Week 5 Logan @ Ironton

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 5 Logan @ Ironton

Post by mattash »

Ironton should stay in the SEOAL. It would be a nice 8 team league.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Having seen both teams play over the past two Friday nights, I'd have to give the edge to Logan.
I was highly impressed with both ballclubs. They're each well coached and both teams are loaded with fine athletes.
For me, this is the must-see game of Week 5.

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

I havent posted in a while but for a game like this you have to.

Just want to throw it out there that for the second week in a row JJHuddle has put Logan on top of its DII power rankings. Impressive stuff.

A bit of advice to Logan...

and you'll be okay.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

WASHINGTON - Counterterrorism officials have issued security bulletins to police around the nation about terrorist interest in attacking stadiums, entertainment complexes and hotels — the latest in a flurry of such internal warnings as investigators chase a possible bomb plot in Denver and New York.

In the two bulletins — sent to police departments Monday and obtained by The Associated Press — officials said they know of no specific plots against such sites, but urged law enforcement and private companies to be vigilant. These two bulletins followed on the heels of a similar warning about the vulnerabilities of mass transit systems.

The bulletin on stadiums notes that an al-Qaida training manual specifically lists "blasting and destroying the places of amusement, immorality, and sin... and attacking vital economic centers" as desired targets of the organization.

FBI must've heard Angle & Co. will be bombing Tanks Memorial Friday night! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

i'm not ironton or logan fan but it seems that logan can beat teams that are from small divisions than they are, but when it comes to the playoffs and they have to play the bigger schools they don't fair so well. i just think when you don't play the big schools you forget to play the caliber ball that you have to play to compete with the bigger schools. i think that logan can't play with the big schools because they play the smaller schools each year.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Chiefs be huffum one big pip'um, think'm them um one big powerprogram'um. Kantucky sam'um headem over to irontonfootball com'um and find outum truthum. Put um down pipeeem...Chief-um little dooog um

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

[quote="2old"]The point is 45 in this century The Tigers have done neither. So are all those kids running,sweating,and trying hard just losers in your eyes??

No one but Logan has won the SEOAL since the players playing this year have been in high
school. No one in the SEOAL has been champion of any type in football but the Logan kids. That state stuff is last century for the Tigers. Today's Tigers know NOTHING but reading tired old banners that get older every season. Some day you can buy those at a yard sale in Ironton.[/quotesee 2old. that is where you cross the line. the first sentence of your post, is why you should not be on here, referring to kids as losers. you could probably crawl under a pregnant copperhead, you and paladin are that low. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

wowhesfast
Freshman Team

Post by wowhesfast »

i'm not ironton or logan fan but it seems that logan can beat teams that are from small divisions than they are, but when it comes to the playoffs and they have to play the bigger schools they don't fair so well. i just think when you don't play the big schools you forget to play the caliber ball that you have to play to compete with the bigger schools. i think that logan can't play with the big schools because they play the smaller schools each year

Logan 2009 Opponent size stats (Logan's size is 453 boys)

Lancaster-646 or a difference of +193
Pick North-709 +256
Ham Township-350 -103
Gallia Academy-268 -185
Ironton-182 -271
Zanesville-399 -54
Marietta-393 -60
Warren-362 -91
Jackson-301 -152
Chillicothe-331 -122

Avg size of teams on logan schedule is 394.1. 59 less than logan. or 87% of logan's size.

Teams logan has lost to in 07,08

Lancaster (as before mentioned)
Dresden Tri Valley 412 -43
Louisville 377 -76

Avg size of teams logan lost to: 478.3 or on average 25 more boys than logan.
Last edited by wowhesfast on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

bilco2 wrote:i'm not ironton or logan fan but it seems that logan can beat teams that are from small divisions than they are, but when it comes to the playoffs and they have to play the bigger schools they don't fair so well. i just think when you don't play the big schools you forget to play the caliber ball that you have to play to compete with the bigger schools. i think that logan can't play with the big schools because they play the smaller schools each year.

I guess maybe you should read the thread before you post? This has done been addressed several times. Can't think of anything original to say? :lol:

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
2old wrote:The point is 45 in this century The Tigers have done neither. So are all those kids running,sweating,and trying hard just losers in your eyes??

