Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK6 (4-1) Wheelersburg @ (4-1) Minford SOC2

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

sider wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
sider wrote:Everyone in the county knows the best way to beat wheelersburg year in and year out is to run right at them...

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... and just which team in the county does that year in and year out ????

If you look at game films from years past (espicially the last four, and trust I have watched a great deal of game film against burg, and played against burg) you will see that teams have the most success running dives and traps against them, because they are smaller up front, they always stop sweep and option because they are so fast...one reason I think they will beat minford...and if you read on later in my post I say, thats teams can't beat them because of their scheme, discipline, and coaching...I'm not knocking Burg, but if you watch the films of them playing Minford the past two years, West the past two years, and Valley last year (in the first half before #7's injury) they ran iso, traps and dives very well against Burg, however all of those teams except one lost, they moved the ball effectively...maybe I should change it "The best way to move the ball against Burg is through a power run game"
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
sider wrote:

I think the running back talk got started from someone saying they would rather have Schank than Pendleton, I would for many reasons (no discrediting Schankweiler), and not because I'm a West fan...but thats my opinion everyone is entitled to it, enough about the siders...this is a burg-minford thread.

OOPS !! Freudian slip ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

/

I think that has something to do with dyslexia or poor reading skills on my part, not sub conciously thinking that, I'm sorry I can think of at least 3 backs in this area I would rather have, even though Shankweiler is very good

WOW!!!! Really, 3????? Who would the other 2 be?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Yes please tell us the other two backs you would take over Shank. He would be my 2nd back of choice!

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

YEA MINFORD HAS THIS ONE IN THE BAG BECUZ BURG DONT HAVE THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE AND MINFORD CANT GET BEAT BY THE REFFS THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg takes alot of chances on defense. At times they are kind of predictable. Against power running teams they'll go to a 5-3. When teams hit them hard up the middle they'll go to the eagle front and slant their line to the formation. Last year against West, they slanted trying to take away Dale Swords and Pendelton killed them on the counters. Their idea on D is to make big plays, whether their losses or turnovers. If the offense is disciplined and go straight ahead, you can limit your losses if they guess the right hole and make them pay big when they don't. That is why they've struggled so much at times with Ironton.

If I was the opposing coach, I would give my quarterback the freedom to audible. If you call a dive to the 2 whole and they shift to the eagle front, let him audible to the 4 or 6 where it will be wide open.

As far as backs. Pendelton is very good. As good as his brother Jared was, he will tell you that Trevon is better. He's big, fast, and has great vision. Shankweiler, Sloan, and others are good, but not as good as Pendelton. But that's just an opinion. In fact, I'm not sure Murphy isn't as good as the others himself.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would have loved to have seen Schanks yards if he would have gotten the same amount of carries against Portsmouth and Rock Hill that Pendleton had in those two games. He might have had 15 carries between the two games and yet he still rushed for 328 yards for 21. 5 yards per carry.

I, myself have never seen Pendleton run as I missed the Burg-West game last year. IMO, Schank has been one of the best at Burg in a long time at seeing the hole, hitting it strong and then breaking tackles as he goes through the hole. He has the capability of breaking one to the house everytime he touches it.

I guess we'll see what each back, Pendleton and Schank or made of starting this week. Pendleton has Waverly and Schank has Minford. It's time to seperate the men from the boys.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

falcon_2010 wrote:YEA MINFORD HAS THIS ONE IN THE BAG BECUZ BURG DONT HAVE THE HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE AND MINFORD CANT GET BEAT BY THE REFFS THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Do you think minford gets homered everytime they lose because it seems that way. Your blaming the oakhill loss on the refs, last yrs burg loses on the refs, what happened against west last yr at minford, let me guess they brought their own refs. I have seen some very questionable calls when teams travel out of this area to play but your not going to get homered when you play other teams in the county. I don't think you get much of a home feild advantage when the other team takes a 10 minute bus ride to get to your feild where they have played many times since jr high.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I would rather have Pendleton, Sloan, and possibly Westen Hale from Oak Hill or Shankweiler's teammate Craigmiles...again it sounds like I'm downgrading the kid, but I'm not I have watched all three of these backs play more than one game, aned I would rather have those backs...Just my opinion

