editorial from ashland paper about ironton game

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Re: editorial from ashland paper about ironton game

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Yes, but at least we have loaded up and started that trip 7 times time this decade to your 4. You see the playoffs are like the lottery. You gotta be in them to win it all.

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Here's an idea..how 'bout everyone quit worrying about what who has done when and focus on the beating Friday night? When Logan wins..you can keep talking about how many times Ironton has went to the playoffs this century compared to Logan..and Logan will keep talking about being 4-0 against Ironton this century. It will continue to be that way...so how 'bout this week at least we all just worry and talk about the game? Then the other nonsense can start again on Monday.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Logan has a right to be proud of what they have done lately but they should strive to do more(playoffs). As far as beating Ironton the last 3 or 4 years it would be more impressive if any those Tiger teams were as good as some of Tiger teams of the 1980's or 1990's. Both sets of fans are very proud of their teams and their history and rightly so. If Logan wins will it be remembered 10 years from now as a great win ? For me it won't because although this a very good Tiger team it is not yet an elite team. When Logan beats an Ironton team with talent the likes of Jermon Jackson, Bobby Brice, Conwell, Bacon and head hunters like Rick Ferguson and Steve Willis(rip) then I will say WOW. You know that day could be on the way because Ironton will be back. Good luck to both teams and make some noise in the playoffs.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I actually talked to an Ashland grad tonight over at the gym and he was so embarressed about the article. He was like yeah we havent beaten you guys in a while, but you gotta act like youve been there before. He was at the game and he was like here is a great program like Ashland rushing the field because they beat Ironton. He just thought it was riduculous for them to act that way.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Logangrad, What excuses? I just said this isn't a elite Ironton team. That is not to say that Ironton won't win. If Logan wins maybe you all should tear down the goal posts since beating Ironton seems to be the highlight of your season. I tried to be fair and objective but that wasnt good enough for you.
We do agree on one thing though GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Logangrad, What excuses? I just said this isn't a elite Ironton team. That is not to say that Ironton won't win. If Logan wins maybe you all should tear down the goal posts since beating Ironton seems to be the highlight of your season. I tried to be fair and objective but that wasnt good enough for you.

Flying Dutchman -

Stop flattering the Tigers. Ironton is only a big win b/c it is THIS weeks game.

Ironton won't be half the achievement beating Lancaster was. And that's a FACT.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

LoganLocos wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Logangrad, What excuses? I just said this isn't a elite Ironton team. That is not to say that Ironton won't win. If Logan wins maybe you all should tear down the goal posts since beating Ironton seems to be the highlight of your season. I tried to be fair and objective but that wasnt good enough for you.

Flying Dutchman -

Stop flattering the Tigers. Ironton is only a big win b/c it is THIS weeks game.

Ironton won't be half the achievement beating Lancaster was. And that's a FACT.

The fans who dont associate with this site dont really think of beating Ironton as any big thing. Its only a big thing to people on here who talk to Ironton people every day to talk crap back and forth for a year strait until the big game.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Logangrad wrote:

And as a parent and a fan, the Lancaster and PNorth wins were the highlights of my season so far, and I am going to Ironton this week to see the field as I have never been. I have been saying for weeks now that Zanesville is more of a worry to me than Ironton. We have our whole team back from a year ago and a team that beat Ironton by what 28 points? We arent 28 points worse than a year ago and the wheels would have to completely fall off to not win big this year. Just my opinion. The weather looks ok for the game and Angle has been playing great and we have a running game going well right now as well. I think it takes a perfect effort from the Tigers and a less than perfect effort from Logan to see a Tiger win.

I would agree with this. Zanesville is what, an undefeated D2 team? They should worry a D2 Logan team much more than a 3-1 D4 team. I agree also, that it will take a perfect game for Ironton to win. I have seen them before. That is why we play the games on the field. My wishes for a safe, injury free game. Travel safe to Ironton.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Isn't there a Logan vs Ironton thread allready started, why don't we keep the bickering on that thread instead of every other thread on this site???????

itown keg 77
Riding the Bench

Post by itown keg 77 »

thought the topic was about editorial from ashland paper about ironton game

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

Guess the editorial just wasn't worth talking about. :122245

Return to “Football”