Waterboy

Re: Week 5 Minford @ Oak Hill

Post by BuCkwiLD »

it's gonna get BUCK DOWN in O TOWN!!!!

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

I think Oak Hill's passing game can cause some problems for the Falcons, but I still don't think Oak Hill has enough to beat the bigger, faster, and more physical Falcons. I think Minford will be able to control the ball and the clock with their running game. Slone will still find a way to put up numbers but I think he's going to get hit most of the night. In the end Minfor should be too much.

Minford 34
Oak Hill 18

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

The Falcons will find a way to get where they need to go...........
and that is 5-0. :122249

" And I've found a way to steal the sun from the sky. Long live the day that I decided to fly from the inside." - Quote

Falcons, ask yourself if you decide to "FLY FROM THE INSIDE".

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

Minford will score at will. All needed to say for this game!

Go Falcons!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

:lol:

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

SOC I cannot compete with SOC II bottom line. Minford is very good, they win in a blowout.

Faclons Forever
Freshman Team

Post by Faclons Forever »

Should be a great game, but Minford is well... Minford. This will be a real test for Oak Hill, who needs to win if they want to show the world that they're legit. Sorry, but I'm not feeling it. Minford has a stifling defense and high octane O. Apparently so does Oak Hill. I just think that Minford's D will be more stifling and Minford's O will be higher Octane. Won't be a laugher by any means, but I think Minford wins this with a bit of breathing room. Minford 24- Oak Hill 14.
Sorry Oaks on a tough loss :cry:

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

WestFan27 wrote:SOC I cannot compete with SOC II bottom line. Minford is very good, they win in a blowout.

Hopefully the Oaks can prove this statement wrong on Friday night.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

That statement is already wrong... East beat NW, and SOC I is 1-0 against SOC II.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Bo_Diaz wrote:That statement is already wrong... East beat NW, and SOC I is 1-0 against SOC II.

Not a fair comparison IMO. NW does not compete year in and yesr out in the SOC2. NW is the only SOC 2 team that East would beat.

Oak Hill can compete with Minford but I still think Minford will win the ball game.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Idk if im more excited about this game or getting my new car on thursday.. Right now id say the car.. But with a minute left on the clock friday night ill be more excited to get on here..or will i be more excited to get to the hill.. Ahhh sooo much excitement for me this week!! GO OAKS

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I'm ready to see Minford get the smack DOWN in O TOWN!

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Do you smelllllll what the OAKS are cookin??

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

(sniff) (sniff) i can smell it.. some FALCON MEAT COOKIN!!!!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Isnt this all just dejavu from last year?

Sure the Oaks are better. I think this will be a good game up until the 3rd quarter. I think that Minford's O line just handles their business and Minford has a field day running and throwing the ball. Their pass protection was GREAT against Coal Grove and they racked up alot of rushing yards against a stout Coal Grove defense.

I also think that Minford's D line owns the line of scrimmage and gets to Sloan ALOT. I knew that Sloan was a good QB when we played Oak Hill last year, but we controlled the line and flushed him out of the pocket. I expect the same this year.

I think that Slone will go for around 100 passing yards, and OH will get around 60-70 rushing yards. But I expect the Falcons to also put up 100+ in the air and rush for 200.

There is a big gap between SOC II and SOC I. It will show Friday night.

Hoping for good weather, no injuries and not as much suspense during the game as last Friday night!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I am going to say a lot of what I said last week (with a couple of small tweaks) as it still applies......

The Minford seniors need to continue to step up and make a statement. Big time players step up and make big plays in big games. This happened last week and needs to continue to happen. Leadership is not yelling in a huddle and jumping up and down, it is doing your job, positively mentoring your teammates (even the freshmen), being calm and focused in a high intensity game, and leading by example. Block until the whistle blows, run your routes hard regardless of whether you are the primary receiver or are needed for a downfield block, fight for the ball, hit the holes hard whether you are blocking or carrying the ball and tackle/wrap on defense. In other words, play fundamental football like you have been coached to play since pee wee. Good luck to the Falcons. Play like you can play and have been coached to play and you will be successful and go to 5-0. Take care of the small things and the big things will take care of themselves. Go Minford!

Oh, one last thing......Minford needs to pack the stands and support the team. Fan support has been fantastic so far and needs to continue. Oak Hill will have their fans out in force and Minford needs to do the same thing.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Bo_Diaz wrote:That statement is already wrong... East beat NW, and SOC I is 1-0 against SOC II.

Yea and Minford kicked the crap out of East in the Jamboree Game :122245

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

SLONE will throw for over 150. Westen and Joey will rush for atleast 150. Im even more excited bc I loveee games like these.. I might have to borrow the acorn head and go back to being the mascot like i used to be about 6 years ago! Lets go oak hill!!

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Bleeding Red wrote:Isnt this all just dejavu from last year?

Sure the Oaks are better. I think this will be a good game up until the 3rd quarter. I think that Minford's O line just handles their business and Minford has a field day running and throwing the ball. Their pass protection was GREAT against Coal Grove and they racked up alot of rushing yards against a stout Coal Grove defense.

I also think that Minford's D line owns the line of scrimmage and gets to Sloan ALOT. I knew that Sloan was a good QB when we played Oak Hill last year, but we controlled the line and flushed him out of the pocket. I expect the same this year.

I think that Slone will go for around 100 passing yards, and OH will get around 60-70 rushing yards. But I expect the Falcons to also put up 100+ in the air and rush for 200.

There is a big gap between SOC II and SOC I. It will show Friday night.

Hoping for good weather, no injuries and not as much suspense during the game as last Friday night!

If you think your backs are so awesome, look at Trimbles. All-state I believe? Yeah, we shut him down. Good luck to your backs

Return to “Football”