WK6 Minford 16 Wheelersburg 15 SOC II

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: WK6 (4-1) Wheelersburg @ (4-1) Minford SOC2

Post by Bleeding Red »

FrozenFish wrote:Lang may not be the best QB on this team, but you have to use your players to their strength. I think Shank is the best option at RB, and on a running team that's where you want your best player. As far as passing goes I agree they need to start passing more now. No mercy on the SOC teams, the starters need to play full games regardless of the score. There's no rule that says you have to take it easy on an opponent like Burg did with Portsmouth this year. If the team can't compete it's not your fault. Keep the starters in and get them ready for a playoff game. It doesn't matter if Burg runs up the score, they are already hated anyway so it wouldn't change a thing.

Score if Burg has Swine Flu
BURG 28
MINFORD 0

Score if Burg is healthy and plays starters the whole game
BURG 76
MINFORD 1 (Burg kicks an extra point through the wrong goal)

What a clown!

I hope Burg keeps overlooking Minford all week cause the team I watched play Ironton week one was pathetic. Once they got behind they froze up and laid down. That week one team is still there and hopefully we will see them fall behind early and fold up like a napkin. You guys can talk all you want. Burg is more than beatable.

FrozenFish
Waterboy

Post by FrozenFish »

Minford lost to Oak Hill. Enough said.

Burg 76
Minford 1

falcon_2010
Waterboy

Post by falcon_2010 »

FrozenFish wrote:Minford lost to Oak Hill. Enough said.

Burg 76
Minford 1

yea minford got screwed over by the reffs that y we lost....ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!! BUTT PIRATES OVERRATED!!!!!!! LMAO

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Bleeding Red wrote:What a clown!

I hope Burg keeps overlooking Minford all week cause the team I watched play Ironton week one was pathetic. Once they got behind they froze up and laid down. That week one team is still there and hopefully we will see them fall behind early and fold up like a napkin. You guys can talk all you want. Burg is more than beatable.

I agree with you on 2 things....
1. What a clown! Absolutely.
2. The week 1 effort was not good.

Things have changed dramatically for Burg since week 1. The D-line has different personnel and the O-line is blocking like an experienced line should do. Burg will play a solid game and keep the Falcons in check.

Burg 28
Falcons 13

GO PIRATES!!!

WTIGER 80
Freshman Team

Post by WTIGER 80 »

Should be the game of the week. Depends on which Minford team shows up. Burg 35-14

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Bleeding Red wrote:
FrozenFish wrote:Lang may not be the best QB on this team, but you have to use your players to their strength. I think Shank is the best option at RB, and on a running team that's where you want your best player. As far as passing goes I agree they need to start passing more now. No mercy on the SOC teams, the starters need to play full games regardless of the score. There's no rule that says you have to take it easy on an opponent like Burg did with Portsmouth this year. If the team can't compete it's not your fault. Keep the starters in and get them ready for a playoff game. It doesn't matter if Burg runs up the score, they are already hated anyway so it wouldn't change a thing.

Score if Burg has Swine Flu
BURG 28
MINFORD 0

Score if Burg is healthy and plays starters the whole game
BURG 76
MINFORD 1 (Burg kicks an extra point through the wrong goal)

What a clown!

I don't no, the more I read on this thread, the more I am learning. I guess that we probably shouldn't even show up, we don't even deserve to be on the field with The Burg. The way they are talking, they will probably only have about five players show up, and only need two or three of them.

I hope everyone on The Burg team can play, and is healthy. I don't want either team to make excuses. The best game will be with both teams starters. I don't think The Burg's team, or coaches, will overlook us. Not after the battles we have had, with them, the last few years.

I agree with what another guy said on here, if Minford shows up, this will be the game of the week.

Go Falcons

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

Even if the Pirates do have the Swine Flu, I don’t see them have any problems of an avian variety.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

None of the burg players have swine flu... One did leave today, and was goin k get checked for it he isn't a starter though... None of the players mentioned missed today... And to whom ever said west wasn't one dimensional... I'm LOLing at u...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Looks like a rainy night. If so I change my prediction.

Burg 20
Minford 8

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

I think the Falcons will keep it close and the final will be 21-14 on a muddy field, but at least its 120 yards long now :-D

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

no dog in this fight but think it will be a close game. minford has a good ball club. i think burg will pull it out but a close one.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

This one has the makings to be one of the best games of the week, I think the score will be closer than most are predicting. I'll say Burg 35-27.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

6x10 wrote:Neutron-What did you say in 2007? We could pass the ball and still lost in the second round of playoffs.We had a QB throw for over 1700 yards.I bet you said we need to run the ball more.Maybe you need tosupport a team at what they do best.We have a old school coach that is run first.and it might just work.If Ironton can do it so can we. So get off the kids backs.

So were even on here in 07 to know? The answer is I think a balnced attack is the way to go, so no you're wrong!
Burg needs to pass! And yes you do work on preparing for the playoffs during regular season!
)
You people kill me! You can't stand it when someone gives a little criticism about your team. Burg is REAL good this year but if a passing game isn't brought in I promise u we'll be seeing another round 2 exit. That's all I'm saying about it now. Cause we could debate this forever. Only time will tell, and it soon will

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

You can`t judge Wheelersburg on the Ironton game. I`m sure many changes have taken place since that game! We would have to have a good bit of rain for the field to get muddy.

