be pulling for ZT to pull off the upset. With that said, i expect Burg to win by 2-3 scores. Good luck to both teams and hope for no injuries.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

km696969 wrote:the Wheelersburg faithful must be drinking some stagnant, which is reminiscent of their offense, pond water instead of that river water these days. I watched the game film and I have one word for you: soft.

THE Pioneers on the other hand carry HARD, battle tested muskets and are not afraid to use them on the likes of a washed up team that Wheelersburg is offering up as a sacrifice. This is going to be like Sherman’s march to the sea.

But do not fret Pirate fans, our PTO went out and procured wooden peg legs and eye patches for your boys, because they are going to need them after we get done getting done what it is we are about to do.

THE Pioneers are leaving Waverly with three things: our mighty muskets, any booty we wish to plunder, and the District Championship.

ZT by 27
If The Pioneers are leaving with the district title, who is leaving with the REGIONAL title????

You must be confused with what sport this is. :lol: :P

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

km696969 wrote:
burgbball wrote:

ZT by 27
Seeing as though you will be leaving with your mighty muskets, any booty we wish to plunder, and the District Championship

I guess the Burg will have to settle for a Regional Championship. :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
District Championship, Regional Championship, petty details in the eyes of a Pioneer. There's only one championship that these boys are focused on this year in Kinnikinnick and that is the State Championship. Aim small, miss small.

Wheelersburg can train all they want. They can work on their catchin' and their throwin' and their runnin'. Heck, it might even be enough to get them through the SOC and a couple lame-duck playoff games. But, in order to be a standout, an all-star, a champion, you need more than hard work and dedication. You need something that you can't work for. You need a blessing from God Almighty. THE Zane Trace Pioneers - in addition to our true-blue play-makers, sturdy muskets, indomitable defense, and healthy appetite for pom-pom wielding leaders of cheer - have just that. Sadly, I don't think all the hard prayer thrown up to the Almighty Himself will be able to aid Wheelersburg in fixing their sloppy blocking, weak tackling, and lack of speed under those Friday night lights starting at 1900!

THE Pioneers have a date with destiny! And all you Burg fans will still be welcome to come to Chillicothe to eat at our Olive Garden, shop at our Sam's Club, and take family photos with our STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!

ZT by 28
:lol: Talk all you want. Things will definitely unfold much differently than your lackluster predictions.

So tell me. How does ZT win this game? What games have they played to prepare them for this task? How many teams have had a defense like Burg's? How many team's were as potent on offense as THE Burg?

The way I see it, this is a lot like the Valley game for Burg. A lot of hype. But when push comes to shove, the hype only lasts til kickoff.

ZT will have to swing momentum in their favor all night to stay in this game. Momentum is what Burg thrives off of. You give them a little bit and they take a lot. The coaches have their game plan and have already found the weakness in the ZT defense. They will exploit it all night. I expect Burg to use a lot of the Power Run game and unbalanced line. They will chew up as much clock as they can. Then hit you with a 40 yd PA pass that breaks the back of the Defense. They will fake punts. They will go for it on 4th and short situations. They are dangerous in every aspect of the game. I hope ZT has practiced kick returns.

breadandbutter7
Waterboy

Post by breadandbutter7 »

km696969 wrote:
burgbball wrote:

ZT by 27

District Championship, Regional Championship, petty details in the eyes of a Pioneer. There's only one championship that these boys are focused on this year in Kinnikinnick and that is the State Championship. Aim small, miss small.

Wheelersburg can train all they want. They can work on their catchin' and their throwin' and their runnin'. Heck, it might even be enough to get them through the SOC and a couple lame-duck playoff games. But, in order to be a standout, an all-star, a champion, you need more than hard work and dedication. You need something that you can't work for. You need a blessing from God Almighty. THE Zane Trace Pioneers - in addition to our true-blue play-makers, sturdy muskets, indomitable defense, and healthy appetite for pom-pom wielding leaders of cheer - have just that. Sadly, I don't think all the hard prayer thrown up to the Almighty Himself will be able to aid Wheelersburg in fixing their sloppy blocking, weak tackling, and lack of speed under those Friday night lights starting at 1900!

THE Pioneers have a date with destiny! And all you Burg fans will still be welcome to come to Chillicothe to eat at our Olive Garden, shop at our Sam's Club, and take family photos with our STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY!

ZT by 28
ZT losing by 28 may be right. Wheelersburg will dominate this game. Sorry bout it.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ugh this is going to be a long Thursday.... don't know if I can wait till tomorrow. Ready to watch burg win with class like they always do. And can't wait to see them raise that regional championship trophy!! All of they hard work you put in!! Guess what boys! Tomorrow is payday in pirate country!!! :ugeek:

State7
Waterboy

Post by State7 »

I think the hype of this game is going to make the first quarter good! Then I think that Burg pulls away, I have seen both play and ZT twice but I really think that this burg team has a very good shot at the State title! Good luck to both teams

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

the only thing zane trace is winning is the coin toss and that will be the worst mistake they will make to give burg the ball 1st and it will all be down here from there!!!

burg 42-14

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:the only thing zane trace is winning is the coin toss and that will be the worst mistake they will make to give burg the ball 1st and it will all be down here from there!!!

burg 42-14
You're such an inflator. :lol:

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:the only thing zane trace is winning is the coin toss and that will be the worst mistake they will make to give burg the ball 1st and it will all be down here from there!!!

burg 42-14
Lol he is!! It's about time cg! It's never too late to be a burg fan! Come to Waverley Friday night and shake your jugs!!

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:

burg 42-14
Lol he is!! It's about time cg! It's never too late to be a burg fan! Come to Waverley Friday night and shake your jugs!!
hey week 11 was impressive what can I say LOL! I will have to survive burgfan,com (hope my heater stays intact to get thru them)

is this 7 or 730 kickoff ???

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

730 man!! Go burg go!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

km696969 wrote:
burgbball wrote:

ZT by 27

ZT by 28
Bit cocky aren't we. ZT might win and that's a big might. Not a SNOW BALLS CHANCE they win by 28. Burg winning by 28 I can see. Hopefully this is a good game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

I just believe in this Burg team. They have answered the Bell every week. From all the doubt in week 1 to flourishing week 12. They are peaking right now. And it's the perfect time.

Return to “Football”