Re: Week 5 Logan @ Ironton

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OH, THAT WAS A HOOT. :-D

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I, for one, will be happy when this Friday has come and gone. May the best team win and let's all put the "history" of both schools behind us.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

YTB,,

I know you have trouble seeing. Ans i know peopel often see what they want to see. Now I challehge you to find any post in history where i called the kids losers. If you read my stuff i keep posters on the straight and narrow but i give kids alot of latitude. i will forgive you for your unkind and uncalled for remarks.

I would suggest you think before you post. And just incase there is aquestion in yoru mind, yes the Chiefs will win big Friday night. Unlike many Ironton posters i have not missed a prediction in four years.

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

Please dont tell me this thread will be shut down like last year if a certain team doesn't win.. ;-)
Last edited by Captain Cavalier on Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2old wrote:YTB,,

I know you have trouble seeing. Ans i know peopel often see what they want to see. Now I challehge you to find any post in history where i called the kids losers. If you read my stuff i keep posters on the straight and narrow but i give kids alot of latitude. i will forgive you for your unkind and uncalled for remarks.

I would suggest you think before you post. And just incase there is aquestion in yoru mind, yes the Chiefs will win big Friday night. Unlike many Ironton posters i have not missed a prediction in four years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- dude, if i misread , or misinterpreted that, then i apologize to you publically. you have said so much, i never know what to expect. my apologies, ytb.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: Logan by 42, their going to take the kittens out behind the ol woodshed!!! What do you think of that prediction TURK ol buddy?

where in the hell you been forrest, the wife had you chained to the fence......aint seen you out and about for a long time.........Rodney told me you wasnt henpecked, you just had chicken house ways.......... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what can I say about that prediction.........I mean you SweatBees know football so I am not going to question it.......... :lol: :lol:

See U at the Fort

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Ironton has good speed. If I were lutz, I would put the speedsters at the ends and hulk in the middle and get every bit of pressure on Mr Angle as i could. Just make sure your zone coverage is as fast to handle quick throws to his receivers. Bend dont break. But if Logan gets in the red AREA , dont go with the short yardage scheme, keep speed in an look for the tendency and cover it!! Tall order for Ironton. Maybe this helps! LOL. Good luck FIGHTING TIGERS!! HRRRRUMMMPHHH!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Purple

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I said it last week before the Ashland game and I will say it again... Ironton will have 2-3 losses this year...I said that because I was not impressed with their play against Gallia....My best friend works in the ER that night and he told me some of the stories the players from gallia were telling him...it was pretty upsetting but part of the game.. Gallia hung with them for a good while until Ironton started taking out our starters... Logan wins this game big..and wow.. there will be their second loss.....

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

demaniac1 wrote:Ironton has good speed. If I were lutz, I would put the speedsters at the ends and hulk in the middle and get every bit of pressure on Mr Angle as i could. Just make sure your zone coverage is as fast to handle quick throws to his receivers. Bend dont break. But if Logan gets in the red AREA , dont go with the short yardage scheme, keep speed in an look for the tendency and cover it!! Tall order for Ironton. Maybe this helps! LOL. Good luck FIGHTING TIGERS!! HRRRRUMMMPHHH!

Thats whats going to happen Friday night and Angle is going to pick this D apart.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

demaniac, I know Bob appreciates what you would do if you were him and you do have some good points however keep one thing in mind.........this is not Bob's first or last rodeo, this is not the first Friday he has faced a QB with the talent that Patrick has and he is a good one.

I remember a Friday nite in Athens when the Tigers faced a QB now in the pro ranks by the name of Nate Davis but due to a problem with the kicker the Tigers went down. I also remember a brisk November afternoon in the fine city of Bellaire when the Tigers faced another Davis (Jose) and he in fact did demolish a Tiger defense. I also remember a brisk November evening when we faced another fine athlete from Germantown Valley View who had the Tigers down by 21 at the half but unfortunately he suffered a game ending injury and the Tiger came back and won the game. I along with a lot of the old timers have witnessed many ups and downs but come Saturday morning we will gather again to discuss the game regardless of the outcome.