No prediction from me, though I have to laugh about all the talk about sickness in the Burg. Trickery !!lol

FALCONISM

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

There has been some players who have been sick. Three JV starters were out for their game against Rock Hill. I have not heard about any varsity players as of yet. If I do I will post. Rain all day Fri, hope it quits before game time. Dont want to watch in the cold rain. Good Luck Falcons.

Go Burg!

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:that leaves it up to minford's passing game, wich doesn't even really exist, ive seen Aaron make two good throws, and they were against OH on the last drive, he followed those two good passes up by throwing a pick to end the game.

one thing minford cant keep doing is throwing into double coverage when there are receivers, backs and ends wide open. there were several guys open but they tried to go for 6 pts in one shot instead of keeping the ball moving by getting 8-15 yard completions. i know there were at least 2 open on the last int. the 1 probably would have scored or at least been close to the goal line because there was no coverage on him. on another play there was a receiver open for a 1st down and the pass went to a back who ended up being short and minford ends up punting. reads and checks have to be made. you cant have your mind made up as far as who you are throwing to before the ball is hiked. way to many ints for minford this year.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Neutron Man wrote:
6x10 wrote:Neutron-What did you say in 2007? We could pass the ball and still lost in the second round of playoffs.We had a QB throw for over 1700 yards.I bet you said we need to run the ball more.Maybe you need tosupport a team at what they do best.We have a old school coach that is run first.and it might just work.If Ironton can do it so can we. So get off the kids backs.

So were even on here in 07 to know? The answer is I think a balnced attack is the way to go, so no you're wrong!
Burg needs to pass! And yes you do work on preparing for the playoffs during regular season!
)
You people kill me! You can't stand it when someone gives a little criticism about your team. Burg is REAL good this year but if a passing game isn't brought in I promise u we'll be seeing another round 2 exit. That's all I'm saying about it now. Cause we could debate this forever. Only time will tell, and it soon will

Burg wouldn't be the first very good team to leave team to leave after the second because of no passing game...I witnessed it last year with my siders...we were like 4-15 with 4 ints last year against ready,too many times we had to pass on 3 and long, we didn't use an effective passing game on first and second down to loosen up the defense, and we had the athletes to do it. Now a lot of it had do with the fact that West's oline came out flat, but its hard to block 11 guys in a box.

Even though that 4 of the 6 state winners last year were option oriented-run teams, they could still pass, you won't win a state title these days by getting in double tight and running just Iso, Power, Off-tackle...you need to mix pass, and possibly a little option in (I know burg does run the midline)...anyway I think this Burg team is really good, good enough to get the regional title game, maybe win it...but I do see them getting out of the second round, with a one-dimensional offense.

And as far as Ironton goes, they haven't had the success that they did earlier in the decade and before in 70's,80's,90's...because of a limited offense (even though they were balanced last year), I understand enrollment has been down, athletes have not been there in an abundance, and they are one of the most storied programs in the state, I like Ironton and usually always root for them, but the Robust T doesn't work the same as it used to as a base offense, and Burg runs that unbalanced Wishbone that doesn't differ too much so you can't use the logic that if Ironton can do it Burg can...

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Just heard from my buddy that Lang, Shank, and the other 2 QBs (wow they have 4QBs?) all missed school today and weren't expected to be there tomorrow. Said that one of the coaches played qb in practice. Also the center and one of the tackles were out today. News just keeps getting worse and from a reliable source. Any news on the 3 starters that were out last week? I think I'm getting sick just hearing about this. This could ruin a possivle great season.[quote][/quote]

FrozenFish, I hope that you are not betting on reliable sources information as I was at practice today and I know that there was only 3 players out due to the flu and none of them are starters. Also, all 4 players that were out with injuries are back and practicing. Only Andrew B was in pads and riding the exercise bike not practicing, I really don't expect him to play soon and his next game may even be a basketball game as I think his parents are afraid that he will get hurt again and won't be able to play basketball.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

yabbadabba

i was talking to one of the members of the state team at the game and he said something very true. he said what makes teams like wheelersburg good year in and year out -- athletes/speed u got to have some of them, discpline, weightlifting, administration/support of community, no individuals/ no one is greater then the team. adjusting to the players u have, but the biggest thing is coaches always building the program with solid people and players with in the program and developing them as the season continues. the goal is to win each game one at a time hopfully leading u to a league champ. then the playoffs, then state. dont play above your means. i think a balance will come as the team continues through out the season. a little of Coach Miller rubbed off on me i guess

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

eddie wrote:yabbadabba

i was talking to one of the members of the state team at the game and he said something very true. he said what makes teams like wheelersburg good year in and year out -- athletes/speed u got to have some of them, discpline, weightlifting, administration/support of community, no individuals/ no one is greater then the team. adjusting to the players u have, but the biggest thing is coaches always building the program with solid people and players with in the program and developing them as the season continues. the goal is to win each game one at a time hopfully leading u to a league champ. then the playoffs, then state. dont play above your means. i think a balance will come as the team continues through out the season. a little of Coach Miller rubbed off on me i guess

A little of Ed Miller rubbing off on anyone is good! :-D

Return to “Football”