Week 5 Minford @ Oak Hill

Mikenmike
JV Team

Re: Week 5 Minford @ Oak Hill

Post by Mikenmike »

I am going to say one thing about the officiating this game, it was not very good for the second week in a row. Im not taking anything away from oak hill because they just flat out wanted it more, but when oak hill fans are saying "boy them refs sure didnt help you guys any tonight" when I was walking out of the stadium. It makes you wonder especialy if Incognito is right about the block in the back call on that last td and if vladimir is right about the ref hugging slone.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

The penalty wasn't for blocking in the back , one of the Minford lineman was on the ground and reached up and grabbed #78 for Oak Hill and tripped him, just got done watching the film. If people doubt it I can try to upload the video if I get a chance. Penalties for the game Oak Hill 4 Minford 5.
Minford just got outplayed, don't try and make excuses "Oh if the team would've played the way they did in the 2nd half against Coal Grove",maybe they just played over their heads in that 2nd half and just maybe it was Oak Hill that made Minford not look as good as they did last week.
I know several people from Minford and a few posters on here make it look bad for Minford people when that's not the case. But I guess all towns have a few bad apples.
Concentrate on next week and get a W over the Burg, this is one Oaks fan that will be rooting for you.

brummr
Freshman Team

Post by brummr »

Sloan's Interception

bigstick625
Freshman Team

Post by bigstick625 »

Oak Hill won the battle up front, bottom line. Good Game Oaks.

:12222

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

I thought Minford panicked a little at the end. They had plenty of time to run the ball on that last drive, and decided to go strictly to the air until the interception. One of Oak Hill's strengths is their secondary, especially if you throw the ball up in the air and give one of their athletes a chance to go get it. In my opinion, Sloan did not get the ball enough. Oak Hill had difficulty tackling him all night.

Oak Hill was the better team tonight. Minford could not get Oak Hill's offense off the field in the 2nd half. Refs did not decide this game. Oak Hill just seemed more determined in the second half. Minford had no answer for Oak Hill's short passing game, especially the stop route or Westen running the ball the 2nd half.

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

:lol:

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

It was said on this thread earlier that oak hill would be making the excuses when they lost..it was said on here minfor by as many as they want.. That didnt happen..looks like some people are doing exactly what they said we would do!! But we got the W. However, some minford fans were very nice and said that was a great game, we underestimated you guys. And you have a very fine football team..thank you to those making those comments as i exited the stadium.. Goodluck to the falcons the remainder of the year and one more time...WAY TO GO OAKS!!!!

OaksFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by OaksFootballFan »

I don't care how the stats look or whatever but Westen Hale or Jesse Slone from Oak Hill is well deserving of Player Of The Week.

Both players stepped up big for their team in crunch time. Jesse rushed for two touchdowns and Westen rushed for one. But also on defense they both came up with KEY interceptions.

Jesse had one in the first half to drive us down the field for a TD.

Westen had the biggest play of the night with the interception with under 3 minutes to go in the 4th quarter to seal the victory for the Oaks!!!!!!!!

That had to be the best game of the week and either Westen Hale or Jesse Slone should be THE PLAYER OF WEEK!

Great job Oaks!

Or you could just give it to the Oak Hill Oaks whole team!!!!

- That is what I posted on the "Player of the Week 5" thread up at the very top of the Sticky's so all Oaks fans who think one of those boys are well deserving of winning that this week go nominate one of them and if you can post the stats when they are available.

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

Incognito wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:
ThurstonHowellIII wrote:Looked to me like my Falcons came in to confident. the passing was not good. I kept trying to figure out why Minford wont throw to there open receivers. they were open all night and Minford would take a sack or throw a interception instead of throwing to the open receiver. there is no reason to go for bombs downfield when you have guys open for 10 to 15 yd gains. major factor in the game.
i am surprised minford played this bad. oak hill looked good and earned it. time to wake up minford.

Are the plays so that Oesch can check off or are they to a specific receiver. I would bet that most teams strategy around here are for 1 receiver. Burg is much the same way imo, just by watchin them, or I could be wrong haha. Nice game though, wish I could have seen it. Does any1 know if Nextv or ZOne carried this game?

