All State

Re: Minford @ Oak Hill

Post by pbuck »

I'll take Minford in a close battle

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

wolley07 wrote:Minford is overrated, and the Oaks are overlooked. Not an easy game for either team, but I have a feeling this will be a close, very good game that will come down to the Extra points and conditioning. I am calling it the Oaks win by a TD... 20-14

Overrated? They are 4-0 after beating a the best Coal Grove team I have seen which was also #1 in the Region.

This is the same thing we heard last year before the Oaks were taken behind the woodshed. I dont seeing this game being as lopsided as last year, but I think that Minford gets rolling early and plays with tons of intensity and controls the game. I cant wait to see that Oaks WR fly right past the Minford DB'S too like some Oaks fan said. The Minford secondary looked great last night and I think the adjustments made last weeks will REALLY shine this week.

I like Minford by 14

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

oak_a_holic wrote:
So you're telling me that any person with a low IQ can go out on football and be able to perform as well as he did?

I hear that Paladin did........ :122246 :122246

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Redman wrote:
MuletownManiac wrote:CalPreps

Oak Hill 22

Minford 21

Not buying into this prediction !

cal preps says 22-21 minford not oak hill. i think it will be a close low scorin game.

i'm takin minford by 7 points 21-14

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

If Minford shuts down number 85 they will win this game.Oaks qb will strugle without him,

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Oaks QB will struggle throwing the ball laying on his back....same Oak Hill fans....World Beaters til they play somebody outside the SOC 1.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Im sure Coach Matiz will have the D ready to go for this game. He hasnt disappointed in the past. If the D-backs come ready to play which im sure they will. Could be a long night for the Oaks....

Minford 35
Oak Hill 14

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

oak_a_holic wrote:
RedStormRising wrote:
oak_a_holic wrote: The kid is truly one of a kind in every aspect of the game. He's fast, smart and got a 26 on his ACT. He just knows what to do when the ball is in his hands.

yeah that 26 on the ACT will make a huge difference in the game. :lol: :lol:

So you're telling me that any person with a low IQ can go out on football and be able to perform as well as he did? No sir. That's very wrong.

Actualy yes someone with a low IQ can play football and do it well. Noel Devine plays at wvu and he got like a 13 on his ACT :122245

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i think this game will be closer than some think

Pol pot
SE

Re: Week 5 Minford @ Oak Hill

Post by Pol pot »

Will not be as interesting as many people think! Go Falcons!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

oaks fans look here!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64552

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

I'll take the Oaks by 12 on a late in the 4th quarter touchdown by Westen Hale

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Pol Pot wrote:Will not be as interesting as many people think! Go Falcons!

You just need to brace yourself for a game then!! Go Oaks!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

When discussing this game, as like in seasons past. No game matchups are the same. Oak Hill being able to play on a turf surface, will show their team speed on defense as well as offense.
The Oaks have nice size up front and QB Slone seems to be finding his recievers when needed.
Minford has quickness, size up front and QB Oesch is connecting with his recievers as well.
Talk about these two teams last season's matchup was the same, but at games end Minford had an answer for everything the Oaks gave us in a 41-0 win.
Just some facts about these two teams before week five matchup at Minford last season:
Oak Hill
Offense PPG: 34.5
Defense PPG: 12.5
Opponents Record: 4-12
Minford
Offense PPG: 27.5
Defense PPG: 4.9
Opponents Record: 3-13

Just some facts about these two teams before week five matchup at Oak Hill this season:
Oak Hill
Offense PPG: 37.5
Defense PPG: 5.5
Opponents Record: 2-14
Minford
Offense PPG: 39.3
Defense PPG: 13.5
Opponents Record: 3-13
This years score ?

It will be a good game between two undefeated teams and I don't think it will be a shutout, but I
will be going with the Falcons in this one.

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

This Game Will Be A Good One! Go Oaks! I Look For A Good Game Out Of Slone And Ondera!

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

minford isnt overated there a verry good ball club. they have a verry good coaching staff also. minford 35 oak hill 21 is what im thinking nothing against the oaks i havnt seen them.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Cheer section Friday night!! Everybody be there! This game decides the post-season! Let's come out with a win!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I haven't seen Oak Hill this year, but I have watched the Falcons, and if they play like they did Friday night, in the second half, it will be a great victory for the Falcons! The way they came together, late in the game, was unreal. They wasn't going to loose, and they fought with all they had, to win. They came back and beat a CG team that I would rank up there with the teams used to have, in the past. I mean back when they used to battle with Wheelersburg every year. Maybe the best team I ever seen them have.

Minford has to stay focused, and not let down, after such a big win. They have to understand that the season has only started, and we have a long way to go. We can't have a USC let down, we have to keep our eyes on the prize, the SOC II title. After beating CG, anything else will be a disappointment. The team, and the coaches proved alot about themselves Friday. I think they have it in them to win it all.

It will be a great game. I think both teams will be ready. Good Luck to both!

Minford 35
Oak Hill 14

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

Gotta pick the Falcons

Minford 35
Oak Hill 28

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

MuletownManiac wrote:Oaks QB will struggle throwing the ball laying on his back....same Oak Hill fans....World Beaters til they play somebody outside the SOC 1.

On his back, eh? Well when he tears your secondary apart "from his back" you'll be surprised! Hope youre prepared for Westen too because he's ready to play!

Return to “Football”