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

sider wrote:I would rather have Pendleton, Sloan, and possibly Westen Hale from Oak Hill or Shankweiler's teammate Craigmiles...again it sounds like I'm downgrading the kid, but I'm not I have watched all three of these backs play more than one game, aned I would rather have those backs...Just my opinion

I'll tell you what, Schankweiler has impressed me. Actually he is a better overall RB over Craigmiles just not a fast. He is a playmaker. I'll take Pendleton, Sloan and Schank in my backfield.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

West got homered at Minford last year. West had over 200 yards in penalities in the 1st half. The best was when both the DB and WR came down with the ball and the DB wrestled it away after both hit the ground, and it was an INT before half deep in Minford territory. The rule is on a simultaneous catch is, it goes to the offense. The major problem I've seen, and any team going into Ironton knows this, is when it's a tight game and the visitors break one, it gets called back for holding, block in the back, and it's very questionable.

If it's obvious then call it, but there should be a degree to where you let the players play the game and only call stuff that's blantant. When games get decided by the Refs it takes away from the game itself and no fan of the game should see it as acceptable.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

BULDOG wrote:
sider wrote:I would rather have Pendleton, Sloan, and possibly Westen Hale from Oak Hill or Shankweiler's teammate Craigmiles...again it sounds like I'm downgrading the kid, but I'm not I have watched all three of these backs play more than one game, aned I would rather have those backs...Just my opinion

I'll tell you what, Schankweiler has impressed me. Actually he is a better overall RB over Craigmiles just not a fast. He is a playmaker. I'll take Pendleton, Sloan and Schank in my backfield.

That would be one heck of a backfield...no one in area could contend with that

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

That is a nice backfield, but I think I would have Schank at QB with that backfield. Man, would that be tough to defend.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

i've watched minford against oak hill and coal grove: and i'e watched burg against ironton, cleveland st. joe, and portsmouth... the burg is by far a much better team, they are better at every single posistion, the falcons can't match up to them in any aspect. ill give it to minford, they are a physical, hard hitting team, but they don't have the pieces to beat burg. i know sloan has put up some decent number, but he won't do anything agaisnt the tough nosed burg D... that leaves it up to minford's passing game, wich doesn't even really exist, ive seen Aaron make two good throws, and they were against OH on the last drive, he followed those two good passes up by throwing a pick to end the game. another reason i feel that burg will win is because of their coaching staff. i didnt totally agree with the offense when i watched them play against ironton, they were running a power game, with speedy backs... they weren't utalizing their offense they way they could have, after that game woodward changed up the game plan and really has the offense clicking... Burg waaaaaaayyyyyyyy big...

Burg 42
minford 7... maybe 14 (depends if the burg subs in the second half)

... Good Luck Pirates

as for west... i haven't seen them play yet, but KNOW that they will not beat the burg with such a one-dimensional offense. they give the ball to pendleton every play, and that wont work against burg, it may have last year but won't unless all of the west siders get together and do another rain dance...

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

and i would pick shank over any other player around here... he is a machine, his football IQ is above anyone elses, he's a winner, and has a nose for the end zone...

i wouldn't put him at QB though, look at the success of this team with lang at qb compared to last year with shank there... shank's hands are to little, and he's obviously a natural rb... and lang is a perfect fit at qb... did hear though that woodward is going to swap them at rb and qb based on how tired they are during the game...

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:i've watched minford against oak hill and coal grove: and i'e watched burg against ironton, cleveland st. joe, and portsmouth... the burg is by far a much better team, they are better at every single posistion, the falcons can't match up to them in any aspect. ill give it to minford, they are a physical, hard hitting team, but they don't have the pieces to beat burg. i know sloan has put up some decent number, but he won't do anything agaisnt the tough nosed burg D... that leaves it up to minford's passing game, wich doesn't even really exist, ive seen Aaron make two good throws, and they were against OH on the last drive, he followed those two good passes up by throwing a pick to end the game. another reason i feel that burg will win is because of their coaching staff. i didnt totally agree with the offense when i watched them play against ironton, they were running a power game, with speedy backs... they weren't utalizing their offense they way they could have, after that game woodward changed up the game plan and really has the offense clicking... Burg waaaaaaayyyyyyyy big...