Pretty sure there are check offs, but it looks like sometimes he is locked on one receiver even though there IS other options. He missed a receiver with about 20 yards of running room, instead he threw to the deep receiver and got picked off.

it was easy to see who was being throwed to. he locks on a receiver at the snap and every secondary knows who is being throwed to. good secondarys will make you pay and oak hills did. thats why every team has had an interception against minford. just no excuse not to throw to open receivers. better to hit a 10 yard pass or throw away than to throw an int. should have ran slone more. he had over 100 yards in the first quarter.

this one is over and there is no reason to dwell on it. wont change anything. lets just hope minford has learned the lesson that many have been worried about for weeks about the passing.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Congrats to Oak Hill on the W !
This game came down to who really wanted it the most. I really don`t understand why We never gave Slone the ball only a few times in the 2nd half, after 100 plus yards in the first half, never seen the holding call on the called back TD, but we still had chances to pull out the win.
Enough on this game ! Someone has to stepup and be a leader! No emotion at all on this team last nite. You know what to expect this week.
Come on Falcons ! You can pull together !

GO RED !!

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

uponthehill load it please, do you have the interception also?? also the 5 times the right tackle ... holds the minfords end..just seen pics from oh side.. and the ref is in the pics.. i heard the refs are from WV.. same as last week at CG.. and did one really hug sloan after the game ... wow if that happend :122246 :122246 .. well anyway great game from a fans point .... good luck to both teams...

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Uponthehill: Please post it and when you do you'll see it never happened. I know what I saw. The reason why you haven't posted it b/c you know it was a bogus call. That's why the flag came out when Minford's QB Oesch was 35 yards down the field. That's why the same Ref turned around and hugged Oak Hill's QB Sloan as soon as the game was over. I was scouting Minford so I don't have a dog in the fight, but I know a home job when I see it.

Minford still had their chances to win but the QB made some bad decisions passing, and I feel Oak Hill did win the battle in the trenches. Oak Hill played hard and they do have nice players.

Oak Hill will win out, go 10-0 and will still not have enough points to crack the 8th sport in region 19.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Vladimir wrote:Uponthehill: Please post it and when you do you'll see it never happened. I know what I saw. The reason why you haven't posted it b/c you know it was a bogus call. That's why the flag came out when Minford's QB Oesch was 35 yards down the field. That's why the same Ref turned around and hugged Oak Hill's QB Sloan as soon as the game was over. I was scouting Minford so I don't have a dog in the fight, but I know a home job when I see it.

Minford still had their chances to win but the QB made some bad decisions passing, and I feel Oak Hill did win the battle in the trenches. Oak Hill played hard and they do have nice players.

Oak Hill will win out, go 10-0 and will still not have enough points to crack the 8th sport in region 19.

It's almost impossible to not make the playoffs after a 10-0 season, its happend once since they went to the current playoff #'s.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

glad , to see that someone also seen it .. this is going north.... let the kids play!!!

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

bushmaster24....Will you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee get a life and move on.

:122249

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

wow :lol:

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Gotta give huge props to Corey Kuhn from Oak Hill, he had to be the defensive player of the game. He really stepped up Friday night, he had to of had 10+ tackles, I know on one possession he had 3 tackles and 2 of them were for a loss and 1 was a sack. Nice job Kuhndog,keep it up.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

oak_a_holic wrote:Wow.. You Minford fans are classy. Sure have changed my view on y'all! Saying congrats is a very classy act. You guys played great too. Good luck on the rest of your season. I wish you the best. Go Oaks!!

And when they called that run back the flag was for block in the back then another was thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct.

bushmaster24 wrote:glad , to see that someone also seen it .. this is going north.... let the kids play!!!
Vladimir wrote:
oak_a_holic wrote:Wow.. You Minford fans are classy. Sure have changed my view on y'all! Saying congrats is a very classy act. You guys played great too. Good luck on the rest of your season. I wish you the best. Go Oaks!!

And when they called that run back the flag was for block in the back then another was thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Also, what was up with the Ref hugging Oak Hills QB after the game?

Oakaholic: seems like you spoke a bit too soon on the Minford fans being classy. Saying all this stuff is just ridiculous. If you guys were SO good like you talked then the refs wouldn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. Bottom line: Oaks won. Minford lost and being sore losers about it and talking about penalties and stupid stuff.

The penalty was thrown wayy early too. The running back for Minford had only ran about 5 yards whenever the flag was thrown and the ref wasn't even looking at where the running back was. I hope somebody does post a video of it.

SOME minford fans are showing class by saying congrats and OTHERS aren't. not saying ALL. just wanted to point that out. that some are, and some aren't.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Here is a link to the video on the so called questionable call. I highlighted 2 actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5MjEUd060A

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Yeah, # 57 the DE is engaged by the wingback who's head is clearly in front and he turns his back into the wing back, which is not a block in the back penalty. # 78 trips over a pulling guard who falls down in traffic, so that's not a penalty either.

As I said, I know a home job when I see it and with the TD Minford wins 21-20, and that same Ref who threw the flag was the one who hugged the Oaks QB after the game. If I was an Oak I be hugging him too.

Return to “Football”