A question to Logan Posters

moonshine
SEO

Re: A question to Logan Posters

Post by moonshine »

Guy's this is all nonsence. what matters is the game friday night. We can argue this until the cows come home. What the hell makes the differance! Both coaches and schools prepare there student athletes to compete in the game of life. I truely think that some of the posters on this site are smoking crack!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

moon--------shine--------stay off the RIVER ---------water in the jug :lol: did you find the leg to the table yet :?: Hey.... I got it ...... and will have another one after the CHIEFS............go into the ''TANK''.........and hit the 'TIGGERS' like we hit SADDAM :122245 .........CHIEFS 35 --------tiggers 14........and thats being nice :lol: watch this ''D-LINE'' with Bobby Russell and Mc Cray.leading the way ....and look for a end name ROBINSON......to have some ''HUGE SACKS''............ :shock: :-D :!:

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

I played footbal for 10 plus years and we had the same goals every year win the league go 10-0 and make a run into the playoffs. yes playoff success is a major goal we strived for every year. but when we won the league title and made the playoffs that was two major goals that we had that we succeded at. this is high school football not the pros success is great and everything but you have to remember back to when you were in high school wernt you just happy with a win on friday night?

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Logangrad wrote:Thats what I thought when you picked Ironton to "run the table" last week.... :mrgreen:

Just last week? The guys been spewing that since I joined this site! LOL

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

logan78 wrote:I played footbal for 10 plus years and we had the same goals every year win the league go 10-0 and make a run into the playoffs. yes playoff success is a major goal we strived for every year. but when we won the league title and made the playoffs that was two major goals that we had that we succeded at. this is high school football not the pros success is great and everything but you have to remember back to when you were in high school wernt you just happy with a win on friday night?

you played in the seoal for 10 years?

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

85inside wrote:
logan78 wrote:I played footbal for 10 plus years and we had the same goals every year win the league go 10-0 and make a run into the playoffs. yes playoff success is a major goal we strived for every year. but when we won the league title and made the playoffs that was two major goals that we had that we succeded at. this is high school football not the pros success is great and everything but you have to remember back to when you were in high school wernt you just happy with a win on friday night?

you played in the seoal for 10 years?

Nice try, but even before "school football" you play in a league. His point is that you win league. Again, nice try.

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

i forgot that i have to spell things out for some of the posters on here. no i did not play in the seoal for 10 years i only did for 6 but as was said you play in a league no matter what kind of football your playing. then you go to the playoffs. figured i would spell it out so there was no more confusion. winning league is number one priority and playoffs is just icing on the cake.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

logan78 wrote:i forgot that i have to spell things out for some of the posters on here. no i did not play in the seoal for 10 years i only did for 6 but as was said you play in a league no matter what kind of football your playing. then you go to the playoffs. figured i would spell it out so there was no more confusion. winning league is number one priority and playoffs is just icing on the cake.

You played in the seoal for 6 years? Wow!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Breaking News! Logan has a 6 year playing plan, now we know why they win all of those SEOAL Championships. :lol: :lol: :lol:

logan78
Riding the Bench

Post by logan78 »

yeah its called junior high through high school.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logan78, Good pick up!

obpg
Waterboy

Post by obpg »

gochiefs wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:In addition to their two championships, they have been to the playoffs 26 times; third most of any program in the state.

Wow..so they've been to the playoffs 26 times..and have only won it twice? Dang..they must REALLY suck! :roll: I mean..as great as they sound..surely you could get like..5..maybe 6 titles out of 26 appearances? Surely if Logan had that many chances..we would have a couple too! *notice the sarcasm in the statement* All kidding aside though..they talk about there history..going so deep in the playoffs...and all that..but..when you lose in the playoffs 24 times...I guess that's not really much to brag about either is it? Who cares how deep you go if you can't win it all.

So you would rather lose in the first round than the state semi-final?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

obpg wrote:
gochiefs wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:In addition to their two championships, they have been to the playoffs 26 times; third most of any program in the state.

Wow..so they've been to the playoffs 26 times..and have only won it twice? Dang..they must REALLY suck! :roll: I mean..as great as they sound..surely you could get like..5..maybe 6 titles out of 26 appearances? Surely if Logan had that many chances..we would have a couple too! *notice the sarcasm in the statement* All kidding aside though..they talk about there history..going so deep in the playoffs...and all that..but..when you lose in the playoffs 24 times...I guess that's not really much to brag about either is it? Who cares how deep you go if you can't win it all.

So you would rather lose in the first round than the state semi-final?

Any way you look at it tiggers It si like taking candy awat from a baby!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

obpg wrote:So you would rather lose in the first round than the state semi-final?

Of course not..but in the end..you still lost..so..does it matter? No.

obpg
Waterboy

Post by obpg »

gochiefs wrote:
obpg wrote:So you would rather lose in the first round than the state semi-final?

Spoken (or in this case written) from someone who has not been there. Trust me, it does matter. I was on a team that got beat in the state semi-finals and would I trade that for a SEOAL championship? NO WAY. Once you make it that far, you will understand of what I speak.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

obpg wrote:
Spoken (or in this case written) from someone who has not been there. Trust me, it does matter. I was on a team that got beat in the state semi-finals and would I trade that for a SEOAL championship? NO WAY. Once you make it that far, you will understand of what I speak.

Once again, why is it EITHER/OR?

Why not win a league championship AND advance in the playoffs? That's Logan's goal.

This idea that Logan chooses league titles over playoff wins is illogical. You can NOT win a state championship in the regular season. It's impossible.

Regular Season Goal: League Champions
Post Season Goal: State Championship

It's not either or. The goal is to win every game you play. PERIOD.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

To quote many posters "Well Said Locos".

gotigers
Freshman Team

Post by gotigers »

gochiefs wrote:

It does matter for the future of your program. Consistently having 3 or 4 more weeks of practice together every year makes a big difference.

GO TIGERS!!!

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

obpg wrote:Spoken (or in this case written) from someone who has not been there. Trust me, it does matter. I was on a team that got beat in the state semi-finals and would I trade that for a SEOAL championship? NO WAY. Once you make it that far, you will understand of what I speak.

EXACTLY! And what do you have to show for it? Absolutely NOTHING..except you can say hey..I lost a game! At least there is still a trophy in the case if you win your league..just like Locos said..certain goals come firsthand..the other goals fall into place..the Chiefs will not go far into the playoffs if they can't win in this league..that's all there is to it. First goal..league. Second goal..make the playoff. Third goal..win a State Championship. How had is that concept to grasp?? That's EVERYONE's goals that plays football!

Return to “Football”