Burg 42

... Good Luck Pirates

as for west... i haven't seen them play yet, but KNOW that they will not beat the burg with such a one-dimensional offense. they give the ball to pendleton every play, and that wont work against burg, it may have last year but won't unless all of the west siders get together and do another rain dance...

This shows how much you know about west. Pendleton is only averging 4 more carries a game than Murphy so why don't you people quit going on and on about him getting the ball every play. Anyone that knows anything about football knows that when a kid is averging 11 yards per carry and has 86 carries he should get the ball more. So before you people on here open your mouth stop and think what you would do if you was the coach of a kid with this much talent.As for Schank he's a great back also with speed , vision, and moves. Now add 50 pounds to Schank and keep your speed, vision, and moves and add breaks tackles and durability you have Pendleton. Thats what makes this kid so special.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:i've watched minford against oak hill and coal grove: and i'e watched burg against ironton, cleveland st. joe, and portsmouth... the burg is by far a much better team, they are better at every single posistion, the falcons can't match up to them in any aspect. ill give it to minford, they are a physical, hard hitting team, but they don't have the pieces to beat burg. i know sloan has put up some decent number, but he won't do anything agaisnt the tough nosed burg D... that leaves it up to minford's passing game, wich doesn't even really exist, ive seen Aaron make two good throws, and they were against OH on the last drive, he followed those two good passes up by throwing a pick to end the game. another reason i feel that burg will win is because of their coaching staff. i didnt totally agree with the offense when i watched them play against ironton, they were running a power game, with speedy backs... they weren't utalizing their offense they way they could have, after that game woodward changed up the game plan and really has the offense clicking... Burg waaaaaaayyyyyyyy big...

Burg 42

... Good Luck Pirates

OMG! Why should Minford or any team for that matter even show up? Out numbered, out manned, superior speed, quickness and size in every phase. Even the waterboy is 6-6 280 and runs a 4.5 40 but didn't make the team. No match or even a game to watch. You would think Minford was playing the Steelers this Friday. Oh, wait the Bengals did beat them? :roll:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

marshallman wrote:

Burg 42

... Good Luck Pirates

OMG! Why should Minford or any team for that matter even show up? Out numbered, out manned, superior speed, quickness and size in every phase. Even the waterboy is 6-6 280 and runs a 4.5 40 but didn't make the team. No match or even a game to watch. You would think Minford was playing the Steelers this Friday. Oh, wait the Bengals did beat them? :roll:

Look at the profile " Pirate 2010" which means he is prolly in high school still. Dont take these guys to heart. It may even be a player, which if it is, I am disappointed.

Burg 27
Minford 20

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Some people on here are killing me with the blow out predictions. The past 4 games between Minford and Burg have been decided by a touchdown I believe, both teams are basicly the exact same teams from last year. All of a sudden because Minford played one of the worst games they have played in recent memory, and barely lost to a good team, everyone seems to think they will be lucky to even compete in the SOCII this year. This is still a very good football team. I look for this game to once again be decided by less than a touchdown and hopefully Minford will finaly put 4 quarters together and come out with a win.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

IDIOTS, if this bothers you it is for u, morrons. Burg-41 minford-20

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

WOW! I believe morron's is spelled moron's. I could be wrong since I'm a morron, whatever that is. If ya going to call folks a name like moron, ya might want to spell check first so folks won't think you are what you are calling others. ;-)

The Burg by at least 2 scores. I just believe they have a ton of "MO" and I believe they have improved more than Minford this year. But, this is just an opinion and we all know that opinions are like.............holes, everyone has one!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The most improved part of the offense this year is the Burg's O-Line. They are playing very solid and making plays consistently. They did a nice job last year, but now they are mostly juniors and 1 senior and are playing very well together. They don't get the glory, but they are opening up the holes very nicely for the backs.

Return to “Football”