I think most of us welcome the opportunity to see a team like Logan with superior athletes and one of the best QBs in the state run into the Tank for the last time. If you can look over and read thru all the BS put out by a few posters and forget the past because it doesnt matter anymore, all that matters is for 22 young men to compete and let the best man win.

2 great coaches will be looking across the field at each other for probably the last time.......with the utmost respect for each other.......

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:demaniac, I know Bob appreciates what you would do if you were him and you do have some good points however keep one thing in mind.........this is not Bob's first or last rodeo, this is not the first Friday he has faced a QB with the talent that Patrick has and he is a good one.

I remember a Friday nite in Athens when the Tigers faced a QB now in the pro ranks by the name of Nate Davis but due to a problem with the kicker the Tigers went down. I also remember a brisk November afternoon in the fine city of Bellaire when the Tigers faced another Davis (Jose) and he in fact did demolish a Tiger defense. I also remember a brisk November evening when we faced another fine athlete from Germantown Valley View who had the Tigers down by 21 at the half but unfortunately he suffered a game ending injury and the Tiger came back and won the game. I along with a lot of the old timers have witnessed many ups and downs but come Saturday morning we will gather again to discuss the game regardless of the outcome.

I think most of us welcome the opportunity to see a team like Logan with superior athletes and one of the best QBs in the state run into the Tank for the last time. If you can look over and read thru all the BS put out by a few posters and forget the past because it doesnt matter anymore, all that matters is for 22 young men to compete and let the best man win.

2 great coaches will be looking across the field at each other for probably the last time.......with the utmost respect for each other.......

Marvelous post.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

They would probably fare better in the playoffs if they scheduled more DI and DII teams rather than the DIV teams in southern ohio that just run the ball all the time

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

I agree 85, excellent post by TTT. Hard to believe this may be the last time these 2 teams will play in my lifetime. Good luck to Logan and be careful on the drive down. Here's to hoping the Fighting Tigers can pull the major upset!

GO TIGERS!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

west siders wrote:They would probably fare better in the playoffs if they scheduled more DI and DII teams rather than the DIV teams in southern ohio that just run the ball all the time

west -

Logan plays 6 teams that are D1 or D2. They play 1 team that is D4.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:demaniac, I know Bob appreciates what you would do if you were him and you do have some good points however keep one thing in mind.........this is not Bob's first or last rodeo, this is not the first Friday he has faced a QB with the talent that Patrick has and he is a good one.

Nice post. I'm sure Coach Amyx and his team are excited for the opportunity to play at the Tank. A lot of history there. Hopefully each team plays well and comes away healthy for the second half of hte season.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

LoganLocos wrote:west -

Logan plays 6 teams that are D1 or D2. They play 1 team that is D4.

If he'd read the thread before hand...he would have already realized that. LOL

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

TigerTownTurkey wrote: I along with a lot of the old timers have witnessed many ups and downs but come Saturday morning we will gather again to discuss the game regardless of the outcome.

VERY well said!

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:

I remember a Friday nite in Athens when the Tigers faced a QB now in the pro ranks by the name of Nate Davis but due to a problem with the kicker the Tigers went down. I also remember a brisk November afternoon in the fine city of Bellaire when the Tigers faced another Davis (Jose) and he in fact did demolish a Tiger defense. I also remember a brisk November evening when we faced another fine athlete from Germantown Valley View who had the Tigers down by 21 at the half but unfortunately he suffered a game ending injury and the Tiger came back and won the game.

Who are you trying to kid?? Somebody told you all that stuff. At your age you can't remember what you had for breakfast this morning. :lol:

BTW... I've been watching for UPS to deliver my six pack of Goebel. Nothing yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Riverrat Tiger wrote:I agree 85, excellent post by TTT. Hard to believe this may be the last time these 2 teams will play in my lifetime. Good luck to Logan and be careful on the drive down. Here's to hoping the Fighting Tigers can pull the major upset!

GO TIGERS!

Unless Logan doesnt want to play ironton again, I dont know why this game has to end. I think it could be a good game for all involved. Good gates, hard nosed football, etc. I hope these two schools can play again in the future.

Return to “Football”