Week 5 River Valley @ Waterford

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: Week 5 River Valley @ Waterford

Post by Rvfan »

I have forgotten more about football than most of you will ever know!! So I would watch who I was calling an idiot!! When all you do is put the coaching staff down, put the players down, and the school........... that my friend is bashing! Why not do as I asked...... meet with the coaching staff, especially the defensive staff seeing how that in your mind is theroot of all their trouble. You may have played the game, but you, like so many other's on here , know nothing about it. If you did, your posts would prove it. So why don't YOU go somewhere else, and take th ones that are just like you with you, and let this board get back to what it was intended for....... people who know something about the game, and stand behind their teams and their coaches no matter what.

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

I'm glad to see you are able to share your wisdom with us here on the board. We are truly honored. I hope maybe someday I can have the same ability to be "the man" on the SEOPS board. Wow, I just cant say enough about you.

The only thing youre forgetting is that this is a DISCUSSION BOARD. This isn't a place to come and state the obvious or pat backs incessantly. We were just having a lively discussion. Nobody got singled out, and nobody got any undue remarks sent their way. Just a little discussion. Cant live with it? Maybe a DISCUSSION BOARD isnt the place for you, then. If these kids are hurt by whats been said in here, then there are more problems afoot than what happens on the field. Those of you who hold that football teaches life lessons, do you think its good practice to tell someone that everything is ok when there are areas that could be improved? Critique is never harmful if done the right way. I dont see anything wrong with what has been said, and think it to be pretty fair. You shouldnt be operating a board just flood it with fake, empty praise for the kids to come across every time they log in just like the gifts under a christmas tree. If they deserve it, someone will say it and the genuine nature of it will make the remarks even more fulfilling. I actually think you insult the kids on the team, who happen to be in high school, by saying that a few idle remarks and some discussion will hurt them in any way. Buck up. I hope you never discuss football, basketball, or any sport for that matter if you arent the coach. I bet its a nice discussion with just himself in your universe where only the coach can discuss a sport. Wow. I'd love to take a shot and maybe I will someday at coaching. Maybe I should if I ever want to discuss sports again.

Blizzard, yeah that was me. Some good old days at RV for sports for sure. I'm pretty sure I know who you are now. Hope all is well man.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RvDistanceGuy wrote:I'm glad to see you are able to share your wisdom with us here on the board. We are truly honored. I hope maybe someday I can have the same ability to be "the man" on the SEOPS board. Wow, I just cant say enough about you.

The only thing youre forgetting is that this is a DISCUSSION BOARD. This isn't a place to come and state the obvious or pat backs incessantly. We were just having a lively discussion. Nobody got singled out, and nobody got any undue remarks sent their way. Just a little discussion. Cant live with it? Maybe a DISCUSSION BOARD isnt the place for you, then. If these kids are hurt by whats been said in here, then there are more problems afoot than what happens on the field. Those of you who hold that football teaches life lessons, do you think its good practice to tell someone that everything is ok when there are areas that could be improved? Critique is never harmful if done the right way. I dont see anything wrong with what has been said, and think it to be pretty fair. You shouldnt be operating a board just flood it with fake, empty praise for the kids to come across every time they log in just like the gifts under a christmas tree. If they deserve it, someone will say it and the genuine nature of it will make the remarks even more fulfilling. I actually think you insult the kids on the team, who happen to be in high school, by saying that a few idle remarks and some discussion will hurt them in any way. Buck up. I hope you never discuss football, basketball, or any sport for that matter if you arent the coach. I bet its a nice discussion with just himself in your universe where only the coach can discuss a sport. Wow. I'd love to take a shot and maybe I will someday at coaching. Maybe I should if I ever want to discuss sports again.

Blizzard, yeah that was me. Some good old days at RV for sports for sure. I'm pretty sure I know who you are now. Hope all is well man.

All very good points. We are not bashing our alma mater, we just wanna see them do well like everyone else, and the formula just isn't rright. How is it improving when the Raiders continue to not score more than a touchdown and lose games thhat are winnable? The formula just isn't right. Also Distanceguy, I do think you have a good argument as far as offense is concerned. I just feel implementing something different would be better. Jacob Brown is good enough to be a playmaker if given more opportunities.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The only thing youre forgetting is that this is a DISCUSSION BOARD. This isn't a place to come and state the obvious or pat backs incessantly. We were just having a lively discussion. Nobody got singled out, and nobody got any undue remarks sent their way. Just a little discussion. Cant live with it? Maybe a DISCUSSION BOARD isnt the place for you, then.

Thank you for reminding folks that SEOPREPS isn't just a cheerleading hang-out.

And yes, I expect to be called names by the RV staff for saying that.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I think that people just can't tell the difference between bashing and constructive criticism or as distanceguy put it "critiquing".

Return to “Football”