No one but Logan has won the SEOAL since the players playing this year have been in high
school. No one in the SEOAL has been champion of any type in football but the Logan kids. That state stuff is last century for the Tigers. Today's Tigers know NOTHING but reading tired old banners that get older every season. Some day you can buy those at a yard sale in Ironton.[/quotesee 2old. that is where you cross the line. the first sentence of your post, is why you should not be on here, referring to kids as losers. you could probably crawl under a pregnant copperhead, you and paladin are that low. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

He was asking you a question not calling those kids losers.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

kantuckyII wrote:Chiefs be huffum one big pip'um, think'm them um one big powerprogram'um. Kantucky sam'um headem over to irontonfootball com'um and find outum truthum. Put um down pipeeem...Chief-um little dooog um

I think I deciphered that..regardless..you'll find out Friday what the Chiefs can do! :razz:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
2old wrote:The point is 45 in this century The Tigers have done neither. So are all those kids running,sweating,and trying hard just losers in your eyes??

school. No one in the SEOAL has been champion of any type in football but the Logan kids. That state stuff is last century for the Tigers. Today's Tigers know NOTHING but reading tired old banners that get older every season. Some day you can buy those at a yard sale in Ironton.
see 2old. that is where you cross the line. the first sentence of your post, is why you should not be on here, referring to kids as losers. you could probably crawl under a pregnant copperhead, you and paladin are that low. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]WITH ALL DUE DISRESPECT, DID YOU READ THE FIRST LINE OF THIS POST.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

gochiefs wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:Also...I will never say Ironton lost because they are a smaller school. If I ever mention size, it is because if I were a D2 school, it wouldnt be a big deal to beat a D4 school. It should be expected. I dont think a D2 over a D4 should be something you can hang your hat on. If Ironton loses, it will not be because Logan is a bigger school. Itll be because Logan has a better football team.

Logan never 'expects' to win any game...that's why they play the game...if they are expected to win..why play it? Anything can happen on any given Friday..if Logan beats Ironton..we will only hang our hat on it with certain posters that give us crap right back. But believe me..if/when we beat Ironton...we won't deem our season a success..our season doesn't depend on what we do against Ironton regardless of what SOME Ironton posters think. It's just another Week 5 game like it is every year.[/quoteAND LIKEWISE WITH US CHIEF. win or lose both should make the playoffs, because they both have great teams. our success is not measured by wins or losses to logan. but by our success in the preseason. which is what all teams strive for in reality. and i would love to see both programs go all the way. regardless of who wins this game. but it is , no doubt, a huge stepping stone, pointwise for the winner of this one. could be in the drivers seat.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

grizzlynatural wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:

He was asking you a question not calling those kids losers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- grizz, you and i both know this cat, and what he meant. i'll leave it at that.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:our success is not measured by wins or losses to logan. but by our success in the preseason. which is what all teams strive for in reality.

I don't know how you guys do things down on the river..but where I'm from..we don't really care about our success in the preseason! :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Tigerbait -

No, you MISread what he said.

It's the Ironton posters who say that if you don't win state you are wasting your time. 2old was asking if the IF the Ironton kids are losers too?

The rest of your Ironton buddies seem to imply that Logan's kids are losers because we don't win state. 2old was asking if the same was true for your kids.

He didn't call ANYONE losers.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

He was asking you a question not calling those kids losers.[/quote]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- grizz, you and i both know this cat, and what he meant. i'll leave it at that.[/quote]

Hes asking you (Ironton fans) based on Ironton logic of sucess being measured by state championships if all the other teams you have had are losers since they did not win state. He is not calling them losers.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Sorry YTB..I'm gonna have to side with them on this one..especially after I always hear about us Logan posters putting words in Ironton posters mouths. He was just merely posing a question. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

gochiefs wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:our success is not measured by wins or losses to logan. but by our success in the preseason. which is what all teams strive for in reality.

I don't know how you guys do things down on the river..but where I'm from..we don't really care about our success in the preseason! :lol:[/quote[size=200-------------------------------- THATS TOO FUNNY, CHEIF, SHOULD I HAVE SAID POSTSEASON, MAYBE. [/size]

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

gochiefs wrote:

I don't know how you guys do things down on the river..but where I'm from..we don't really care about our success in the preseason! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good eye Chief! lol Kinda jealous i didnt catch it....

Return to “Football”