Week 5 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

pbuck
All State

Re: Week 5 Nelsonville-York @ Meigs

Post by pbuck »

2 more days Buckeyes.... 1 game @ a time stay focused beat them Mauraders ..... Can't wait untill Friday !!!!!

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Get ready BUCKEYE’S two more days till GAME DAY

BUCKEYE’S WIN by 14

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Orange and Brown wrote:FANOSPORTS!

This thread is about the upcoming meigs/NY game! It's not about how we are going to lose to Ironton or how no one in Ohio respects us. I don't really think any one really cares about the AP poll and we don't really care if any one respects us or not! You seem to be the only person who has a problem with Nelsonville-York! Your right we haven't made it past week 11 for a long time and we haven't won a state title in almost 30 years. The TVC isn't as good as some other leagues in the state of Ohio, but it's our league and we are proud to be in it. I am really really sorry that our boys aren't good enough for you. They work hard all year round and bust there butts on Friday nights!! That is what we care about. We are not Ironton or any other school in the state. We are Nelsonville-York!!!!!!. Our kids play football because they love the game not because they feel like they need to go out and earn respect from the rest of the state. No matter what you or any one else thinks we will still go out and support our team. Our boys will go out and give there all on friday nights.
Now can we get back to the meigs game already??????????

Looks like someone done upset big mama :)

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I think NY was had only one losing season in 1999-2000 and one 5-5 season. If you count the 6-4 years (6-4 is a losing season in Nelsonville) then there are a few more seasons you could add in there! Go Bucks!

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

In this game I think NY is going to scrore more than their average so far this year, but also think they should stay primarily with the run game in spite of the recent success of their passing attack. If the Meigs offense is one dimensional and struggles throwing the ball NY will shut them down and win handily even though its at Roberts' field.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

the out come will depend on which meigs team shows up. if it's the team that took coal grove to the limit meigs has a major shot, if it's the team that was shown by athens , it will be a long night. with this team i cannot say what will happen.

btw good luck to both teams. hope no one gets hurt. if i had a wish it would be that we would have a game like last years that kept me standing until the last minute.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

If the implication of the last post is that Meigs lost to Athens because they played poorly,it simply is not true. Athens was far and away the better team. Not even close. All we heard about was how great the Meigs QB was, and our little overlooked QB went out and made him look terrible. Well throws the ball, Harris passes it.
Nathan Dean can pass it also, and if he does, the Buckeyes will prevail.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:I think NY was had only one losing season in 1999-2000 and one 5-5 season. If you count the 6-4 years (6-4 is a losing season in Nelsonville) then there are a few more seasons you could add in there! Go Bucks!

NY all-time losing seasons:

First four years of school existence -
1967: 4-5
1968: 3-7
1969: 0-10
1970: 2-8

Program undergoes transformation into what we know today. Losing seasons since 1970:

1975: 4-5
1986: 4-6
1999: 4-6

And in those 3 years, losses included Logan, which is many times larger than NY. Playing another school in those years could have resulted in a .500 season each time.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

spartan somehow you read something i did not write.
what i said was against coal grove meigs looked really good
against athens they looked really bad.
if the first team that put up 40 against a really good coal grove team shows up then we will have a ball game.
if the team that can't get out of their own way against athens shows up blow out.
how can anyone take this as an insult to athens?
and if you don't think meigs played poorly you did not see the same game. it was athens' fault, but they played poorly.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

FANOSPORTS, it was a long time ago, but it is still brightly shining.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
55Buckeyes98 wrote:I think NY was had only one losing season in 1999-2000 and one 5-5 season. If you count the 6-4 years (6-4 is a losing season in Nelsonville) then there are a few more seasons you could add in there! Go Bucks!

NY all-time losing seasons:

First four years of school existence -
1967: 4-5
1968: 3-7
1969: 0-10
1970: 2-8

Program undergoes transformation into what we know today. Losing seasons since 1970:

1975: 4-5
1986: 4-6
1999: 4-6

And in those 3 years, losses included Logan, which is many times larger than NY. Playing another school in those years could have resulted in a .500 season each time.

I think '75 was my dad's senior year and I thought they were 5-5.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

In '75, NY had an Open Week in Week 4, and only played 9 games. They lost the first 5 games they played, and finished with four wins in a row.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Orestes wrote:FANOSPORTS, it was a long time ago, but it is still brightly shining.

Nice, must be daddies from the 1981 game at Groveport, huh ? All State Championships are nice and everyone should get to enjoy at least one. I have had the luxury of coaching two teams in amatuer softball that have won Ohio State championships, one in Cleveland (2003) and one in good ole Marietta (2007) and have enjoyed placing in the top 10 four times in the past few years at the World Series with a runner-up finish in one of those. No matter the sport, championships surely are nice !!!!! :)

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

1 day away Let's Go Buckeyes beat them Mauraders !!!!

Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

Buckeye fans,
Cody Pickett sent me a great screen saver with awsome photos of Nelsonville-York football games. I ask him to put it on my website so you can download it. Go to sultanofsmack.com and sultanofsmack forums and you will see it. It is labeled Buckeye screen saver.

Also, Friday at 3:00 is the deadline to enter the sultan of smack pickem challenge.

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

COME ON MEIGS _________________ LOVE TO SEE YOU BOYS KICK SOME
DONKEY FRIDAY NITE , PLAY WITH SOME HEART AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN>>

ps # 21 dad is funny looking.

MEIGS 6
NY -0

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

60% chance of rain durring the game tomorrow. run the ball type of game? might be in ny's favorGO BUCKS

81dendmhs74
JV Team

Post by 81dendmhs74 »

LET IT RAIN WE HAVE SOME HOGS HERE IN MEIGS COUNTY. LETS GO MEIGS CO
HOGS I KNOW YOU LIKE TO EAT BUCKEYES AS A SNACK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> onk onk onk

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Meigs is not at all physical,the Oline and Dline are not real fast IMHO no push to speak of at all from either group

NY 35 Meigs 14

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I think N-Y wins a closer than expected game here. N-Y 35 Meigs 27.

Orestes was there an unintentional subtle message being delivered in your ring photo? Just noticed you didn't use your ring finger. :lol:

Return to “Football”